Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers***
(09-18-2016, 06:01 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The Steelers were given the game and even the announcers knew it.  Bengals had them; even with their crappy play.  Take the biased and wrong calls out of the game and Bengals win.  It was so bad that I bet even Steelers fans would admit they probably would have lost.  It was so in your face bias for the Steelers it was pathetic.

I really don't mind loosing a hard fought, close game.  I HATE watching ANY NFL game where the refs are just calling a horrible/biased game.  It takes all the fun out of football. 

100% truth!
Reply/Quote
Hardcore Steeler fan here. I just wanted to say the officiating was terrible today. They missed one on Pac-Man against AB. They missed a facemask on Peko. They missed a helmet to helmet on Jones vs Bey. They missed a holding call on Foster in the backfield. Multiple bad calls today.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 4U3U1nE.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As good as our offense is I'm still a little skeptical of our defense against teams that have better quarterbacks. This just wasn't a great day for either star wideout. Sammy Coates really stepped up today though. Of course we all miss Heath but Jesse James made some nice grabs. We really miss Heath in those possession situations. You guys obviously miss Eifert too.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:09 PM)26 and Counting! Wrote: Hardcore Steeler fan here. I just wanted to say the officiating was terrible today. They missed one on Pac-Man against AB. They missed a facemask on Peko. They missed a helmet to helmet on Jones vs Bey. They missed a holding call on Foster in the backfield. Multiple bad calls today.

And leading with the crown of the helmet into Ben. Don't forget that one.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:15 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And leading with the crown of the helmet into Ben. Don't forget that one.  

Into his chest.  No way that should have been a penalty, and it wasn't.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:15 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And leading with the crown of the helmet into Ben. Don't forget that one.  

And the 15 or so holding calls the Pittsburgh O-line got away with. Don't forget those 15 or so.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Yeah but since Ben isn't named Brady or Manning they will never call that on him. Dalton looked shaken up today but I'm not sure what caused it. We didn't hardly generate a bit of pressure today.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: And the 15 or so holding calls the Pittsburgh O-line got away with. Don't forget those 15 or so.

I felt like you guys were in our backfield all day long. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:17 PM)26 and Counting! Wrote: ...We didn't hardly generate a bit of pressure today.

Actually, the Bengals did - but an incalculable number of NON-HOLDING calls kinda negated it.
Reply/Quote
They were but the refs did their part as usual....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:19 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Actually, the Bengals did - but an incalculable number of NON-HOLDING calls kinda negated it.

It's completely fixed.  There's no way they are going to let us win against any of the "favored" teams anymore.  NFL has jumped the shark.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:55 PM)6andcounting Wrote: *In a heroic effort to rescue bengalguy71 from flying objects, 6andcounting comes by to invite Bengal fans on to the Steelers bandwagon*

(09-18-2016, 05:59 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'd rather cut my sack off.

Yeah!

I'd rather cut his sack off!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 05:23 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: That sucks. It sucks that the NFL will admit it was wrong later in the week.

It's week two. We come out of the game healthy. Need to get better in red zone, and run game. Our team will be fine.

Not only that, there will be a rule next year that says that he is clearly down with his knee being on the ground. 

Just like that Martavis Bryant catch is no longer a catch anymore, or the Joey Porter rule about an assistant coach being on the field is illegal, or, the hit to Gio Bernard by that steelers player is now an illegal hit. Oh yea, the Kevin Huber cut back block on a punter is illegal too.

They grant the steelers the favor then say the following year, it's illegal.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:19 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Actually, the Bengals did - but an incalculable number of NON-HOLDING calls kinda negated it.

Ben had a terrible game today. AB did too. Honestly we shouldn't even have been in that game with our top two guys laying eggs like they did today. AJ and Dalton weren't able to step up and get it done though. Our young guys stepped up today. Grimble, James, and Coates all had good games. You guys really seem to be missing Eifert. 
Reply/Quote
Don't forget that Jordan Berry had an EXCELLENT game today. I mean he is a flat out beast. We've been lacking a great punter to reverse field position for years and it appears we have found him.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:22 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah!

I'd rather cut his sack off!

Bengalzona's true identity

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: And the 15 or so holding calls the Pittsburgh O-line got away with. Don't forget those 15 or so.

Crying about holding calls is the hallmark of losers. A lot of times it's a judgement call and literally every single team has fans that complain about getting screwed by it, even the Steelers. 

If that's what I wanted to see, I could find a Steeler getting held very play too. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:40 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Crying about holding calls is the hallmark of losers. A lot of times it's a judgement call and literally every single team has fans that complain about getting screwed by it, even the Steelers. 

If that's what I wanted to see, I could find a Steeler getting held very play too. 

I guess when it has been 26 years since you won a playoff game and you've never won a single Super Bowl you have to find SOMEthing to help you cope! LOL!!! 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 06:40 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: ...I could find a Steeler getting held very play too. 

None as OBVIOUS as the Bengals being held... sorry.
Reply/Quote