Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
(12-21-2015, 05:37 AM)Element Wrote: What have we won with Dalton?

50 out of 82 games...including the playoffs.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:09 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Guilty... But you'll never see me come on here and complain about a win. Ill take the win and run with it.

Really can't take the game day threads seriously. Emotions are high and most are just venting. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
No one can honestly say they'd rather face Pittsburgh than the chiefs . Bengals should be fine with either team but Pittsburgh is clearly a better team. Their d is trash but they have a excellent offense .

I get that there would be no better feeling Than getting our 1st playoff win in forever over them but I want a playoff win and we Fare much better against the chiefs.

I also don't think we roll over for Denver , if aj and eifert are healthy it should make life alot easier for mccarron . They need to work on the short routes though because Denver will be blitzing all night to try and rattle him .
Reply/Quote
Now by some miracle if dalton was ready to go and wasn't just trying to play through the injury with a 60 % thumb then bring on anyone because dalton had this team playing like it was gonna score on anyone
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:57 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Count me old also because it's big time stupid.

Why do we always feel the need to give someone a nickname?  Here's one:  Let's call him AJ.

Well....since his real name is Raymond Anthony, he already has a nickname - AJ
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
We might be able to win a playoff game with Maccaron but I don't see us going all the way with him to a Superbowl.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:57 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Count me old also because it's big time stupid.

Why do we always feel the need to give someone a nickname?  Here's one:  Let's call him AJ.

The nickname Macaroni reminds me of this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FOz-pD4AI0

Prepare yourself, because it is reeeeeeeally stupid.

Can't call him Macaroni after watching that video, as it is way too close to Macaron.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 10:00 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I want to see what the status of Geno Atkins is for that game, since he has the sickle cell trait and can't play much in high altitudes.

I think they should dress Hardison for that game.  We are going to need to rotate Geno more than normal.
Reply/Quote
Agreed. Macaroni didn't look horrible, but his missed a lot of reads.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
According to PFF analysts AJ graded out just fine at +2.6. I don't know why so many people insist he missed a bunch of reads and played like a rookie. He didn't. They just wanted him to so they saw it that way. To anyone thinking that way, go play more Madden you need to practice your own reads. 

– QB A.J. McCarron not only broke the streak for former Alabama QBs as NFL starters by helping his team to a win; he walked away with a healthy +2.6 grade, as well. Hitting on five-of-six passes targeted over 10 yards downfield, McCarron was also five-of-six when blitzed (for 54 yards and a touchdown). It remains to be seen how long his tenure as the Bengals’ starting QB will be, but there were moments in the game (his far hash throw at 14:20 in the third quarter and the go route he dropped in at 8:28 of the first) that suggest he may be able to do more than keep the seat warm.

From PFF CIN-SF GRADES: A.J. MCCARRON PROVES HE COULD BE MORE THAN JUST A PLACEHOLDER
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 05:37 AM)Element Wrote: What have we won with Dalton?

Regular season we've done quite a bit with the red rifle. He was having a stellar year this season as well. 

Playoffs are a different story.
Reply/Quote
Osweiller has a hurt shoulder and probably isn't going to be playing.
Manning was benched to Osweiller (and hurt); and really done before being hurt.

Coach said today they're going to be starting over at the QB Position - could be Brock.

All that to say, AJMac is NOT going to be a liability in this game in comparison to whatever Denver throws out there.
And w/ Denver down to their 4th Safety now - I have to think that should be a good thing for AJMac.

I really wouldn't write this game off. In fact, I believe much more strongly we can come away with the win in this game. In fact... we should.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 09:36 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We aren't beating Denver next week though.

Cut and paste from your post last year?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:03 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:  It's about Can we win the Super Bowl with McCarron at QB? And with all due respect, right now, at this moment, I think the answer is no. 

I hva always been one of the people who said I wanted to see Mccarron play before I judged him.  Although people like Bfine called that "hate" I called it logical.

What i saw Sunday made me feel that we can win with hiom at QB.  He is not as good as Dalton, but he did not throw a bunch of picks and he was not afraid to throw the ball deep.

What exactly did you see sunday that madr you yhink we could not win with McCarron?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 11:00 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Man you guys are ridiculous.. It was McCarrons first start and the game plan was obviously stay committed to the run so he will be comfortable. 49ers knew this and loaded up on the run defense. AJ made the necessary plays to keep drives alive, while not committing any dumb turnovers.

You couldn't ask for more of a backup in his first start. Stop being so nit pickey and get over it.

Rep
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:35 PM)gobobro Wrote: And I have no idea what draft thread you are referring to. I wasn't around for it. The board I used to frequent generally thought he was a good pick for the fifth round.

Here are how draft day threads generally work.  With each pick every fan has a player they want the bengals to take.  when the Bengals take someone else they complain.  So most of the picks get more hate than love.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, once McC loses (and he will sooner or later), all the haters will be out parading how much foresight that they have. The way I see it, he's a serviceable starter for now. I'm not getting all worked up because he's all we've got and the rest of the team is pretty damn good. Who knows? Dalton may not be able to throw the ball very well when he heals up due to soreness or lack of grip. McC might just have to take us through the playoffs. Time will tell.

What I do know is that we've got a 5th round draft pick backup QB that has a couple of National Championship rings (which don't mean much), but at least we've got something. I hope the fans don't give up on the team just because of the QB.

We've got a chance.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 01:53 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Unfortunately, once McC loses (and he will sooner or later), all the haters will be out parading how much foresight that they have. 

The way I sawit there were never any McCarron haters.  There were just people responding to the Dalton haters who were claiming that McCarron should be starting.

My position has always been that McCarron was a fith round pick who might be good, but I needed to see him prove it first.  

Some people called him a clone of McElroy (I guess that might count as "hate"), but I always disagreed with that.  McCarron was a much better QB than McElroy.  They both won Championships with an amazing amount of talent around them at Bama, but McCarron could throw the ball better.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The way I sawit there were never any McCarron haters.  There were just people responding to the Dalton haters who were clkaiming that McCarron should be starting.

My position has always been that McCarron was a fith round pick who might be good, but I needed to see him prove it first.  

Some people called him a clone of McElroy (I guess that might count as "hate"), but I always disagreed with that.  McCarron was a much better QB than McElroy.  They both won Championships with an amazing amount of talent around them at Bama, but McCarron could throw the ball better.

I was one of those guys.....it wasn't hate, was just my opinion of him, considering the team he was on.  After seeing him at this level, I think it's pretty obvious I underestimated the kid.

That said, I think your first line is spot on.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I hva always been one of the people who said I wanted to see Mccarron play before I judged him.  Although people like Bfine called that "hate" I called it logical.

What i saw Sunday made me feel that we can win with hiom at QB.  He is not as good as Dalton, but he did not throw a bunch of picks and he was not afraid to throw the ball deep.

What exactly did you see sunday that madr you yhink we could not win with McCarron?

I've answered your question multiple times in this thread.  So either 1) you've read the answer and didn't comprehend it,  2) you've read the answer and didn't like it or 3) you haven't read my posts in their entirety. Regardless of which category you fall under, I'm not repeating myself again.  

Reply/Quote