Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 13 GameDay Thread - Chargers @ Bengals***
(12-05-2021, 06:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Herbert is better than Burrow. Fans slamming him, need to check his numbers this game. it was an elite game from him. Only Bengals fans are downplaying that.

Besides, this was a highly televised game and the nation saw with their own eyes and have come to their own conclusion. It isn't even an argument anymore.

Spoken like someone that doenst watch football. Its jump balls vs single coverage and solid play action. That is not a QB driven win. Mostly Bengals turnovers killed the football game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Herbert is better than Burrow. Fans slamming him, need to check his numbers this game. it was an elite game from him. Only Bengals fans are downplaying that. But it isn't only this game. His numebrs have been better than Burrows.  

Besides, this was a highly televised game and the nation saw with their own eyes and have come to their own conclusion. It isn't even an argument anymore.

Herbert has an offensive line, Burrow foes not. Can’t compare the 2 unless on the same team
Reply/Quote
I saw NO QUIT. Bengals were down 24 to 0 early on. They fought back to 24 to 22. They will lose this game, but I'm Proud of THE NO QUIT. Some of you may not care about that, but NO QUIT is HUGE in football from Pee Wee to Pros. I will not BOO. Fans who don't know football will BOO.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Too many mistakes by too many players.
Reply/Quote
Who the **** cares who’s better between the two? What difference does it make now? Both are very good.
Reply/Quote
In theory. I guess it was over at 24-0
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:17 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Great question. One OSU lineman killed the franchise and a second is coming close

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They need to stop signing OSU players that do alright in college. They’re absolute over hyped scrubs in the NFL. Price and Prince weren’t really ever worth a damn in college. I don’t know why it’s so ***** shocking to our staff that they pick up a guy that nobody wanted and he comes in and gives up hit after hit on our QB.
Reply/Quote
Fans bailed lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Spoken like someone that doenst watch football. Its jump balls vs single coverage and solid play action. That is not a QB driven win. Mostly Bengals turnovers killed the football game.

I think he was being sarcastic.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
This game was lost before all the injuries occurred. They obviously didn't help but they played from behind from the first Charger possession.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Herbert is better than Burrow. Fans slamming him, need to check his numbers this game. it was an elite game from him. Only Bengals fans are downplaying that. But it isn't only this game. His numebrs have been better than Burrows numbers. Head to head just highlighted the difference.

Herbert and Burrow both have great futures if they get good coaching and supporting cast.

That being said, if you asked 100 NFL types which one they would rather have, 85+ would take Herbert.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Be careful, if you actually have standards and hold the Bengals to them you'll get attacked...

Oh no, what a victim you are. I'm sure it is just because all of us have no standards, you have to be right. Here, let me jump on your bandwagon.

Oh no....defense stinks again...so much for a good defense...

Burrow is looking like a bust....

Playoffs were always just a fantasy...

McPherson sucks....waste of a pick....

What am I missing? Help me out. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: so 1 game out of 17 decided once and for all that herbert is better

it's hard to not lose iq points browsing this place

Sure. The one game you can see them side by side. I'd stay away from sports media this week if you guys can't handle the reactions over this debate. It was all that was talked about leading up to the game (would you take Burrow or Herbert) and it is all being discussed now (hint, not many people are taking Burrow over Herbert). 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
And back to being an embarrassed bengal fan.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: so 1 game out of 17 decided once and for all that herbert is better

it's hard to not lose iq points browsing this place

Under statement of the century..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:21 PM)matmaven Wrote: Herbert and Burrow both have great futures if they get good coaching and supporting cast.

That being said, if you asked 100 NFL types which one they would rather have, 85+ would take Herbert.  

and that's based off of Herbert remaining healthy in 2020
Reply/Quote
Burrow is out there.....why?
Reply/Quote
All the skill players were awful today. Which made the job for an already patchwork OL impossible. Chase is back to being skillet hands inexplicably. Mixon just drops the ball for no reason. Other dropped balls across the WR group. Burrow showing no pocket awareness at all and no movement in the pocket.

Defense at least recovered its footing somewhat after allowing embarrassingly easy scores early.

All in all basically Cleveland game 2.0.

And contrary to what some posters think, it is not dumb or anything else to expect you PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM to show up every game and play like....um...PROFESSIONALS. Which means no dumb mistakes, no dumb penalties, being on the ball. I don't think expecting that for 3 hours once a week is asking too much.
Reply/Quote
Mixon fumble. That made it too much to overcome since our offense was sputtering all day.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
What really sucks is... I had to go for a quick drive... as I'm sitting in the parking lot of my destination... I see the Bengals score to make it 22-24 but FAIL the 2pt conversion to tie. I've seen it happen soooooo many times that I wondered to myself - "Is this one of those almost valiant comebacks where the comeback team gets oooooh so close?" At the end of my 15 minute return drive home, I had my answer. 38-22 DAMMIT.
Reply/Quote