Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
***Week 14 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals***
(12-12-2021, 10:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The early INT that was negated by a hands to the face penalty and then another INT that doinked to Chase for a catch did actually happen. Bad throws, that the team got lucky on.

The yardage total looks nice, but he took sacks in critical spots. Have to either throw it away or try to run. Yes, the 300 + yards looks great but not his best overall game at all.

Line gave him no protection and the stats look even better than nice that he did all this with a dislocated pinky and not much of a run game. We probably had to scrap quite a few route combinations for his injury a couple early throws sailed as he adjusting for his injury 
Reply/Quote
In the span of 3 minutes, the Bengals went from 4th in the AFC to 9th.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So Bell gets flagged for taunting after pointing his finger. Robert Quinn of the Bears just sacked Rodgers and got up and did the discount double check thing while looking at Rodgers and no flag to be found. No consistency at all.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Does he sign an extension Tony or does he go FA when the time comes?

He's already outta here, I think...
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They always find a way to trip over themselves when presented with a gift (first place).

Always have, always will. 

Exactly.

We've seen this movie before.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The issue is the person we drafted instead of a lineman is the reason we almost won the game. This has happened in most of our wins (chase plays a big part), and Joe is getting destroyed back there in the process. Mixon also has a junk game after junk game because of the same line. RB time is ticking, they get over the hill qiuck.

I don't care about drafting Chase.  He was a fine pick and has a bright future ahead of him.

This team needed to do for the offensive line what they did for the defense and spend money on proven talent.  This is even more true with a young quarterback.  It's absolutely mind-blowing to me that they suddenly became big spenders in the last two offseasons and STILL half-stepped up front on offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:38 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: In the span of 3 minutes, the Bengals went from 4th in the AFC to 9th.

You're not surprised, are you?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's another one...

What are there...about 6 or 7 of these things that can be said will make them better, yet the continuously do them?

Just so you know, I was being a sarcastic downer when I said that.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are like a bad drug addiction. You are always chasing that high, and you will never catch it...
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Rather see them lose by not taking a p**** route with those two runs, and instead keep throwing it.

*Bengals football

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:42 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals are like a bad drug addiction. You are always chasing that high, and you will never catch it...

See my signature.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Blame Von Bell and Darius Phillips for this loss. Joe Burrow played his absolute heart out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

It would be nice if that asshole would play his heart out in the 1st half. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:07 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I'll have to disagree with you on him being the worst coach in the league.  I think Nagy is just as bad 

Nagy made the playoffs twice with Mitch Trubisky...you think ZT could do that?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:39 PM)Tony Wrote: He's already outta here, I think...

He has 2 years left.  Of course there's the proverbial MB 31 year saying . . "There's always next year!"
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Unfortunately I've gotten 35 years out of this so far. Seems like jail to not be allowed to quit this team lol.

Night and day difference between father and son.

The second biggest mistake PB made, using his feelings over his intellect, was when he passed the Owner/GM baton to MB.
Reply/Quote
If not for Halle Berry as Cleopatra commercial, watching this game would have been a complete loss.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Just so you know, I was being a sarcastic downer when I said that.

Sarcasm or not. Truth is truth.

Reply/Quote
Well shit, so we might finish with the better Div record and still miss the playoffs? Is that even possible, freakin impressive if so.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:40 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't care about drafting Chase.  He was a fine pick and has a bright future ahead of him.

This team needed to do for the offensive line what they did for the defense and spend money on proven talent.  This is even more true with a young quarterback.  It's absolutely mind-blowing to me that they suddenly became big spenders in the last two offseasons and STILL half-stepped up front on offense.

Yeah, but our QB also had a career threatening injury (can we say it's probably still affecting him, maybe?) and we still did little to help. Seems like the order of operations was backwards, protect the already critically injured QB, get a WR.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:39 PM)cinci4life Wrote: So Bell gets flagged for taunting after pointing his finger. Robert Quinn of the Bears just sacked Rodgers and got up and did the discount double check thing while looking at Rodgers and no flag to be found. No consistency at all.

That's because the discount double check earns Aaron money which in turn is split 50/50 with the league (hidden contract agreement).
Reply/Quote