Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets***
(10-31-2021, 05:38 PM)Tony Wrote: Whatever will we do without you?!?

Continue to post stupid stuff but have fewer people call out the stupidity?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: If I were Zack Wilson I'd demand a trade before the deadline..He'll sit behind White unless White crumbles along the way.
White will be back on the practice squad within a few weeks
Reply/Quote
Fan A: We're going to lose. We suck again!
Fan B: No we're not, care to make a bet?
Fan A: Sure.
*Team loses*
Fan A: Told ya so.
Fan B: You're not a real fan. You wanted to lose.

Rolleyes
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Its ironic we lose by a FG due to zac's dumb 4th down decision.
Reply/Quote
The media was even loving on the Bengals this week. Chase was everywhere on mass and social media and only 32 yards today. Mixon as a top 5 rusher...33 yards today. If not for two ricochet interceptions, the Bengals may have been out of it much earlier. Also, if the Higgins catch was challanged, maybe even a worse loss. Ifs and buts, candy and nuts. Played horrible and lost. Tend to go hand in hand.
Reply/Quote
We lost to a bad team who was missing many of their best players. Not only lost to them, but, couldn't stop them. Bengals probably played their worst game on defense all year and yet, we were up by 5 with 4 minutes left. Give the Jets credit; they earned this win by outplaying us. It's frustrating to lose this way to a bad team (and a team in which I really wish we'd beat personally), but if you said the Bengals would be 5-3 after the first 8 games I would have thought you were nuts.

So yes, they played poorly and the Jets came out and played better and deserved to win. Next week, it's the Bengals turn to fix things and get back in the winners column.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:41 PM)bjf123 Wrote: You probably count me in that group, but I guarantee I did not want them to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point, I honestly don't remember who said what to make me think that and I'm probably inflating the number of people who feel that way (it's probably like 1 guy and I'm all like EVERYONE WANTED US TO LOSE!!!), but I don't think you were one of the ones I was talking about.

Or do I? Hmm
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:46 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Burrow is a legit QB who will end up being the best QB in Bengal history statistically if Cincy can keep him.  The interception.......that play is designed for an immediate turn and throw.  The o lineman got pushed back so fast it allowed the defender to get his hand on the throw.  Burrow threw it but ultimately in was the  o lineman that caused that play to get blown up

Huh? The lineman (I think it was Jonah) wasn’t even blocking. He was several yards down field when Joe threw the ball.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:37 PM)Whacked Wrote: And…..

Fat Randy just kicked a 45-yarder to win it for Tenn in OT

No way he hits that for Cincy.

We are cursed. Lol.

If Fat Randy were a better kicker we wouldn't have Burrow and Chase.
Reply/Quote
And on to Cleveland!!!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  In all fairness, I said we'd end up winning a game we shoulda/coulda lost and come out stinking like a rose.  

Came out smelling like a rose after it was cut from the bush then stepped on on a pile of dog crap.. Oh well.. On to Cleveland..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It was a trend you could see coming. Chargers win a big game against Clev, then get stomped the next week against Balt. Then we completely stomp Balt only to get completely outplayed this week. I would put all my money on the Jets losing their next game.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:47 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Defense didn’t change anything all day. Jets threw 5 to 7 yard passes all day and receivers were wide open.

That's the thing that probably frustrates me the most about today's performance: the lack of any adjustments. I can tolerate a poor first half performance if the team makes the necessary halftime adjustments. But the defense seemingly did nothing different from start to finish. And I would like to know why.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  In all fairness, I said we'd end up winning a game we shoulda/coulda lost and come out stinking like a rose.  

I had us losing one or zero games from last week one out. Shows how smart I am. I'm in an abusive relationship with my football team. They keep hurting me and I keep coming back.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, Joe didn’t lose us the game. The timing of that pick was close to as bad as it gets, though, so some people will have that stuck in their head. Defense just S T U N K. Once they picked off White twice, I felt comfortable that they had everything figured out but hats off to him. He played a great game.

(10-31-2021, 05:41 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Line still needs work and Carman got hurt today. No reason for the FO not to make a deal this week before the deadline to add some talent there.

At this point it should be close to a requirement.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:47 PM)grampahol Wrote: Any team can win "any given Sunday".. That saying has been around for a very long time for a reason and it's never gonna go away.

I mean, us older Bengals fans should know this better than any other fanbase. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Huh? The lineman (I think it was Jonah) wasn’t even blocking. He was several yards down field when Joe threw the ball.

Yep. Joe as a pro QB should have not thrown there or thrown it away. Instead like a dumb goober he throws it right at the DL. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:11 PM)tBengal Wrote: I kept waiting for the defense to eventually clamp down and they never did.

.....and the one time they did they got raped by the refs lol.  So Bunglesque
Reply/Quote
That Lions win is looking less impressive.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:48 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: White will be back on the practice squad within a few weeks

Sign him. 
Reply/Quote