Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bears***
(09-19-2021, 05:15 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The Pittsburgh Thugs lost and will be out for blood next week, especially after watching Bengals tape.

I think Joe B goes down next week!

(Again, hope I'm wrong. Expect the worse hope for the best.)

Of course he will. Wash rinse repeat.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: We lost a game we should have won. We will be in 3rd place likely going into next week (remember both the Stealers and Rats while also 1-1 got their win in conference while we did not).

The issue with the backs and TEs not blocking their assignments is a must fix and must fix immediately even if it means benching Mixon.

Also the game plan today was baffling to say the least. A blitzing offense and they went 5 wide constantly (and got burned a lot doing it). Also after saying there were going to operate more under center they went shotgun a LOT. And also they waited WAY too long to do the obvious - mass protect and throw deep. When they did it it worked.

And yes Burrow looked terrible today. The game was decided on his idiotic pick six, he missed a wide open Higgins on an easier play (plus Higgins dropped a TD). In fact all three INTs were mental errors on Burrow. This is not what we were supposed to get with a 1OA pick - by now even with the injury last season he should be essentially mistake free.

That’s a tiebreaker. I don’t think it counts now. Also the Rats (I assume you mean the Ravens) are 0-1 and more than likely 0-2.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This division belongs to the clowns until we fire Zac
Reply/Quote
Unlock jungle noise, mods
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That’s a tiebreaker. I don’t think it counts now. Also the Rats (I assume you mean the Ravens) are 0-1 and more than likely 0-2.

That's why I said 3rd place - even if they beat the Chiefs we win that tiebreaker.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:16 PM)samhain Wrote: Steelers suffered some potentially impactful injuries in that game.  Watt, Johnson, Juju.......  I think Ben might be done for real this time.  I don't think he's agin to get better as the season wears on.  Their o-line s as bad as ours.

We have got to blitz the shit out of him.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Probably.  Have to make a quick decision behind those guys.  But misreading the coverage and being spooked are not the same.

Sounds the same to me. I'm guessing you haven't played the game?

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Of course he will. Wash rinse repeat.

I mean out on a stretcher for at LEAST the rest of the season!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:12 PM)Tony Wrote: Awwww... Look at your with all that spank. You are probably badass in real life..

I wouldn't say I'm a badass but I don't have a problem calling people out on the internet or in real life who spout off nonsense regularly just to hear themselves talk. I mean do you think you're cool or a badass for how you act? I don't get your question. If someone would be upset that you didn't post next game day thread I'd be interested to see them speak up. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I mean out on a stretcher for at LEAST the rest of the season!

Don’t say that. I sure hope your wrong but damn I don’t think it’s possible to hate something more than my hatred towards the steelers.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:20 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Sounds the same to me. I'm guessing you haven't played the game?

Except he WASN'T having to make quick decisions - which by the way was supposed to be his strong suit. The 4 sacks number is deceptive; most of the time he had a pocket and time. He just was not using progressions and was making bad decisions. He had a sack where he had six seconds back there just standing and looking. He also was not moving at all in the pocket. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: Except he WASN'T having to make quick decisions - which by the way was supposed to be his strong suit. The 4 sacks number is deceptive; most of the time he had a pocket and time. He just was not using progressions and was making bad decisions. He had a sack where he had six seconds back there just standing and looking. He also was not moving at all in the pocket. 

Well that 5th overall pick should be able to get open with all that time, don’t you agree?

I thought they had chemistry
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: Except he WASN'T having to make quick decisions - which by the way was supposed to be his strong suit. The 4 sacks number is deceptive; most of the time he had a pocket and time. He just was not using progressions and was making bad decisions. He had a sack where he had six seconds back there just standing and looking. He also was not moving at all in the pocket. 

Clearly, he isn't mentally over the injury

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: We lost a game we should have won. We will be in 3rd place likely going into next week (remember both the Stealers and Rats while also 1-1 got their win in conference while we did not).

The issue with the backs and TEs not blocking their assignments is a must fix and must fix immediately even if it means benching Mixon.

Also the game plan today was baffling to say the least. A blitzing offense and they went 5 wide constantly (and got burned a lot doing it). Also after saying there were going to operate more under center they went shotgun a LOT. And also they waited WAY too long to do the obvious - mass protect and throw deep. When they did it it worked.

And yes Burrow looked terrible today. The game was decided on his idiotic pick six, he missed a wide open Higgins on an easier play (plus Higgins dropped a TD). In fact all three INTs were mental errors on Burrow. This is not what we were supposed to get with a 1OA pick - by now even with the injury last season he should be essentially mistake free.

It seems like the game plan is predicated on fear of getting the quarterback hurt.  That's goes against both the outclassed staff and the front office for not bringing in the personnel needed up front after they showed the need for it in 2020.  

Burrow owns 2 of those INTs and no doubt the pick six.  I'm still not panicking.  He's a somewhat unfinished product that's learning the league alongside a coach that's also a work in (backward) progress.  He's not Mahomes with Andy Reid in his ear deciding what's best for his development. Even great quarterbacks have bad games, esescially when they are young.  

I feel like desperation late in the game forced Taylor to unleash him in ways he avoided early.  It looks like the Bratkowski run-run-pass offense until shit goes sideways.  It's not great if he's so fragile to them that they won't run an optimal gameplan until they have no choice.  

The 2 quick scores late show that he can shake off the major lapses and still deliver when he has to.  I'm still all in on Burrow until this becomes a regular thing.  Taylor not so much.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: That's why I said 3rd place - even if they beat the Chiefs we win that tiebreaker.

My heads a little scrambled.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Well that 5th overall pick should be able to get open with all that time, don’t you agree?

I thought they had chemistry

He WAS open. WIDE open on more than one play. On the stupid pick six Burrow had CJ behind the D with no one within 10 yards but made the dumb choice instead. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, maybe the football gods will give us a few breaks next week and we can somehow get out of Pitt with a W.  Then we're in good shape for a 3-1 September.  Hope springs eternal.  

The football gods hate us. We’ll either have Burrow get sacked 8 times and get hurt, or we’ll score to take a late lead only to have Roethlisberger march them down the field for a game winning score as time expires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Zac just said the defense needs to find more ways to create turnovers. Wow. Way to not blame yourself and blame ANYONE else Zac. Way to go. You're pathetic and you literally just lost every ounce of respect I had left for you. Good luck getting that back lol
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:27 PM)Takedown Wrote: Zac just said the defense needs to find more ways to create turnovers. Wow. Way to not blame yourself and blame ANYONE else Zac. Way to go. You're pathetic and you literally just lost every ounce of respect I had for you. Good luck getting that back lol

Yeah, thats just silly

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:11 PM)Destro Wrote: After the game the Steelers just had,  I'd say get the cart ready.

Why would you even go there????
Reply/Quote