Uzomah - was already a lock, but huge rebound week
Core - Will make tough call as he has been solid albeit not great
Hart - continues to improve pass blocking and no penalties..Yeah

Down - Our run offense stinks
McCrae was beat at will
Davis missed a key tackle

What was your take?

Man, I need to proof read titles
Could mod update title and spell and correctly?? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Much better game tonight

UP - all 3 QB's played very well
Willis - won a job
Malone had nice TD grab and nice kick off return negated by penalty
Uzomah - was already a lock, but huge rebound week
Core - Will make tough call as he has been solid albeit not great
Hart - continues to improve pass blocking and no penalties..Yeah

Down - Our run offense stinks
McCrae was beat at will
Davis missed a key tackle

What was your take?

I'd say the run blocking is a huge concern at this point. Yeah Mixon hasn't been out there, but we can't even run for 3 ypc.
Reply/Quote
Best I've felt about our QB room in a long time.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Best I've felt about our QB room in a long time.

It feels like they're good backups...but hard to say what happens during the regular season. Teams are playing vanilla for now. They'll do more things to try to trick them during the season.
Reply/Quote
UP:
Rodney Anderson - Not his fault the offensive line can't block. Dude clearly has moves and can play a nice role in the passing game.
Jake Dolegala - Could say all 3 QBs, but we've seen Dalton play well before and Finley's already proven himself this preseason.
Carl Lawson - What injury?
All WRs who played - give them credit, they're all making themselves hard to cut.
I thought Billy Price seemed to be doing well, but I'll leave the verdict on that to those who are more knowledgeable.
#81 (Bryant?) - may have earned himself a spot on the practice squad?

DOWN:
Jeff Driskel - He didn't play, but I think his stock continues to fall. Can't see him making the team at this point.
Special Teams - Not really a shock that a team with no depth on defense would struggle here, but they keep making killer mistakes.
Tight ends not named CJ Uzomah - It's an uphill battle to make the team and they don't seem to helping themselves out there.
Reply/Quote
I feel like we're going to waive 1 or 2 guys on the d-line that will be decent rotation players on another team. By far, the deepest position group on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:02 AM)NKURyan Wrote: UP:
Rodney Anderson - Not his fault the offensive line can't block. Dude clearly has moves and can play a nice role in the passing game.
Jake Dolegala - Could say all 3 QBs, but we've seen Dalton play well before and Finley's already proven himself this preseason.
Carl Lawson - What injury?
All WRs who played - give them credit, they're all making themselves hard to cut.
I thought Billy Price seemed to be doing well, but I'll leave the verdict on that to those who are more knowledgeable.
#81 (Bryant?) - may have earned himself a spot on the practice squad?

DOWN:
Jeff Driskel - He didn't play, but I think his stock continues to fall. Can't see him making the team at this point.
Special Teams - Not really a shock that a team with no depth on defense would struggle here, but they keep making killer mistakes.
Tight ends not named CJ Uzomah - It's an uphill battle to make the team and they don't seem to helping themselves out there.

It feels like we're barely trying to run the ball too.

You'd have to think that during the regular season, the offense will shift to giving Mixon 20-25 touches and Bernard another 10-12.

But, man the blocking looks bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say the run blocking is a huge concern at this point. Yeah Mixon hasn't been out there, but we can't even run for 3 ypc.

I agree, but I swear I remember going through this same thing last pre-season. I'm almost positive I remember it being a talking point on sports radio last year and it ended up working fine.

FWIW, they seem to be calling the running game very vanilla. Everything looks (to my untrained eye, at least) like a straight ahead run between the tackle and guard. No counters, no sweeps, nothing to the outside... couple this with them continuing to keep Mixon out of games and I wonder if maybe they aren't keeping their cards hidden?
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like we're going to waive 1 or 2 guys on the d-line that will be decent rotation players on another team. By far, the deepest position group on the roster.

Agreed, and I'd say the same thing about our WRs as well. Whoever is cut will find work somewhere, IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:04 AM)NKURyan Wrote: I agree, but I swear I remember going through this same thing last pre-season. I'm almost positive I remember it being a talking point on sports radio last year and it ended up working fine.

FWIW, they seem to be calling the running game very vanilla. Everything looks (to my untrained eye, at least) like a straight ahead run between the tackle and guard. No counters, no sweeps, nothing to the outside... couple this with them continuing to keep Mixon out of games and I wonder if maybe they aren't keeping their cards hidden?

I mentioned this in the gameday thread; it looks like they are just airing it out constantly, to see what they have with QBs.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Up:

Willis - way up, I can't imagine him not making team
Malone - made a case for himself today
Anderson - couple nice catches and real nice YAC
Brown - had decent game, again
Dolegala - raised some eyebrows

Down:

Dugas - had a couple real bad plays and was getting beat bad on another

Rushing yards
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It feels like they're good backups...but hard to say what happens during the regular season. Teams are playing vanilla for now. They'll do more things to try to trick them during the season.

I counted 5 times they rushed 6 or more rushers. That is not vanilla in my humble opinion. I was shocked as they sent 7 at least 2 times.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Did anyone catch the Lawson interview?

He was stoked about upcoming defensive game plans.

He said we were too vanilla last few years and they are not showing it yet, but he loves the plan.

Dude was a beast tonight.

I also agree with others, Anderson played very well out of the backfield catching and runs after catch.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I mentioned this in the gameday thread; it looks like they are just airing it out constantly, to see what they have with QBs.

All 3 can throw the football and all 3 seem to be able to find option 2 and 3.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Man, I need to proof read titles

I chuckled a bit to myself (good naturedly) when i read that. I'm weird like that..

But anyway, you should be able to correct it yourself since you authored the thread. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He said we were too vanilla last few years 

REVERSE RACISM!!!

Mad
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: REVERSE RACISM!!!

Mad

I will let you bring it up to Carl.   Nervous

Reply/Quote
Up:

All 3 QB’s. On a coaching staff full of question marks, Van Pelt is doing well with his guys. Contrary to what some here believe I don’t “hate” Dalton, and I’ll will always give credit when it’s due. He made some great throws tonight. The TD to Uzo was a beauty.

And speaking of Uzo it was a nice bounce back game for him.

DL. Lawson, Glasgow, Tupou, etc, a lot to like from that unit in this one.

Rodney Anderson. Could have something there. Particularly catching the ball out of the backfield.

Bullock. Hit that 50 with ease.

Down:

The run blocking. Oof...not one RB with double digit yds.

Tony Mcrae. We all saw how he looked...

Jeff Driskel has no place on this team at this point.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 12:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jeff Driskel has no place on this team at this point.

I suspect he'll play a ton in the Colts game for two reasons. One, it keeps everyone valuable off the field, and two, it gives him a chance to maybe prove himself to other teams. But yeah, I think he's gone.
Reply/Quote
How is it we gut the coaching staff and the group that's struggling (as much as Oline and D) is ST? Is Simmons pissed he was passed over for the HC job after being here for what 16 years. I know he's not the one out there missing blocks, tackles and muffing returns but man it's frustrating.

Anyway
Up- QB's not named Driskel
WR's

Down- Run Game
ST's was better but still gave up a TD
Did Pratt even play?
Reply/Quote