Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We don't need no stinking help.
The 7-1 Saints need help, no us. We've got this. Money in old Mikey's pockets is much more important than trying to improve your teams chances. Just how in the hell did we end up with the Silas Marner of the NFL????
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 03:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Just how in the hell did we end up with the Silas Marner of the NFL????

Who would be his William Dane?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 03:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The 7-1 Saints need help, no us. We've got this. Money in old Mikey's pockets is much more important than trying to improve your teams chances. Just how in the hell did we end up with the Silas Marner of the NFL????

you wanted dez Bryant here?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 03:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The 7-1 Saints need help, no us. We've got this. Money in old Mikey's pockets is much more important than trying to improve your teams chances. Just how in the hell did we end up with the Silas Marner of the NFL????

Violin Violin Violin Violin

Here, enjoy a string quartet to accompany your sad story..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Bengals only team in the league who didnt sign a free agent or trade for help?

At least we are not as cheap as the packers and lions who traded away talent while competing for a playoff spot
Reply/Quote

[Image: d4a.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 04:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Violin Violin Violin Violin

Here, enjoy a string quartet to accompany your sad story..

Thank You, that was a much better read with the added violin!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 05:31 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Thank You, that was a much better read with the added violin!

Just trying to be helpful and set the ambience.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately the Bengals and Reds are an embarrassment and i happen to root for them and cannot change anything about that.

With that said I also love the Buckeyes and Rockets and for the most part, can't complain on that front.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals only team in the league who didnt sign a free agent or trade for help?

At least we are not as cheap as the packers and lions who traded away talent while competing for a playoff spot

Are you the type of person that when gets diagnosed with a terrible disease immediately thinks about the guy that will die of the disease before you because he was diagnosed a few years ago and feel better about yourself? If so, more power to you.  
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 04:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you wanted dez Bryant here?

So who does he have to beat out for a roster spot, Core, Malone maybe that juggernaut first round bust Ross. They knew last week that AJ was probably going to be out this week. Even if he was a bust it would convey to the team and the fans that the FO is trying to do something. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 04:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: d4a.gif]
Some peopie are cheerleaders and some are realists. I know which one I am. And you are???
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 04:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you wanted dez Bryant here?

So who does he have to beat out for a roster spot, Core, Malone maybe that juggernaut first round bust Ross. They knew last week that AJ was probably going to be out this week. Even if he was a bust it would convey to the team and the fans that the FO is trying to do something. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 06:28 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So who does he have to beat out for a roster spot, Core, Malone maybe that juggernaut first round bust Ross. They knew last week that AJ was probably going to be out this week. Even if he was a bust it would convey to the team and the fans that the FO is trying to do something. 

Dez hasn't exactly set the world on fire recently...  and has a lot of baggage.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 06:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dez hasn't exactly set the world on fire recently...  and has a lot of baggage.

A lot like Randy Moss with the Raiders before he went to the Pats..

If Dez was correct and his declining production was the result of poor offensive schemes and play calling in Dallas then he is going to the best place possible to shine.

Or he could just implode.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 06:08 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Are you the type of person that when gets diagnosed with a terrible disease immediately thinks about the guy that will die of the disease before you because he was diagnosed a few years ago and feel better about yourself? If so, more power to you.  

No.  I am the type of guy who does not squeal and cry because the Bengals are doing exactly the same thing as most other teams in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 06:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dez hasn't exactly set the world on fire recently...  and has a lot of baggage.

We will see this weekend. If he doesn't catch a ball the Bengals coordinators will have to put in a scheme to stop him. What scheme do they have to have for our receivers without AJ? Pretty simple double Boyd and blitz. If they can't run the ball they are toast.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 07:28 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: We will see this weekend. If he doesn't catch a ball the Bengals coordinators will have to put in a scheme to stop him. What scheme do they have to have for our receivers without AJ? Pretty simple double Boyd and blitz. If they can't run the ball they are toast.
That's if he plays...
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 06:38 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Some peopie are cheerleaders and some are realists. I know which one I am. And you are???

Players play. Coaches coach. Owners own. It’s a business for MB, can’t blame him for making money. Our roster has a lot of talent and (for once) we made changes in coaching. Teams do not rush out and grab every decent player on the market (specially plagued players to your locker room like DB). 5-3 coming out of the bye? Let’s talk about this for a second.

If I’m a coach (which I’m not) I would think I worked with these guys through TC and through the season. I have to believe I have the best team, and also know the depth behind them. I should know the ins and outs of every player and his strengths and weaknesses. My assistant coaches should also know what I know in their respective players.

Let’s go back to MB. Did the coaches ask for this or that any player to be signed? Doubtful. So, if he were the old MB, he could have forced a signing and said play him. But that would not be good. So, I’m guessing MB should be off the hook. But let’s not stop there.

Let’s say this coaching staff never recommended anyone because they believe with what they have, they can do better than sustain, but build the momentum from where we are currently. They are with these guys all the time. They had a good inkling on who would be ready after the bye. So let’s give them a pass as well.

Now on to the players. Guys just have to do their job. Throw, catch, run and tackle better than the other guys.

So to answer your question, I’m just a fan that doesn’t quit. My fandom foundation may shake a little (like after the KC game), but it will never break. I will get depressed, deflated, discouraged (and now the Big D) disappointed. Yet, after a few days, a few beers and real problems of life come back into perspective, I’m good again.

Go Bengals!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2018, 06:06 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Unfortunately the Bengals and Reds are an embarrassment 

Bengals currently hold a playoff spot.

What is it about playing the victim that people love so much?  I am not saying you have to predict the Bengals will win the Super Bowl, but claiming they are an "embarrassment" when they are ahead of so many other teams is ridiculous.  I don't understand why so many people get so much enjoyment from painting themselves a the victim.
Reply/Quote