Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Vikings @ Bengals***
(09-12-2021, 06:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I can’t be a little critical?

Defense was great. Chase was great. Mcpherson was great

Offense was sub par against a bad defense.

Oline still isn’t good

1-0

Some good some bad

They aren't a bad defense. Or at least we don't know if they are. They were a good defense for 5 years and had a bad year last year after suffering numerous injuries. It's likely they're back to being a top 15 defense this year
Reply/Quote
Hopkins looked like he was stuck in quicksand a few times
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:59 PM)JumboTron Wrote: How big of him...

It actually means something. Coaches never do this
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Well obviously sometimes those elite running teams lose yards or gain only 2 on plays.

But without big chunk plays, they’re still averaging around 4 yards a pop

Bengals without chunk runs is more at 2.5

You completely made that up. You have 0 evidence to support anything you just said. 

We averaged 4.5 yards today which is completely fine
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:46 PM)Whacked Wrote: Ha! From 7 hours ago

Credit deserved where credit is due. Mmm hmm.

Got any lottery numbers...?   Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:03 PM)treee Wrote: Hopkins looked like he was stuck in quicksand a few times

Yeah, it’s a little concerning with our only backup being a banged up rookie. Hopefully he’ll be back to form within the next couple weeks.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:44 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Mc-Fierce-SON

Hashtag it.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:58 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I agree the dline was wrecking their o line. Just that I don't ever recall a game where we had such a huge advantage penalty wise. It was so one-sided. 

The Bengals were generally pretty disciplined in that regard (a good sign that the coaches had them well prepared). And again, they caused a lot of Minnesota's penalties.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:03 PM)treee Wrote: Hopkins looked like he was stuck in quicksand a few times

Everyone is worried about Burrow when Hopkins is the one that actually messed up his knew after Burrow's injury.  Not to mention all the weight those knees need to support compared to Burrows.  Truly a Miracle.
Reply/Quote
Lol. I wish. I usually have zero pick success. I’ll enjoy the I one dang time I got it right. lol

(09-12-2021, 06:06 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Credit deserved where credit is due. Mmm hmm.

Got any lottery numbers...?   Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: F..all..U chicken littles

After seeing only 10 winning seasons in my 30+ years as a season ticket holder, I’ll drop the B word (apparently can’t actually type it without triggering some people ) whenever we start doing stupid $&@#! and look to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I’ll stop when the team is consistently winning and advancing in the playoffs. I think Burrow can get them there in the next few years. I’m much less sure about Taylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: They aren't a bad defense. Or at least we don't know if they are. They were a good defense for 5 years and had a bad year last year after suffering numerous injuries. It's likely they're back to being a top 15 defense this year

This. It wasn't a "bad Vikings defense". They had a lot of injuries last year; those guys are back, and they've made some quality additions. And they're coached by one Mike Zimmer. The Bengals offense performed well against one of the better defenses they'll face this year. And if they can stay healthy, they'll only get better. 
This was, no doubt, a game that they would have lost over the last couple of years. That they found a way to win is a significant step forward. Enjoy it.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: No injuries.

Huge for this team. 
Reply/Quote
Evan Mac.....that's what you should get when you spend a draft pick on a K.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 05:48 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Odd I thought the defense played pretty good outside of Apples meltdown but they still allowed 300+ yards passing. We got a couple of awesome offensive drives after a quarter and a half of shit then disappeared. Is Joe actually hurt? Hope not. I expected to lose so winning it a nice bonus even if it was a terribly called game. I remember saying if we won 7-9 game’s and was competitive to keep Zac on that last year but if this terrible play calling continues on a year like that **** him and fire him

Not unusual to give up 300 yards when you shut down their running game and it goes to OT.  And win.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:22 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Huge for this team. 

(09-12-2021, 06:37 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: Not unusual to give up 300 yards when you shut down their running game and it goes to OT.  And win.

Cousins, an average QB at best, had over 300 in regulation. 
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:17 PM)bjf123 Wrote: After seeing only 10 winning seasons in my 30+ years as a season ticket holder, I’ll drop the B word (apparently can’t actually type it without triggering some people ) whenever we start doing stupid $&@#! and look to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I’ll stop when the team is consistently winning and advancing in the playoffs. I think Burrow can get them there in the next few years. I’m much less sure about Taylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't have said it any better myself.  You don't want to be called "Bungles" then don't play like a bunch of 
bungles
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 11:20 AM)Synric Wrote: Thats me next weekend.

I got set up and listened to the game on Sirius and turned it off when the Vikes tied it at the end. It was nice to check back in and see that they won. I can watch it a bit later on GamePass. 

Time to read the rest of the GD thread right now. lol

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 02:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 1st quarter of the 1st game and the overreactions are already in midseason form.  Ninja

It's especially fun reading it after the fact. Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 02:59 PM)Tony Wrote: Game over... Boy, it just never gets any better in cincy

lol. I wasn't going to post any of these ridiculous early post but this is just too priceless and regular. 

This thread is just a reminder of why i need to stay the **** out of GD threads. Absolute shit posting. 

I'm gonna finish this one though. LOL

Reply/Quote