Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals***
(01-07-2024, 05:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, from a draft pick point of view that went as bad as it could have.

I think we are picking 18th now. 13th was possible with a loss.

Im going glass half full. Maybe the guy we would have picked at 13 will be a bust and we dodged a bullet.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:58 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Jags got the ball back with only 2:30 left and went 4 and out further illustrating why going for the TD was 100% the right move.

and I actually think they scored. The Refs said "forward progress stopped," but after the initial lunge, they blew the whistle, but Lawrence never went down, but reached the ball over on the second lunge. 

Then it was 100% clear Houston was going to try and draw the Jags offside, with the ball on the 6 inch line, and still a Jags player encroached. Bad coaching. Tell your defense they are likely going to try and draw you offsides, because Houston loses nothing by delay of game. What, from 6 inches to 3 inches?  If the Jags don't go offsides, they still were in great position to get the ball back in good field position.
Reply/Quote
Bengals Beat Browns 31 to 14

Bengals have winning record and do win an AFC North division game.

Mostly, BENGALS BEAT BROWNS

and again, I look for Browns to lose on the road at Houston. That would be funny to me. The team Browns traded 3 years of #1 Draft Picks for Watson beats them, and one of those top picks is Ohio State Stroud who should be NFL Rookie of the Year easy. I think Houston and those Draft Picks beating Browns would be laugh out loud funny.

Today, BENGALS BEAT BROWNS.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 06:00 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The Jags will pick a player I want right in front of us (Newton, Mims, Fuaga, DeJean).

It’s Detroit with me. Every damn draft it seems like Detroit picks every damn player I want. Going back to Ragnow, and to this day with Gibbs and LaPorta. F you Lions. Pulling for ya though.
Reply/Quote
My wild prediction this year was the most unlikely SB ever with the Bengals Vs Lions. Guess I’ll be pulling for a Lions vs Browns or Texans SB.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:58 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Jags got the ball back with only 2:30 left and went 4 and out further illustrating why going for the TD was 100% the right move.

Except if you get the TD you still need a 2 point conversion just to tie. If you failed to get the TD, and then you went 4-and-out, why are you so confident that you could have gotten into the endzone twice just to tie if you're not confident that you can't get 1 TD later?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Everyone have a great offseason. Cya come draft time. Peace out.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, from a draft pick point of view  that went as bad as it could have.

I think we are picking 18th now. 13th was possible with a loss.

No, although its unsettled with games left to play, it's highly unlikely they would have gotten 13th pick. That 13th pick was based on everything going right as far as other teams concerned. That didn't happen today. But if the Steelers were kept out, we would have benefitted from the 17th pick and the Steelers being out. 

Bengals just had an extremely hard strength of schedule. As a result, any ties with other teams meant they were picking before the Bengals. Based on this, I think the Bengals are locked into the 18th pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 06:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s Detroit with me. Every damn draft it seems like Detroit picks every damn player I want. Going back to Ragnow, and to this day with Gibbs and LaPorta. F you Lions. Pulling for ya though.

But every draft save Burrow and Chase, Bengals fans have favorite players that fall to them and then the Bengals select someone else. So, even if Detroit or the Jags take someone you would have wanted, I suspect the odds are that the Bengals would have passed them by anyway. Every draft I watch posters salivating over some player only to see the Bengals select someone else.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 06:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: My wild prediction this year was the most unlikely SB ever with the Bengals Vs Lions. Guess I’ll be pulling for a Lions vs Browns or Texans SB.

Every year that's what I'm hoping for, but over the decades it seems like the two teams are never good at the same time.  

As for the second bit, I can't see Detroit getting past SF.  And I'll root for the Browns to go down in flames, preferably next week.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 06:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except if you get the TD you still need a 2 point conversion just to tie. If you failed to get the TD, and then you went 4-and-out, why are you so confident that you could have gotten into the endzone twice just to tie if you're not confident that you can't get 1 TD later?

Once again the time left at that point is a big factor in the decision. It's halfway through the 4th and let's say they kick the FG. There is no guarantee you'll have enough time to go most of the field for a winning TD or even getting the ball back at all. If they get the TD with or without the 2pt conversion, they have a much better chance to get into FG range to win assuming they got the ball back which they did but blew it.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mario Kart?

super Mario rides yoshi everywhere lol
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 06:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: and I actually think they scored. The Refs said "forward progress stopped," but after the initial lunge, they blew the whistle, but Lawrence never went down, but reached the ball over on the second lunge. 

Then it was 100% clear Houston was going to try and draw the Jags offside, with the ball on the 6 inch line, and still a Jags player encroached. Bad coaching. Tell your defense they are likely going to try and draw you offsides, because Houston loses nothing by delay of game. What, from 6 inches to 3 inches?  If the Jags don't go offsides, they still were in great position to get the ball back in good field position.

I think they were playing the Titans. I get them confused too lol
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:16 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: I remember Dalton getting a 0.0 QB rating in one game

I remember Andy taking a sack in the endzone in OT to end it with a safety instead of at least trying to throw the ball away and make the refs decide that. If Burrow did that I would also blow my lid lol
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 06:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s Detroit with me. Every damn draft it seems like Detroit picks every damn player I want. Going back to Ragnow, and to this day with Gibbs and LaPorta. F you Lions. Pulling for ya though.

You do understand lions picked 12 to our 28 in 1st and picked 3rd to to our 30th, I don't Gibbs or LaPorta drop 18 to 20 plus spots
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 08:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You do understand lions picked 12 to our 28 in 1st and picked 3rd to to our 30th, I don't Gibbs or LaPorta drop 18 to 20 plus spots

True but nobody thought they would take Gibbs at 12 or LaPorta as high as they did. Believe he was even picked over M Mayor.
Reply/Quote