Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets***
(10-31-2021, 05:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Joe Flacco on the sidelines looking totally bummed.

He thought he was going to be a starter again. LOL

Ya think the Jet's want that 6th round pick back about now?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, I'm a man of my word. I won't be here next week (still watching the game, obviously), though someone may need to remind me.

It just saddens me that so many supposed Bengals fans are happy that we lost. They were so hoping that they were right early in the game and that we would end up losing instead of hoping they were wrong and the Bengals would come back and win. I'm not talking about all the ones who took my bet, either. I know a couple of those guys wanted to be wrong. But, you know who you are.

So enjoy a week with less optimism as I watch the game without chatting.
No one wanted them to lose.. Do you honestly think anyone here wanted that?
Reply/Quote
Jets fans acknowledging it was a terrible call and also saying I’ll take it. Which is exactly what we would be saying. There’s no guarantee we score even if we get the ball back. They were outplayed and Lou never adjusted to their game plan.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:26 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I don't understand why helmet to helmet hits aren't called on every single ***** play. Almost every time someone gets tackled someone bumps helmets I don't get it.

It was just a bullshit call that should be reviewable to overturn under 2 min. Their was no penalty for helmet to helmet, if anything the other team initiated it. It was no different then any play throughout the game. Worst call ever!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Joe was outplayed by White. The interceptions are becoming a problem.

Mike White’s 2 INT’s weren’t a big enough problem to cost his team the game. Burrow absolutely has to clean up the picks, but they’re not the reason we lost. 31 points should be enough. And Joe’s numbers were fine.

21/34, 259 yards 3 TD’s 1 INT 102.5 passer rating

The defense was atrocious.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: IF only we had stopped them on every offensive possession, we'd have blown THEM Out. Guess what, we didn't. Just like we got those 3 turnovers. Only losers play the woulda coulda shoulda game.

Well losers lose games they should have won too, so we have a bunch of loser fans pulling for a loser team.
Reply/Quote
I have literally not been excited for the Bengals in YEARS.  Every game I have watched for years has been "ok, let's watch the Bengals and see what happens".  No excitement.  That changed last week.  I finally let myself be very excited and positive about the Bengals.  I thought something truly changed with this team.  Nope.  

One week later they reminded me why I watch with a "whatever" attituide.  Because as soon as you let them bring a touch of excitement into your life they crush your soul.  Fitting for Halloween.  Been watching for 34 years.  My entire adult life (age 47) and I have never witnessed a Bengals playoff win.  The Pats, with a losing record, just put up 50+.  You will never fool me again into being excited for this team Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Worse performance of the season by the D by far.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't shock me if we finish 5 -12 at this point. Jets are a awful team maybe worst in NFL literally their are 3 guys max that could start on a top 10 roster. They were down starting QB WR T. Garbage defense that couldn't simply scheme for 2 decent DT's pathetic
Reply/Quote
Just a shame how much control the refs can have over the outcome if a game. We could have seen one hell of an ending if givin the chance. Probably not though with the way we looked. Still a shame.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to follow matt white and see if he tears up the league the same way he shredded us with amazing accuracy and timing lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: AH yes, me being optimistic about the Bengals for the first time since 2005 screws us again.  Want me to predict Burrow demands a trade after the Browns beat us?

Wasn't about optimism. It was about responding to I was unhappy how the team was doing, be it down by 3 or up by 14, they looked horrible and it mattered. Would it have mattered in this game, I didn't think so, but it obviously did. I'm not one of the doom and gloom guys. You will give up yards and points, but it was very bad and we should have not even been that close.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:28 PM)kevin Wrote: Well, I'm NOT HAPPY.   The phone has rang all game from my brother who likes to call when Bengals play bad, and I have picked up and hung up on my brother before he can start his crap.  NO, I'm NOT HAPPY.   

Zac Taylor is who we thought he was, this game proves it. This team wins in spite of the “coaching”!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:32 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Wouldn't shock me if we finish 5 -12 at this point. Jets are a awful team maybe worst in NFL literally their are 3 guys max that could start on a top 10 roster. They were down starting QB WR T. Garbage defense that couldn't simply scheme for 2 decent DT's pathetic

I think it shows you how much Zac Wilson sucks?

In 6 games Zac Wilson had 4 passing TDs.
"Backup" Mike White with 3 on us today.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mike White’s 2 INT’s weren’t a big enough problem to cost his team the game. Burrow absolutely has to clean up the picks, but they’re not the reason we lost. 31 points should be enough. And Joe’s numbers were fine.

21/34, 259 yards 3 TD’s 1 INT 102.5 passer rating

The defense was atrocious.

Yeah, Joe didn’t lose us the game. The timing of that pick was close to as bad as it gets, though, so some people will have that stuck in their head. Defense just S T U N K. Once they picked off White twice, I felt comfortable that they had everything figured out but hats off to him. He played a great game.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:22 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Zac needs to go, don't let the record fool you.

His record is really bad, though. He's like The Shitty Beatles.
Reply/Quote
No one is happy they lost or is pulling for a loss. Let’s be honest is anyone here surprised. No other franchise can rip out the heart of their fan base more than out Bengals. The NFL is all about parity, everyone has talent. Good teams win the games they should and sneak in a couple of toss ups. Bengal’s haven’t reached that level of consistency yet, gonna be a roller coaster ride.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:25 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: That does NOT matter.  You play the game and you make mistakes....give up points because of mistakes and get points because you made plays.  The Bungles needed a stop there for a chance and they absolutely got the stop that was nullified by a horrible call.  No way around that. They may have still lost but they were fighting for a chance to have a chance and the refs completely stole it from them plain and simple.  That call costs the Bungles a legitimate chance they earned on that set of downs plain and simple.

You’re going to get shit calls. Don’t play this horrid against a 1-5 team. Don’t let them nickel and dime you down the field time and again. Trust me on this. You’ll feel much better if you just say they played a crappy game against a team with a good plan over it was stolen. This team won 6 games over the last two years. They are perfectly capable of losing to a inferior (record wise) team.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm going to follow matt white and see if he tears up the league the same way he shredded us with amazing accuracy and timing lol.

Pin point accuracy. Tom Brady Jr
Against us anyway.
lol
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:31 PM)michaelsean that always Wrote: Jets fans acknowledging it was a terrible call and also saying I’ll take it. Which is exactly what we would be saying. There’s no guarantee we score even if we get the ball back. They were outplayed and Lou never adjusted to their game plan.

That is NOT the point.  No team plays an absolute perfect game for 4 quarters, so when it gets down to crunch time and you pull it together to give your team a chance it's total BS for that chance you earned on that play....at that particular point in the game, to be stolen from you by a BS call that "can't" be reviewed.  Just some stupid bullshit that always seems to find the doorstep of the Bungles.
Reply/Quote