Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample!
(09-23-2019, 09:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Digging up posts from 5 months ago, just to find another thing to complain about?

Football is a team sport.  They win or lose, as a team.  If we get rid of everyone that these three losses have been pinned on, there might not be enough guys left to field a team..

Just pointing out how insane some of you are. Shall we look at the predictions thread ?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Just pointing out how insane some of you are. Shall we look at the predictions thread ?

Is anybody pointing out how repetitive some of you are? Any who... I'm sure they appreciate you highlighting their insanity.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Just pointing out how insane some of you are.  Shall we look at the predictions thread ?

May be get a life outside of complaining at or about a team you supposedly like???

I mean if you ever get sick of necro'n old threads and digging up stuff?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Just pointing out how insane some of you are.  Shall we look at the predictions thread ?

I won't deny that some people will accept whatever the Bengals do, but I think the vast majority of responses to this selection followed this general thought process:
"Zac clearly saw something in this player that he thought fit his offense perfectly so, while it is being considered a reach by the media and rankings, maybe he'll live up to his draft position if Zac held him in this high of regard. I will give this selection the benefit of the doubt and root for him on gameday."

And that's where everyone should be at this point now. He's a rookie, so it's not like anyone expected him to be a star or anything. He is behind Eifert and Uzomah, so it's not like there's nothing standing between him and playing time. I plan on reserving judgment until at least 2020.
Reply/Quote

So, you believe that attempting to embarrass fans for being hopeful and optimistic in the offseason is going to somehow make the team better now?

Yeah, I didn't think so either.  I think that you're just being a deliberate ass.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you believe that attempting to embarrass fans for being hopeful and optimistic in the offseason is going to somehow make the team better now?

Yeah, I didn't think so either.  I think that you're just being a deliberate ass.

That is the problem with the boards right now. It's been taken over by a few negative mass posters and everything is anti-team.... I used to like the knowledge and discussions, now I check in less and less. This isn't a spot for fans, its a spot for people who think they are better managers than the team and back it up with thread/post counts....
Reply/Quote
Wow talk about ripping off a bandaid. This pick was absolutely awful. No two ways about it. He and Jefferson are the highest paid waterboys in the league. Neither will ever help this team. I knew sample would not help. How many second picks are helping other teams? Meanwhile, ours may help in four years from now
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:36 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: That is the problem with the boards right now. It's been taken over by a few negative mass posters and everything is anti-team.... I used to like the knowledge and discussions, now I check in less and less. This isn't a spot for fans, its a spot for people who think they are better managers than the team and back it up with thread/post counts....

I feel like IF a lot of posters were GM for 28 years, that a good percentage would have been able to win 1 playoff game by now.

I mean EVERY TEAM in the league has won 1 since we last have...and all but like 3-4 teams have won 5+. Some upwards of 20.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like IF a lot of posters were GM for 28 years, that a good percentage would have been able to win 1 playoff game by now.

I mean EVERY TEAM in the league has won 1 since we last have...and all but like 3-4 teams have won 5+. Some upwards of 20.

But YOUR feelings are not reality. And that is not how this works. I feel like we should have won that Buffalo game at the end... and it didn't matter.

The facts are that we didn't have another GM and your tiny assumptions are pretty worthless about what shoulda/coulda....

If you don't like the team, find another forum ffs
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:01 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: But YOUR feelings are not reality. And that is not how this works. I feel like we should have won that Buffalo game at the end... and it didn't matter.

The facts are that we didn't have another GM and your tiny assumptions are pretty worthless about what shoulda/coulda....

If you don't like the team, find another forum ffs

Nope. I'm staying here.

How could people on this board be worse? 28 years of 0 playoff wins. 

Me and you have as many playoff wins as current Bengals Management.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:36 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: That is the problem with the boards right now. It's been taken over by a few negative mass posters and everything is anti-team.... I used to like the knowledge and discussions, now I check in less and less. This isn't a spot for fans, its a spot for people who think they are better managers than the team and back it up with thread/post counts....

I 100% agree with this, it's why I don't come to the board as much as I'd like too, it's just so negative here. I'm not saying I'm perfect and definitely have my opinons on what changes should be made but I don't post 50 times a day letting everyone know.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Nope. I'm staying here.

