Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
(01-08-2023, 06:35 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: For the first half, I was in the gym and had to rely on "NFL Gameday" highlights. For most of the second half, I was home. Ugh, no offense! It looked just like the end of the NE game.

You should have watched the 1st half and gone to the gym in the 2nd half. Lol
Reply/Quote
That was one of the worst feeling wins ever... Strange game.. Don't know what to expect next week.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:31 PM)Housh Wrote: Id actually take that bet about my posts

Iv been very fair in my posts today.

I don't remember all your posts, and the ones I do really weren't that bad but still some what over reactions. Obviously some people are absolute idiots with absurd takes/reaction and then disappear until next week when things are rough but I'm not comparing you to them. 

Were in trouble in the Wildcard guys Ravens Cappa, who I believe was the target. Cappa has been amazing this year.

I think Zac told himself before this game started that he was gonna try and win it 100% If he switches now, then hed be going against his male ego

This is gonna be a hot week for Zac. That Cappa injury did not have to happen
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:36 PM)Tony Wrote: That was one of the worst feeling wins ever... Strange game.. Don't know what to expect next week.

The NFL sucked all the air out of the room by basically handing us the division on Friday.  If we'd actually finished the Buffalo game and lost, then had this game turn out the same way, we're probably celebrating at this point.  Celebrating more, I should say.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:26 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Without that fumble recovery for a TD in the end zone, this was a hail Mary pass away from a loss

It doesn't quite work that way. Without that play, everything that happens afterward is done differently. In a closer game, maybe the Bengals have more of a sense of urgency. They don't just sleepwalk through the entire 2nd half. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:39 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The NFL sucked all the air out of the room by basically handing us the division on Friday.  If we'd actually finished the Buffalo game and lost, then had this game turn out the same way, we're probably celebrating at this point.  Celebrating more, I should say.

My sentiments exactly
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The elite defenses always fight for the ball until the runner is down. That’s outstanding technique coached by Lou Anarumo.

Lou is as good as gone, I hope this ball pulling intensity continues.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:22 PM)matmaven Wrote: Fair comment.  Still shaking my head about some of Taylor's decision making.

Totally agree with your comment about ZT decision-making. They're going to have to commit to run the ball at some point.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:32 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: If this  Game doesn’t put the bengals in the right frame of mind for next week, nothing will.

Honestly, it's better that they have that ugly game to look at rather than a blowout. More focus.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Burrow was really bad today, a number of passes our receivers didn't even try to catch, game plan and play calling was head scratching and we still won. Next week needs to be better but Ravens sure aren't going to turn into a high octane offense overnight. Plus, as bad as Brown was to start he had a number of passes that were much better than Huntley or Jackson have made all year. 2nd half Brown may > Jackson/Huntley. Burn everything and start fresh next week. I believe!!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It doesn't quite work that way. Without that play, everything that happens afterward is done differently. In a closer game, maybe the Bengals have more of a sense of urgency. They don't just sleepwalk through the entire 2nd half. 

This!
Its like this whole 3rd string nonsense. 
If Lame-mar would have been playing there would have been a lot more urgency in the room and a lot more energy. Just like Pissburgh use to do to us... Get a big lead and then hold on. 
Reply/Quote
Ravens defense is very good. I’m happy with the win. I don’t want to play the Ravens for a 3rd time lol
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m not stupid enough to forget this is the Bengals - rotten as the game was today, we just went 12-4 and won a division title. I’m a happy guy.

Positivity is not welcomed in game-day threads ser. Only overreactions/ doomsday is allowed .

We will hobble into next week, play uninspired and get whipped with a 24 point blowout .

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:45 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Positivity is not welcomed in game-day threads ser. Only overreactions/ doomsday is allowed .  

We will hobble into next week, play uninspired and get whipped with a 24 point blowout .

You are the one overreacting. Not 1 person has said what you just said they did...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:46 PM)Tony Wrote: You are the one overreacting. Not 1 person has said what you just said they did...

:) no sht . It’s a throwback joke to every one of y’all who called games over by the second quarter.

Reply/Quote
Apologies…. Slightly drunk . Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:44 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: Burrow was really bad today, a number of passes our receivers didn't even try to catch, game plan and play calling was head scratching and we still won.  Next week needs to be better but Ravens sure aren't going to turn into a high octane offense overnight.  Plus, as bad as Brown was to start he had a number of passes that were much better than Huntley or Jackson have made all year.  2nd half Brown may > Jackson/Huntley.  Burn everything and start fresh next week.  I believe!!

Yeah, a win over a playoff bound team, a 59.5% completion rate, a 80.9 QB Rating, 215 yards, 1 TD with no interceptions is the definition of being "really bad." Stay clueless my friend.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:45 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Ravens defense is very good. I’m happy with the win. I don’t want to play the Ravens for a 3rd time lol

Next to impossible to beat the same opponent 3 times in a season, so I guess it is a good thing we split the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:26 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Yeah, a win over a playoff bound team, a 59.5% completion rate, a 80.9 QB Rating, 215 yards, 1 TD with no interceptions is the definition of being "really bad." Stay clueless my friend.

Passer rating was designed as a season long stat, not for individual games, but for perspective 80.9 is where Trubisky and Wentz have landed for the year.  So really bad sounds appropriate.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:26 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Yeah, a win over a playoff bound team, a 59.5% completion rate, a 80.9 QB Rating, 215 yards, 1 TD with no interceptions is the definition of being "really bad." Stay clueless my friend.

If you think Burrow was good today you're either drunk, stupid or didn't watch.  You pick
Reply/Quote