Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
Defense bailed us out tonight.

Better hope and pray that Dalton can come back
Reply/Quote
"Not winning anything without Dalton".

Played one game without him starting and won it. Thread dismissed.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No guarentee we win anything with him, either.  Haven't to this point, anyway.  Regardless, let's hope we get the bye and he heals quickly. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:33 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No guarentee we win anything with him, either.  Haven't to this point, anyway.  Regardless, let's hope we get the bye and he heals quickly. 

This multiplied by 800 billion. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:29 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Defense bailed us out tonight.

Better hope and pray that Dalton can come back

Stupidity’s not a crime, so you’re free to go.
Reply/Quote
Tbh, I think Macaroni played decent.

He finished with a 115 Passer Rating and just did what he was supposed to do...

He didn't force any throws and threw the ball away when he was supposed to. The run game just needs to step it up so some pressure can be taken off of him.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Macaroni. I must be old because it's stupid
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:46 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Tbh, I think Macaroni played decent.

He finished with a 115 Passer Rating and just did what he was supposed to do...

He didn't force any throws and threw the ball away when he was supposed to. The run game just needs to step it up so some pressure can be taken off of him.

Not many, but at least one that I clearly remember.  He forced the ball to AJ, in tight coverage on a 3rd and medium.  While he had Sanu in space, crossing his face, at the very same moment.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:30 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: "Not winning anything without Dalton".

Played one game without him starting and won it.  Thread dismissed.

Hahaha. This tickled me.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:30 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: "Not winning anything without Dalton".

Defense won this game.
Reply/Quote
OLine got handled. If that happens, very few offenses cruise, very few QB's thrive. It wasn't a QB issue or a RB issue.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
AJ didn't cost us the game, thats all you can ask out of his first start.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:13 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Defense won this game.

Well to be fair, the 49ers aren't exactly a formidable team offensively. Yeah, defense got the job done today but they SHOULD have gotten the job done. They were playing against Blaine Gabbert who is nowhere near an elite passer. The fact that people want to praise the defense for "getting it done" for us against a terrible quarterback shows how much some Bengals fans don't want to give credit where it's due.

AJ McCarron deserves the praise. People didn't think we'd do good with him and he proved them wrong. Yes, McCarron played against a bad team, but it still doesnt negate the fact that people doubted him even though the 49ers were a bad team. McCarron looked good against a bad team, which is good for us. If he looked mediocre against a bad team then we would have a problem.
Reply/Quote

This.
Reply/Quote
49ers had not given up more than 20 points all year at home until today.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:26 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Well to be fair, the 49ers aren't exactly a formidable team offensively. Yeah, defense got the job done today but they SHOULD have gotten the job done. They were playing against Blaine Gabbert who is nowhere near an elite passer. The fact that people want to praise the defense for "getting it done" for us against a terrible quarterback shows how much some Bengals fans don't want to give credit where it's due.

AJ McCarron deserves the praise. People didn't think we'd do good with him and he proved them wrong. Yes, McCarron played against a bad team, but it still doesnt negate the fact that people doubted him even though the 49ers were a bad team. McCarron looked good against a bad team, which is good for us. If he looked mediocre against a bad team then we would have a problem.
I don't think it's a much about how McCarron looked than it is about how much the offense changes with him in there. McCarron did OK today in the role they  gave him, but let's face it, the offense they rolled out there today is nowhere near the offense we see with Dalton at the helm. A Dalton led bengals team would have won by 30+ today, no doubt in my mind. 

And I know we can't expect it to be the same in game one. But does anyone really expect it to be that much different if  he does in fact have to play in the playoffs? Will it get a little better between now and then?  Sure, more than likely. But will he lead this team the way Dalton was this season? Highly unlikely.  

Granted, the Bengals may not win anything with Dalton but I tend to agree with the OP, without Dalton, this teams super bowl aspirations are nearly 100% shot. 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 11:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Macaroni. I must be old because it's stupid

Very stupid.

Quite possibly, the stupidest ever.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:40 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I don't think it's a much about how McCarron looked than it is about how much the offense changes with him in there. McCarron did OK today in the role they  gave him, but let's face it, the offense they rolled out there today is nowhere near the offense we see with Dalton at the helm. A Dalton led bengals team would have won by 30+ today, no doubt in my mind. 

And I know we can't expect it to be the same in game one. But does anyone really expect it to be that much  different if  he does in fact have to play in the playoffs? Will it get a little better between now and then?  Sure, more than likely. But will he lead this team the way Dalton was this season? Highly unlikely.  

Granted, the Bengals may not win anything with Dalton but I tend to agree with the OP, without Dalton,  this teams super bowl aspirations are nearly 100% shot. 

I agree that the Bengals did look different today, but the thing is.... that's not McCarrons fault. That's on the coaches. They decided to do some pretty questionable calling today because it looked like they trusted their quarterback just as much as some people on this forum do. Not a lot.
Reply/Quote
I have no idea what will happen next week, and neither does another person on this board. I have "picked" games the entire season that have surprised me at the actual outcome. Even in "eliminator" pools, very few folks are left standing at this point, and that requires only picking one game right each week. (On ESPN, for instance, only 28 folks are still perfect for the season...out of millions.)

The Bengals performance against the 49ers tells us not a thing. The Chiefs are in BIG trouble in the playoffs. They only beat the Bears 10-3 last week? But wait, they spanked the Ravens by 20 this week?

It will be interesting to see how the season plays out.
Reply/Quote
The offense looked horrible out there today. The offense couldn't score a TD on the 49ers unless they were already close to the end zone. We only scored 3 points when the offense started on their own side of the field.

The offensive line looked worse, the run game looked worse, the receivers looked worse, everything looked worse. The offense shouldn't look that much worse going up against one of the worst defenses in the league.
Reply/Quote