How could people on this board be worse? 28 years of 0 playoff wins. 

Me and you have as many playoff wins as current Bengals Management.

Yep. And who knows they may have published papers like me too. Are you new to coincidences?

The fact is WANT and REALITY don't matter. Every team wants to win playoff games. So everyone wants to win but we haven't. It isn't news to fans. If you think the Bengals FO doesn't want to win you're delusional. 

So what makes you think (or fans like you) that you have any skills that would make you a better GM?

At the end of the day we as fans have two choices.  Be a Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer and post excerpts from negative Twitter feeds ever 30 minutes... Or give the change a chance
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:12 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I 100% agree with this, it's why I don't come to the board as much as I'd like too, it's just so negative here. I'm not saying I'm perfect and definitely have my opinons on what changes should be made but I don't post 50 times a day letting everyone know.

Yeah I am about done. I will start looking for other forums about the team. I have been with this collective since before the move, but it is all about Bengals Bashing.... and that is not what I am looking to do.
Reply/Quote
Winning heals. Winning answers many questions. Taylor needs to win. Until he wins, fans will question just about every move.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
From the limited play I've seen from him I like what I see.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Winning heals.  Winning answers many questions.  Taylor needs to win.  Until he wins, fans will question just about every move.

Yep, Taylor *needs* to put some wins on the board. Monday at Pittsburgh is a good place to start.

After all, Dave Shula won his first two games as HC. cough, cough, clear the throat.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:29 AM)TKUHL Wrote: There's no way to spin this. It was a poor decision to make this pick. It was even poor comp for the trade. I honestly think Ford or Risner was the pick then they just had no plan B at all. We have so many picks to work with, should have went up to get Ford or Risner. Hell could have stayed put and had Wilson and Pratt. This is by far the worst 2nd round pic I can recall any team making going back to the time a Kicker went in the 2nd. This is the first time I've seen a 2nd round pick have scouting reports say " this guy will NEVER be an NFL starter". Not may not be, lol never... really. I get it he's a blocker and that's why it says that so again why so early.

There is no way he was the next best player on their board. If so that's freakin scary. We have 10 picks on day 3 wtf? Half these guys won't even make the team. What are we saving them for. I don't think any team with 5 damn 6th round picks would just sit on their hands like we did watching their hopes of having a revamped Oline go right before them like we did. I'm just going to pretend the 2nd round never happened. Use these late round picks to move the hell up and fix this damn D now. So Disgusted, just ruined the draft for me. Anyone who thinks this was a good pick is out of their damn mind and just being a homer. I guarantee not 1 damn person on this planet had Sample as our or anyone's 2nd pick

Damn, looking back on this I realize I get a little too emotional during the draft. Pretty sure I cried myself to sleep that night. :)
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:17 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: May be get a life outside of complaining at or about a team you supposedly like???

I mean if you ever get sick of necro'n old threads and digging up stuff?

There was a John Ross has a break out game thread telling everyone to pretty much suck it and eat crow. No one ever told them they are asses n to quit being repetitive.

The John Ross “haters” responded by saying they might be wrong about the guy but didn’t cry about Someone rubbing it in.

Anyways Bengals management is flawed is needs an overhaul in the worst way. Every non biased fan knows this. In the meantime I’ll be waiting on Sample to be the next Tony Gonzalez.
Reply/Quote
I hate shitting on players, I know it’s not always their fault, but this was a terrible pick. We draft him in the second round because he’s a good blocker? That’s not going to cut it when your offensive line sucks. There are a million other guys they could of taken and they settled on him
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 01:11 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: There was a John  Ross has a break out game thread telling everyone to pretty much suck it and eat crow.  No one ever told them they are asses n to quit being repetitive.  

The John Ross “haters” responded by saying they might be wrong about the guy but didn’t cry about Someone rubbing it in.  

Anyways Bengals management is flawed is needs an overhaul in the worst way. Every non biased fan knows this.  In the meantime I’ll be waiting on Sample to be the next Tony Gonzalez.

Way to change the subject to another thread... So you know you are wrong but but but someone else did it toooo?

come on
Reply/Quote