Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets***
(10-31-2021, 05:38 PM)Destro Wrote: TJ Yates 2.0

My whole body is shaking at the mere mention of his name. Please, no.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:37 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Add Mike "tom brady' White to the list of no names that have carved up the Bengals over the yrs. Its amazing.

Had a horrible feeling about this game once I knew we were going against the great White. I don’t know wtf the deal is with this team, for the past 20 years we make backups look like hall of fame QB’s. It’s so frustrating. The wail be his nic name from here on The Great White, well until next looks like a backup against any team next week not named The Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We had great game plans against the Ravens, but it was all terrible today.

And yes, the line is still an issue.

Line still needs work and Carman got hurt today. No reason for the FO not to make a deal this week before the deadline to add some talent there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Going of the things people posted, yes, I do.

You probably count me in that group, but I guarantee I did not want them to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
At what point do you blitz a QB who is destroying you when you are getting virtually no pressure with the front 4? I guess guys not until it is too late. Defensive play calling and execution was putrid at best. It looked like the Bengals figured just showing up and going through the motions were enough today. Tackling was pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What does Mike Brown sound like? Popcorn

30 years of sucking
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:38 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Time to see if this team is really any different than the ones from the past.

It's the same team that shellacked Baltimore, but they took their lumps today. They can either come back strong or fold.

Remember several years ago when the Bungles started off 8/9-0....and how that season ended???? I know where I'm placing my bets.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Emotions are high. Take a walk or breathe a little. We’re going to be ok. Any Given Sunday. It happens to the best or it wouldn’t even be a saying.

I'm going to watch the Blue Jackets for a bit, have a bite to eat, help the wife set up for Halloween and hand candy out to the kids.  Oh, and not watch football the rest of today.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The offense put up over 30 points, the defense forgot to get off the bus. It's that simple. If you look at the amount of time the D has been on the field this year, they need the bye week coming up after the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:32 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Wouldn't shock me if we finish 5 -12 at this point. Jets are a awful team maybe worst in NFL literally their are 3 guys max that could start on a top 10 roster. They were down starting QB WR T. Garbage defense that couldn't simply scheme for 2 decent DT's pathetic

Remember when the Jets beat the Titans in oT and the Titans proceeded to lose the rest of their games especially against the Bills and Chiefs? Oh, wait, that didn't happen.

Calm down. Yes, we should absolutely have beaten the Jets. Yes, we absolutely played horribly. But, to say that THIS game has more meaning than any one of or all of the other games combined, is just stupid. 

Me? I'm going to temper my optimism that was emboldened by last week's win until we see how we do against the Browns next week. ANd then go from there.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I see the usual cast is jumping ship...lol
Reply/Quote
If I were Zack Wilson I'd demand a trade before the deadline..He'll sit behind White unless White crumbles along the way.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:32 PM)Destro Wrote: Wasn't about optimism. It was about responding to I was unhappy how the team was doing, be it down by 3 or up by 14, they looked horrible and it mattered. Would it have mattered in this game, I didn't think so, but it obviously did. I'm not one of the doom and gloom guys. You will give up yards and points, but it was very bad and we should have not even been that close.

I hear ya.  In all fairness, I said we'd end up winning a game we shoulda/coulda lost and come out stinking like a rose.  
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:22 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Zac needs to go, don't let the record fool you.

what you mean 11-27-1 ? i just lost my appetite  after this game. what a joke. 
Reply/Quote
Next 4 games will be tough so we will see what these guys have.
I’m not optimistic to say the least. We are all hoping history doesn’t repeat itself.
Reply/Quote
A young team and staff first time facing being in 1st and it seemed we struggled but had it under control up 11 late but it's the NFL, there are not scrubs playing , every week or two these games seem to happen in NFL..the difference is rebounding, win at home go 3 -0 in Division 6-3 at break and we have still put yourself in position to compete.. it is a 17 game season NOT a game season
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well we dared to hope.....and now we know. They are poseurs and pretenders and NOT legit. No self respecting defense gives up that much offense to a backup with no deep ball. And Burrow with his usual INT right when it hurts the most - not a legit NFL winning QB.

Burrow is a legit QB who will end up being the best QB in Bengal history statistically if Cincy can keep him.  The interception.......that play is designed for an immediate turn and throw.  The o lineman got pushed back so fast it allowed the defender to get his hand on the throw.  Burrow threw it but ultimately in was the  o lineman that caused that play to get blown up
Reply/Quote
Defense didn’t change anything all day. Jets threw 5 to 7 yard passes all day and receivers were wide open.
Reply/Quote
While the Bengals didn't deserve to win, they deserved at least a shot at an attempt, if it wasn't for the terrible call at the end
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Remember when the Jets beat the Titans in oT and the Titans proceeded to lose the rest of their games especially against the Bills and Chiefs? Oh, wait, that didn't happen.

Calm down. Yes, we should absolutely have beaten the Jets. Yes, we absolutely played horribly. But, to say that THIS game has more meaning than any one of or all of the other games combined, is just stupid. 

Me? I'm going to temper my optimism that was emboldened by last week's win until we see how we do against the Browns next week. ANd then go from there.

Any team can win "any given Sunday".. That saying has been around for a very long time for a reason and it's never gonna go away.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote