Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread...Broncos @ Bengals***
How long before we have to admit that our damn near 10 year window of us having great players was wasted by us having shitty coaches? We've fielded solid teams ever since 2005 but have always found a way to not win in the playoffs. I think its time everyone start bringing it up. Now we could very well win 5-6 straight and all this will disappear, but this team doesn't look as mentally tough as last years.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:17 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Does anyone really still think Marv is a better coach then Zim? Mellow

Id rather have Jay, Zim, or Hue over Marv as head coach. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 04:34 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Maybe with the next 3 first round corners taken in the next 3 years, one of them might be a stud.

Yeah, I would almost take a hurt Jackson over denard he looks terrible 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:25 PM)Fresno B Wrote: No. We lost because Dalton wasn't able to take his game to the next level. We actually matched up well position to position besides QB play. Dalton didn't lose the game. But we needed good QB play to win. It didn't happen. 

You realize that Siemien tossed 4 TDs and looked like Joe Montana today...right? It's unrealistic to expect any QB to match (beat) that against Denver's D, sorry.  
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:27 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Id rather have Jay, Zim, or Hue over Marv as head coach. 

I'd rather have a potato. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Our corners looked like mid 90s corners giving up huge plays
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You realize that Siemien tossed 4 TDs and looked like Joe Montana today...right? It's unrealistic to expect any QB to match (beat) that against Denver's D, sorry.  

I believe you. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Drafting corners ever other year and what's our biggest weakness? Corner, ffs.

God help us if Pacman wasn't around
Reply/Quote
Sure let's crucify Dalton over one bad play when his back-to-back 300 yard games the first two weeks helped keep the team from being 0-3.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:20 PM)James Brooks Wrote: I'll continue to say it, we will be a good team around mid season. 

What gives you hope the defense will turn around? Burfict will help, but not sure he can offset the bad. We are not generating enough pressure with our front 4, and our secondary is diminished by an aging Pac and the loss of Nelson.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Arizona, Carolina, and Washington are all playoff teams from last year in our position.
Reply/Quote
The defense can hold Roethlisberger in check, but not Semien??

Tell the secondary that they play the Steelers every Sunday. Maybe that will help. No excuses for today. They let the Broncos convert a ton of 3rd and long's both by stupid penalty and flat out getting beat. Embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:30 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I believe you. Sarcasm

Hey, what I'm saying makes sense and is based in reality. Glad you could come to your senses. When is the last time any QB had a big day against Denver? I'll wait.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Sure let's crucify Dalton over one bad play when his back-to-back 300 yard games the first two weeks helped keep the team from being 0-3.

Why not? I've seen the o line and defense blamed already.
Reply/Quote
At least we ain't the Browns...

Reply/Quote
glad miami won. that actually gives me more hope for thursday's game.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:32 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Arizona, Carolina, and Washington are all playoff teams from last year in our position.

Here's the big difference. They all have better coaches than we do. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Those teams have winnable divisions. We are 2 behind in this division, and in the AFCN that pretty much will hold as it has in prior seasons. Even this early in the season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:26 PM)Housh Wrote: How long before we have to admit that our damn near 10 year window of us having great players was wasted by us having shitty coaches? We've fielded solid teams ever since 2005 but have always found a way to not win in the playoffs. I think its time everyone start bringing it up. Now we could very well win 5-6 straight and all this will disappear, but this team doesn't look as mentally tough as last years.

Oh lordy. The talent level has dropped. It's really that simple.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:24 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: It's all good boys.  Calm down . Drink another beer, we're ok

We good..
[Image: Titanic_sinking_stu_w1.jpg]
Reply/Quote