Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread - Packers @ Bengals***
(10-10-2021, 05:33 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya, this team isn't good yet.. 6 wins

I think we get more than 6 but it’s going to be tough overcoming these coaches. Plus Burrow is basically still a rookie this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 05:34 PM)pally Wrote: and if Crosby hit an extra point the Packers win in regulation.  The Packers mistakes kept the Bengals in the game

Or....the Bengals mistakes kept the Packers in the game. 
Reply/Quote
It's just an average team with horrible coaching. Let's call it what it is...
Reply/Quote
Just another wasted draft pick. McPherson is no better than any other kicker we've had since forever.
We've never had a good kicker in franchise history.

54 years and Shane Graham was our only pro bowl kicker.

That just flat out sucks.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 05:33 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: You could say the same thing about our kicker...

Crosby could have made a few before Evan showed up. Plus, he eventually hit a game winner.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 05:29 PM)TheFan Wrote: Our defense was ranked as a top defence coming into this game. Their defense was one of the worse coming into this game. 

Their defense was allowing less yards per game than the Bengals this season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 05:36 PM)Fa n_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s throw Callahan and Pollack in there.  The offense was horrible.

Let's not throw in Pollack. Struggle were game plan and design. Look st the beat up packers Oline that moved the ball alot better than a healthy Bengals line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The Bengals will not become consistent winners until they learn to score early and often and increase their lead throughout the game.
Reply/Quote
Tired of seeing offensive sets with Uzomah, sample, and Irwin. That will take the top off the defense lol.
Reply/Quote
This team is better than last year, but that s a pretty low bar.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 05:37 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I think we get more than 6 but it’s going to be tough overcoming these coaches. Plus Burrow is basically still a rookie this year.

Hopefully this is the growing pain year with losses like this and maybe next year they can compete..
Reply/Quote
Enough with all of this negativity.

Whatcha all think about Drew Sample?

[Image: Superexcited.gif?width=250&height=250&cr...=1:1,smart]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 05:30 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Where is all of that talent in the defensive backfield???  Their DB's are the most vulnerable part of this team

Holding Rodgers to 22 points in regulation is good defense. 
Reply/Quote
Well it certainly was entertaining. Bummer way to lose but at least it had me engaged the entire time.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 05:38 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals will not become consistent winners until they learn to score early and often and increase their lead throughout the game.

Offense stalls way too much.. Burrow has had 2 horrible games now.. Maybe we pump the breaks on Burrow for a bit..
Reply/Quote
Offensive game plan has been an issue for 5 weeks. That's on Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 05:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Enough with all of this negativity.

I think Crosby outplayed him overall prior to the game winner.
Reply/Quote
I think they should have run the ball more. They had good success doing so. The packers were playing the pass all game. They were pressuring Burrow most of the game. Run the ball more and I think we may have another scoring drive there during our slump.

We came up with big plays when we had to. That was good to see. The pick by Burrow to start OT was a game losing play though. That should have decided the game.

Offensive line looked shaky. Should have run the ball more.

Nice adjustments on defense late. But overall the Packers looked like the better team much of the game and deserved to win. Great play calling by them. We can’t put together 3 drives a game and expect that to be enough.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 05:35 PM)motoarch Wrote: A lot of you need to get a grip.

Bengals played well against one of the best teams in the league and lost deep in ot.

Grow up and stop acting like a bunch of babies.

Our kicker donked a 57 and 51 yarder.  Those aren't gummies by any stretch.

Our D held Aaron Rogers to only 22 points before OT.

The Burrow - Boyd mistake probably cost game.  I don't know how's at fault and don't care.  They're going to continue to get better.

This team showed it can bring it against ANYONE in the league today.  If you're packing it in because of this loss then good riddance.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the season cause this teams got it.

Listen moto, some of us in here have been getting a grip for 30 years!

When this franchise PROVES me wrong and ACCOMPLISHES it, and stops living on if onlys, and stops shooting themselves in the foot, THEN I'll eat crow and shut up!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 05:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Enough with all of this negativity.

He's a ... well he's a TE I guess... He's just one of those guys that's just out there, but really no purpose...
Reply/Quote