Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 12 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
(11-26-2023, 06:11 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I don't think it does unless it's inside of 5 minutes.

It always does, but starts back up once the ball is spotted except inside of 5 minutes.
Signing out as in the movies the Fockers. Focker out
(11-26-2023, 06:12 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: It always does, but starts back up once the ball is spotted except inside of 5 minutes.

Hey, I'm not wrong, but your answers explains it better!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-26-2023, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When you say incredibly dumb shit you’re going to be “attacked.” That’s how message boards work.

How was that incredibly dumb?

Please explain why Burrow should not be up near the field when his backup is playing like every other starter is when their backup is in.
(11-26-2023, 05:54 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: Wife surprised me for my birthday yesterday with a trip to Florida for the jags game next week.  Arranged everthing before the season started.  Not very excited about the game now

If we lose we get a higher draft pick and a Jags win can keep the Ravens out of the #1 seed.  This isn't very "new dey" thinking, but meh...what can ya do?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Mixon had 8 carries, just terrible game plan.
(11-26-2023, 06:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mixon had 8 carries, just terrible game plan.
Why? He's a terrible RB.
(11-26-2023, 06:35 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Why? He's a terrible RB.

You still can't abandon the run though. 
I know everyone will be harping on the Steelers getting over 400 yards for the first time all year, but, they still were under their average points per game. Yards are nice, but, points are better.

Plus, Najee still didn't get 100 yards even though he ran well today. That, to me, is the most embarrassing thing.
(11-26-2023, 05:35 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Points are the aim of the game, but 400+ yards to Kenny Pickett and the Steelers run game is beyond pathetic stuff. We're never winning with 175 total yards ourselves, but the defence knew before this game that Browning was the starting QB, and they'd need to play hard to give him any shot. This was their effort.

They held Pittsburgh to 16 points. This loss falls squarely on the offense. Also, no one should expect the defense to keep bailing out the offense like they have done the past 2 years. The Bengals management made the decision to weaken the defense by allowing talent to leave so the team could spend that money on the offense instead. You can't take away Bates, Bell, Apple, Ogunjobi from Lou and expect his defense is going to play at the same level. If the Bengals are going to take away from the defense to give to the offense, the offense needs to carry this team. Everyone knew this would be the case before the season started.
(11-26-2023, 05:58 PM)TStrictlyBiz Wrote: No ruling it a TD is the correct move. Automatic replay kicks in and that assuredly gets it right. 

But it's not the correct move.  It didn't look complete live, it looked like he couldn't hang on to the ground.  Thus the incomplete ruling.  Replay can only overturn clear and obvious, so you can't award the score when it looks incomplete as there is no guarantee that there is clear and obvious evidence to overturn it.  So it has to be called the way it looks, not just awarding a score when it doesn't look complete and hope that replay can correct it if they are wrong.
(11-26-2023, 06:35 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Why? He's a terrible RB.

Not any argument here on that. It's just that they couldn't rely on the passing game alone.
(11-26-2023, 06:43 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: They held Pittsburgh to 16 points.  This loss falls squarely on the offense.  Also, no one should expect the defense to keep bailing out the offense like they have done the past 2 years.  The Bengals management made the decision to weaken the defense by allowing talent to leave so the team could spend that money on the offense instead. You can't take away Bates, Bell, Apple, Ogunjobi from Lou and expect his defense is going to play at the same level.  If the Bengals are going to take away from the defense to give to the offense, the offense needs to carry this team.  Everyone knew this would be the case before the season started.

I'm not going to disagree that the offence was the culprit today. You win 0% of NFL games when you score 7 points. And 16 points given up (though it should've been more really), is certainly more than a reasonable target to set for the offence. I'm not disputing your point.

But this does seem to suggest the defence played well today. It ignores that they gave up over 400 yards to a joke of an offence. A decent offence will hang 30+ on these guys, as has been happening more recently. I imagine it will again next week. It may well happen for most of the rest of this season.

We know Browning at QB will mean the offence will struggle to manage 20 points. With that in mind, the defence has to be virtually shutdown to give us a chance. Giving up 400 yards plus to Kenny Pickett is not shutdown under any parameters. They are not tough to play against, regardless of holding the Steelers to 16 today.

Let's not forget, that the defence had next to nobody out for today's game either. Really is not a good sign at all.
If I was Burrow; after surgery I’m calling my agent & other representation & putting the wheels in motion for demanding a trade. He can see what we all see…..
(11-26-2023, 05:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m done with Lou. These numbers don’t lie.

So you take away a good amount of talent Lou has to work with and are surprised his defense isn't as good? They still hold Pittsburgh to just 16 points and it's the defenses fault we lose the game when the offense only scores 10 points?
(11-26-2023, 05:54 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: Wife surprised me for my birthday yesterday with a trip to Florida for the jags game next week. Arranged everthing before the season started. Not very excited about the game now

Be careful there. A friend of mine was at a Bengals Jags game a number of years ago. At the time, he was in his 60s. He’s about 5’8”, if that and not a loud, vocal, fan. At one point, a Jags fan turned and punched him in the face with a cop standing right there. The cop just shrugged his shoulders as if nothing happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11-26-2023, 06:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How was that incredibly dumb?

Please explain why Burrow should not be up near the field when his backup is playing like every other starter is when their backup is in.

yea. thats noticeable and bad optics
Chiefs should be firing DC Steve Spagnolo tonight.  Raiders average 270 yards per game and already have 220 and the first half isn't over.  Chiefs only have 13 yards of offense. Ninja
(11-26-2023, 06:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not any argument here on that. It's just that they couldn't rely on the passing game alone.

Agreed, but who do you have to run the ball? Sadly, Sample had the best running play of the game when he bulldozed Wilcox.
(11-26-2023, 07:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Chiefs should be firing DC Steve Spagnolo tonight.  Raiders average 270 yards per game and already have 220 and the first half isn't over.  Chiefs only have 13 yards of offense. Ninja

I hope they lose and blame their season’s decline on Kelce and Swift. I’m already over that annoyance. It’s everywhere. Gagggg

lol

Seriously though, time for a different AFC team (not the Rat Turds please) to go to the SB

I’m pulling for TUA. Classy dude.