Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chargers @ Bengals***
(12-05-2021, 06:21 PM)R3stangs Wrote: And back to being an embarrassed bengal fan.

When you expect this, you can’t be embarrassed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:21 PM)matmaven Wrote: Herbert and Burrow both have great futures if they get good coaching and supporting cast.

That being said, if you asked 100 NFL types which one they would rather have, 85+ would take Herbert.  

Zero chance this is true.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: so that means he's better than Burrow?

At this point I believe he is. I also wanted to draft him (w/extra picks) - but the board was all Burrow so 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:12 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: He was ROTY

Yes but Burrow had better stats than Herbert before he was injured.  If Burrow doesnt get his knee blown out, Herbert doesnt win ROTY, Burrow does.

Even when you look at this game, its silly to say Herbert is better when Burrows Oline sucks.  Plus Burrow is still not 100% from his surgery.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:14 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Never thought we were goingt to the Superbowl.  

On to year #32.   Yay.

Hopefully in a month or so you can bring this back up so I can eat some crow.  I would happily eat.

Well out of curiousity, what were you hoping for? Surely 7-5 is about as good as anybody thought we'd be right now? 

I don't think this team has suddenly turned the corner or anything, but I just can't understand why anyone would be that down on us right now. We could easily have continued last year's form and been sitting at 4-8 or some crap, but we're not. Nobody who knows the Bengals would've expected us at 9-3 or better.

I'd say the Chargers are about where we are... a bubble playoff team. Sure they beat us, but turnovers cost us that game, not a difference in talent.

That said, I personally think you'll be very entitled to feel miserable in 5 games time, as I don't see us winning many from here on.
Reply/Quote
I got called out by 2 members saying no fan should ever use the 'B' word.

I counted 20+ posts in here where the word was used.

This franchise has found a way to bungle their way out of being a true SB contender for 30 years.

I'm not going to band wagon somewhere else, but I'm also a realist and until this franchise PROVES me wrong, I'll be, at best, cautiously optimistic always waiting for the other shoe to drop
Reply/Quote
This Team is exactly what Zac Taylor has built. Too young to understand how to win and paper thin depth. Coach is a legit dumpster fire. 2nd time this year they get pooped on after an emotional win...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Well that game was equal parts vomit and diarrhea.
Reply/Quote
7-5 now.

SF next week in Cincy.
Then CIN at DEN.
BAL in Cincy
KC in Cincy
CIN at CLE

9-7. Maybe. 9-7 won’t make the playoffs this year.

No idea where the super bowl talk came from. Most of us were hoping for playoffs. Not happenin’

And he’s got Burrow in there now, obviously to pad his stats for the Burrow v Herbert debate here.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:19 PM)Tony Wrote: In theory. I guess it was over at 24-0

Actually, the sign came earlier in the form of Chase fumbling away a sure TD.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Lost goes to Pollard and his shitty line

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:18 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Herbert has an offensive line, Burrow foes not. Can’t compare the 2 unless on the same team

This…

Anybody comparing performances between Burrow and Herbert at this point doesn’t know there ass from their elbow. Burrow’s line is probably in the bottom 3 in this league and he has his team at 7-5.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: and that's based off of Herbert remaining healthy in 2020

No, I think NFL types think he has an elite arm and mobility, a notch above Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:11 PM)STR1PES Wrote: when they yell Palmer Palmer Palmer Palmer, does that mean time to quit?

Careful, a lot of posts going on right now are about how Burrow would be winning more if he weren't in Cicny.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: and that's based off of Herbert remaining healthy in 2020

And his 2021. But here we are slaming him today after the numebrs he put up on this defense. So maybe people around here aren't best to ask.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:21 PM)R3stangs Wrote: And back to being an embarrassed bengal fan.

The highs and lows of Bengals fandom. This season has been a roller coaster of emotions! Today is a dip.
Reply/Quote
Humiliated at home. Again.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Herbert is better than Burrow. Fans slamming him, need to check his numbers this game. it was an elite game from him. Only Bengals fans are downplaying that. But it isn't only this game. His numebrs have been better than Burrows numbers. Head to head just highlighted the difference.

Besides, this was a highly televised game and the nation saw with their own eyes and have come to their own conclusion. It isn't even an argument anymore.

What about that game was "elite"? Genuinely curious how tossing the ball up in 50-50 situations is elite but Burrow throwing a perfect pass to Chase and him giving it to the defense isn't. 

Both QBs made some good plays and both made some bad. One QB had a few more plays go his way that were completely out of their control (WRs making/not making catches). I came away thinking both looked average today. 
Reply/Quote
You are not winning many games worh 4 turnovers, 4 or 5 sacks and like 5 penalties on Oline, besides playing Herbert who if you were there today showed he is not overrated
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: 7-5 now.

SF next week in Cincy.
Then CIN at DEN.
BAL in Cincy
KC in Cincy
CIN at CLE

9-7. Maybe. 9-7 won’t make the playoffs this year.

No idea where the super bowl talk came from. Most of us were hoping for playoffs. Not happenin’

And he’s got Burrow in there now, obviously to pad his stats for the Burrow v Herbert debate here.

9-7 might not... since nobody is going 9-7. Does 10-7? Cause we play another game y'know!

I think we cap at 9 wins either way.
Reply/Quote