Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got hosed.
As said in a different thread; let’s win and see how badly we get screwed than we all can bi*#ch and moan. Until than the speculation is a waste of energy and time. Let’s talk how we are going to destroy the Real Cleveland Browns this weekend. F the NFL and the Ratbirds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 10:30 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: As said in a different thread; let’s win and see how badly we get screwed than we all can bi*#ch and moan.  Until than the speculation is a waste of energy and time.  Let’s talk how we are going to destroy the Real Cleveland Browns this weekend.  F the NFL and the Ratbirds

That won't work.  We need more threads about how the Bengals got screwed, maybe copy and paste Zac's quotes on the topic several more times in each thread, and make up some tiger themed sayings about how the Bengals are going to claw their opponents out of spite or something like that.   That will fix everything and convince the NFL to change their minds.     Ninja

Or we could all take a step back, relax a bit knowing that as fans everything is out of our hands anyway and see what happens this weekend.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I feel like the Bengals made a mistake being upset about the Baltimore coin flip situation. It's not preferred and it forces us to have to play but it gives Baltimore a chance. The thing that they should've been pushing for is the neutral site with Buffalo if we match up in the playoffs. That was the biggest thing for me this past Monday night was the chance to force a playoff game against Buffalo to be played in Cincinnati. I think the game on Monday was going to change the whole scope of the playoffs. Now since Hamlin went into cardiac arrest all that is taken away. I'm fine with the flip in order to be fair to the Ravens but it needs to be the same across the board. If Buffalo and the Bengals win there next 2 games and meet in the 2nd round that game should be played at a neutral site. No body wanted to continue that game after Hamlin went down. If we did not only are we up but the Bills secondary is down 2 guys and they're whole team is reeling from the traumatic events that just took place. Not saying we call it a Bengals win but if we end up in Buffalo in RD 2 then we essentially called it a Buffalo win which is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
I would also say I would feel less screwed about being forced to play starters and needing to beat Baltimore in order to secure a home playoff game. If we were not only playing for that but also playing for the chance to have a potential playoff meeting between the Bills and Bengals be played at a neutral site.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 04:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote:

Is this Peter guy an NFL spokesperson or work for NFL PR cause he sure seems to have quite the problem grasping what is happening and he is sure trying to downplay and deflect from the complete and utter incompetence of the NFL.

And holy shit, how dumb are these millionaire owners of billion dollar franchises if they can't understand such a simple concept.

They can't possibly be this dumb; which is why #nflisrigged
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 12:56 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Is this Peter guy an NFL spokesperson or work for NFL PR cause he sure seems to have quite the problem grasping what is happening and he is sure trying to downplay and deflect from the complete and utter incompetence of the NFL.

Peter King is a well-know sports writer and author. He wrote for the Cincinnati Enquirer from 1980-1985.

He did look to be a bit slow on what Florio was saying.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 08:17 AM)Nepa Wrote: Very well stated. I would like the explanation as well.

The league stated that the reason the coin flips comes up in the case of the Ravens and the Bengals is because the Bengals would have played one less game and could have lost and thus tied the Ravens record. But the exact same scenario comes up if the Chiefs finish #2 with a 13-4 record and the Bengals #3 with a 12-4 record. The Bengals played one less game and could have won and tied the Chiefs record. So what is the league's reasoning for that game being in Arrowhead stadium?

I can figure no explanation other than bias. One poster speculated because one was for the division. But the division was also settled by the league, with the Bengals accorded the division. So, why did the league make two different rules for the same scenario, one subjecting the Bengals to a coin flip, the other giving the Chiefs the home field?

I wish someone would put this to the committee. 

It's very simple.  The NFL just put it all out there for everyone to see as plain as the nose on their face.  #nflisrigged
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 01:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Peter King is a well-know sports writer and author. He wrote for the Cincinnati Enquirer from 1980-1985.

He did look to be a bit slow on what Florio was saying.

Not taking anything away from him, but in this one particular instance he comes across as an NFL shill/apologist who is unable to grasp a very simple situation and facts.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 08:17 AM)Nepa Wrote: Very well stated. I would like the explanation as well.

The league stated that the reason the coin flips comes up in the case of the Ravens and the Bengals is because the Bengals would have played one less game and could have lost and thus tied the Ravens record. But the exact same scenario comes up if the Chiefs finish #2 with a 13-4 record and the Bengals #3 with a 12-4 record. The Bengals played one less game and could have won and tied the Chiefs record. So what is the league's reasoning for that game being in Arrowhead stadium?

I can figure no explanation other than bias. One poster speculated because one was for the division. But the division was also settled by the league, with the Bengals accorded the division. So, why did the league make two different rules for the same scenario, one subjecting the Bengals to a coin flip, the other giving the Chiefs the home field?

I wish someone would put this to the committee. 

Yeah I also would have been fine with a theoretical coin flip in all scenarios being treated this way: 

Team with higher win percentage wins the toss = they host the game.  Team with lower percentage wins the toss = neutral site if they both play.  Just make the rule the same.  

