Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals***
(01-07-2024, 05:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except you are down 8, so even if you get the TD, and then even if you get the 2 pt conversion, you are still only just tied.

FG and a TD regardless of PAT and you win.

Considering you're halfway through the 4th quarter there is no guarantee you can have enough time to go down the field for a TD. Right at the goal line you gotta go for the tie and then have a much better shot of getting into FG range for the win.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Have the radio on, what was said?

They played Country Roads going into the break.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here comes 3 run plays
Reply/Quote
I didn't really love anyone in our position in the draft. I wanted to trade up for Linderbaum, but out of who was going to be there at our pick, I will admit I did want Dax Hill (with Breece Hall as my backup pick if Dax wasn't there).

I sure hope he really turns it around next season and this year was just an inexperience issue, because he has been brutal this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The only thing that bothers me about that TD is seeing Hill have no idea where the ball is and running by the receiver.  He should be shining out there vs these guys.  
So much draft capital has been spent on DBs over the last two years but not much return on those investments yet, except for maybe CTB.

Battle seems to be a good one as well.

Dax has a been a failure though, DJ Turner we just have to hope he improves with time.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:53 PM)Whacked Wrote: Here comes 3 run plays

Yes but at this point they are just trying to get the season over with without anyone getting injured.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They played Country Roads going into the break.

They may not come to Cincinnati often, so maybe they think that's West Virginia on the other side of the river?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:49 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Browns would have kicked our asses if they played starters and needed the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. And even w Burrow playing
Reply/Quote
Bengals broke Jax.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Lawrence threw two ugly passes and voila, the Jags are out. Lawrence is very overrated.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:54 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Battle seems to be a good one as well.

Dax has a been a failure though, DJ Turner we just have to hope he improves with time.

Yes just talking about the first two rounds but you are right. Really worried about Hill and Turner. Hoping to see big improvements next season.
Reply/Quote
And just like that, the season is over Sad
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Volson got put on his ass in the backfield by some guy wearing 43.

- - - - -

Either way, Bengals win! Winning is good! Winning record is good! Not going 0-6 in the division is good! ...but I hope we don't regret the draft slot change.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Will check in during the playoffs but enjoy your offseason boys.

Cya for the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 05:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except you are down 8, so even if you get the TD, and then even if you get the 2 pt conversion, you are still only just tied.

FG and a TD regardless of PAT and you win.

Jags got the ball back with only 2:30 left and went 4 and out further illustrating why going for the TD was 100% the right move.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Haven’t been able to trust Jax all season. At least they’re consistent.
Reply/Quote
Well Bengals finish in last place and are the only team in the AFCN to miss the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Well, from a draft pick point of view that went as bad as it could have.

I think we are picking 18th now. 13th was possible with a loss.
Reply/Quote
Stoolers in the playoffs

Makes me sick

I hate this season
Reply/Quote
The Jags will pick a player I want right in front of us (Newton, Mims, Fuaga, DeJean).
Reply/Quote