Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***
(01-03-2023, 12:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Give both teams the win

(01-03-2023, 12:07 AM)Joelist Wrote: You almost would need to award both teams a W if you don't finish the game. 

Then the Chiefs organization can file a grievance because the money involved in taking the number 3 seed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They will only update Damar Hamlins condition on this broadcast if it positive news
I would think
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: My GF is scanning online about this young man's status. As part of the CPR, it appears that the defibrillator was used.

Probably an AED which is standard of care with CPR.

Probably had an irregular heartbeat which caused it to stop. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy would be high on the differential diagnosis.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 11:54 PM)Destro Wrote: Basketball heads. Didn't a basketball player collapse on the court and died? Want to say Celtics, but can be wrong.

Keyontae Johnson from UF. Almost the exact same situation. He survived but it was close. He’s living a normal life now and even began playing basketball again.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Color me surprised they did the right thing.

I assume one of the reasons they played all those commercials was to burn through their contracted advertising in case the game didn't start back up.  We will see what shakes out, but I assume Goddell and the NFL were waiting for good news or any excuse for it to "be ok for them to go back out there" and they didn't get it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:09 AM)Synric Wrote: Then the Chiefs organization can file a grievance because the money involved in taking the number 3 seed.

Chiefs would be the 2 seed if you give both teams a win. A tie unfortunately locks the Bengals into the 3.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:09 AM)Synric Wrote: Then the Chiefs organization can file a grievance because the money involved in taking the number 3 seed.

Whatever they do; it'll have to be approved by a majority of the owners IMO. 

The dude with the handmade Pray sign is my new hero
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Best thing is Cincy has some world-class medical facilities.

We have high level hospitals here. Did they say Cincinnati only has one Level 1 Trauma center? 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:07 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: It was the hit. He got hit in the chest. Unfortunately for this dude and his teammates (and all of us) I don't think he makes it out of this.

(01-03-2023, 12:07 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: To me it looked like a brain injury but what do I know. The way he fell back and his hands thrust up isn’t that similar to what Tua did?

It was a chest injury, he is currently intubated and in critical condition.  

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:10 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Chiefs would be the 2 seed. A tie unfortunately locks the Bengals into the 3.

Again that would mean they could lose ticket sales and advertisement the city loses money if the Bills play the Chiefs in the AFC Championship.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:11 AM)Destro Wrote: We have high level hospitals here. Did they say Cincinnati only has one Level 1 Trauma center? 

About 6 times.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:10 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Probably an AED which is standard of care with CPR.

Probably had an irregular heartbeat which caused it to stop. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy would be high on the differential diagnosis.

Breech!!

Glad to hear you chime in, I know you know your med stuff
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:12 AM)Synric Wrote: Again that would mean they could lose ticket sales and advertisement the city loses money if the Bills play the Chiefs in the AFC Championship.

Exactly. I hate to say it, but the “fairest” result is to give the Bengals the W. At 7-3 it’s a “factual result” to the contest. Everything else causes bigger problems.
Reply/Quote
One thing that I’m not sure has been said.

The fans,team organisation need to rally around Tee.

This sort of experience can change a man he did nothing wrong at all every time they step foot on the field they risk their lives for our entertainment and granted a shitload of money.

He’s had a hard year with his dad passing already need to make sure he feels loved too and I’m sure Bills fans won’t bare any Ill feelings.
Reply/Quote
He absorbed all of Tee. Wow
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:10 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Probably an AED which is standard of care with CPR.

Keep hearing commotio cordis as the injury... blunt force causing sudden stoppage of the heart.

Keep hearing commotio cordis as the injury... blunt force causing sudden stoppage of the heart.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: About 6 times.

Yeah, noticed that too. But I think they really only had limited things hey could talk about. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:12 AM)Synric Wrote: Again that would mean they could lose ticket sales and advertisement the city loses money if the Bills play the Chiefs in the AFC Championship.

Do you honestly think they’ll sue over this?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:14 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Keep hearing commotio cordis as the injury... blunt force causing sudden stoppage of the heart.

Seems logical...apparently the twitterverse is in full force blaming all sorts of crazy stuff.
Reply/Quote
I just feel like I've been punched in the gut. Don't even know how to feel? Praying hard for him, please let him be ok.
Reply/Quote