I think the reason I'm still talking about it on Saturday is that its complex trying to point out the issue, but you stated the question well in your last paragraph.  Yes, I'm over it in that I'm not letting it take my joy, I just feel like it's worth clearing up what our argument even is.  There is a problem and a better solution if they just follow their logic for the flip the whole way.  If they do, they don't hold the door open for bias, and don't have to cower away from the truth with either you can't make a Bengal fan happy or this is 100% about Hamlin's well being alone. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:01 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That won't work.  We need more threads about how the Bengals got screwed, maybe copy and paste Zac's quotes on the topic several more times in each thread, and make up some tiger themed sayings about how the Bengals are going to claw their opponents out of spite or something like that.   That will fix everything and convince the NFL to change their minds.     Ninja

Or we could all take a step back, relax a bit knowing that as fans everything is out of our hands anyway and see what happens this weekend.  

A huge component of this is the Baltimore coin flip nonsense of course, which all goes out the window with a win tomorrow.  I'm guessing a win tomorrow will probably work like a pressure valve around here and you'll see a lot of celebration and less acrimony over the 'decision,' especially if we end up curb-stomping the Ratbirds.  And, if the Pats somehow manage to beat Buffalo and we claim the #2 seed, things will be downright harmonious around here.  Well, until someone mentions that we still got screwed out of the possibility of the #1 seed, and then it's Katie (not that one) bar the door!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The main problem is 3 different scenarios with the same 1/2 game difference can play out for the Bengals and it’s 3 different solutions.

1. 11-5 Bengals vs 11-6 Ravens Wildcard = coin flip
2. 12-4 Bengals vs 13-4 Chiefs in division round = playing in KC
3. 12-4 Bengals vs 13-4 Chiefs in AFC championship = neutral field

There is no consistency- and that’s the real problem. They should all be coin flip/neutral field or play as is.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 02:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The main problem is 3 different scenarios with the same 1/2 game difference can play out for the Bengals and it’s 3 different solutions.

There is no consistency- and that’s the real problem. They should all be coin flip/neutral field or play as is.

Well stated and thanks for posting a clear explanation of the league's faulty solution.  Its hard to believe that there was a room working with Goodell on the best solution and not one of them saw this.  It's like the video above, King said I know what you're going to say, we were taking about it last night. Ok, you had a night to sit on it, are you able to now defend the league's logic in 3 different solutions?  
Reply/Quote
I keep making a mistake: I keep referring to the league changing the rules. But really, since it was voted on, it was the Bengals' competitors who changed the rules. Katie just wanted them to stay with the existing rules and make any rule changes after the season. The Bengals competitors changed the rules and they are the ones that put the obstacles in the Bengals' path.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 10:30 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: As said in a different thread; let’s win and see how badly we get screwed than we all can bi*#ch and moan.  Until than the speculation is a waste of energy and time.  Let’s talk how we are going to destroy the Real Cleveland Browns this weekend.  F the NFL and the Ratbirds

And there it is. Team had so much momentum and got screwed. 

I have faith in Burrow keeping everyone's head on straight and not letting the momentum die. 

Let's remember the season started 0-2 and the only thing standing between the Bengals and 12-4 is a freak cardiac arrest that almost never happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 02:32 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I personally don't think any team involved should have been allowed to vote.

There shouldn't be a vote period. The rules are in the book for cancelled games.

Reply/Quote
I've posted this elsewhere, but it's really worth posting again, as some on this board think the rule changes were no big deal. But the Bengals organization thinks there are very big deal. This is from a new article today on ESPN.

ESPN has a front-page article titled: "Sources: Bengals livid coin might take away home-field edge;

Here is the money quote: "The league told Cincinnati it should be happy it has been declared the AFC North winner, but the Bengals were furious the rules were changed on the fly and their playoff path intentionally altered."

"The Cincinnati organization feels as if the Ravens have been given enhanced opportunities that the Bengals were not and believes it has been treated unfairly by the league. Cincinnati voted against the new playoff scenario that other NFL owners approved on a Zoom call Friday.  The Bengals not only voted no but also voiced their intense opposition to the league -- to no avail"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35399525/sources-bengals-livid-coin-take-away-homefield-edge
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 12:56 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Is this Peter guy an NFL spokesperson or work for NFL PR cause he sure seems to have quite the problem grasping what is happening and he is sure trying to downplay and deflect from the complete and utter incompetence of the NFL.

And holy shit, how dumb are these millionaire owners of billion dollar franchises if they can't understand such a simple concept.

They can't possibly be this dumb; which is why #nflisrigged
Not really sure what your so upset about, he tasted the coin flip was a bridge too far ...he sounded rational in this perspective 
Reply/Quote

There is no speculation.  We already know how much we are screwed.  The NFL absolutely ignoring a rule on the books just to make up a bunch of crap that is positive for other teams but negative for one, is absolutely insane.

Maybe before the we play the Bills, in Buffalo of course, the league will make a rule that only one WR can be in the game at one time.  Should we wait until the end of the game to see how badly that screws with our offense before complaining?  

Reply/Quote
For us to win the Division because of the cancel and if we supposedly lose to the Ravens tomorrow and have to play in B-more
in the Playoffs just shows the complete bias. I knew they were going to screw us, but they went and really dug it in to our back.

Doesn't even surprise me. Remember this shit. Mellow

We won the Division, it should be played in our stadium. Just truth being stated, done with the rant.Balt Sux
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 02:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: The main problem is 3 different scenarios with the same 1/2 game difference can play out for the Bengals and it’s 3 different solutions.

It is one that baffling the other 2 I understand, 
Reply/Quote