Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bears***
(09-19-2021, 05:05 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: We’re 1-1, not 0-10. Stop acting like the season is over an get ready for Pittsburgh.

As fans, how do we get ready for PBurgh. Or do we have some NFL players in this thread
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:03 PM)JumboTron Wrote: If you guys are frustrated that the D couldn't get Fields on the ground, just wait until we play Mayfield and Jackson.  Twice.

Fields is much harder to tackle than Mayfield.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fourth or fifth year in a row where watching the Steelers lose is my only Sunday joy. Thank God I’m a bitter jealous person or I’d get no joy on Sunday.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Chicago passed for 83 yards and we lost xD

This just says a lot about the offense. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But did he really?

First pick he didn't see the backer, second he misread the coverage as man, and the third he got hit during the release and had it tipped.  He continued to stand tall in the pocket, not happy feet and bailing immediately.  I think that is the opposite of spooked.

Wouldn't you misread sht with that oline?

Reply/Quote
Good news: We're still in 1st place
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: As fans, how do we get ready for PBurgh. Or do we have some NFL players in this thread

I really don’t get some of the fans in here lol
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Fields is much harder to tackle than Mayfield.

We have to prepare for Faker mayfield, got sacked, left arm limp/dead, goes out of game, comes back and goes 10/10 and left arm fine. Mr. Miyagi back in lockerroom
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: As fans, how do we get ready for PBurgh. Or do we have some NFL players in this thread

As fans we drink to numb the pain
Reply/Quote
My takes, OLine is still garbage, the whole offense is flat, no drive nothing. D played good but they should it’s Andy and a rookie. Could have changed the game by falling on the fumble instead of trying to scoop it up. Still couldn’t make the tackle on fields to put us in position to win the game as crazy as that sounds.

The play calling was horrible. If Joe’s not ready why is he on the field. Still think Mixon could do more, no explosive runs, vision is questionable. Hopefully this will be Burrows worst game.
Reply/Quote

You can’t get ready to watch the game next week?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:05 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: We’re 1-1, not 0-10. Stop acting like the season is over an get ready for Pittsburgh.

Exactly!!! At the very worst, even if Baltimore beats KC tonight (doubtful) the Division is all tied up at 1-1. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:00 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I don’t know why people insist the Bears are a bad team. The Bengals aren’t a great team, but the Bears aren’t trash. You just can’t win games with that many turnovers and not getting the offense off the ground.

They started the season with a not great looking defense that got beat up by the rams, and they were happy to have AD as QB. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good news: We're still in 1st place

That’s what Zac is telling Mike, who may or may not be aware the season has started
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good news: We're still in 1st place

Strange to talk and hear of the mighty AFC North all offseason and see the Raiders of all teams open 2-0 vs Pit and Baltimore.  Can we slay the mighty Derek Carr?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:07 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Wouldn't you misread sht with that oline?

Probably.  Have to make a quick decision behind those guys.  But misreading the coverage and being spooked are not the same.
Reply/Quote
The city of Cincinnati and surrounding areas deserves more than Zac Taylor as coach for the Bengals. The play calling was pathetic. Fans deserve more. I think Taylor is too much of a player's coach. Players need to be held accountable. He needs to hold himself accountable.
Reply/Quote
How is anyone blaming the D at all. Didnt give up a td after 3 straight burrow ints. Wilson missed the scoop unfortunately, but that was still a net positive play, and he got an int. D kept us in the game and they had a lot to overcome.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But did he really?

First pick he didn't see the backer, second he misread the coverage as man, and the third he got hit during the release and had it tipped.  He continued to stand tall in the pocket, not happy feet and bailing immediately.  I think that is the opposite of spooked.

Honestly that first one I don't really blame Joe. That LB made a hell of a play. 99 times out of 100 he doesn't even touch that ball let alone make the catch after bobbling the ball.
Reply/Quote
JuJu hurt on the final and meaningless play of the game. Tomlin just walks away.

Reply/Quote