Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample!
(09-23-2019, 11:16 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Yep. And who knows they may have published papers like me too. Are you new to coincidences?

The fact is WANT and REALITY don't matter. Every team wants to win playoff games. So everyone wants to win but we haven't. It isn't news to fans. If you think the Bengals FO doesn't want to win you're delusional. 

So what makes you think (or fans like you) that you have any skills that would make you a better GM?

At the end of the day we as fans have two choices.  Be a Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer and post excerpts from negative Twitter feeds ever 30 minutes... Or give the change a chance

I’m pretty sure some of us can be better GM than what the Bengals have produced. Last pro bowler drafted is Eifert. I’m sure I could have drafted someone by now. We are going on 4 years of suck of course we are going to start complaining.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 01:28 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I’m pretty sure some of us can be better GM than what the Bengals have produced.   Last pro bowler drafted is Eifert. I’m sure I could have drafted someone by now.   We are going on 4 years of suck of course we are going to start complaining.

Your grasp on math and logic differ.... Why do you just think you can because of years gone by?  That isnt correct. We havent been in a world war in some time... so that means I can start one?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:55 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Your grasp on math and logic differ.... Why do you just think you can because of years gone by?  That isnt correct. We havent been in a world war in some time... so that means I can start one?

It’s pretty normal to complain after several years of failure , that’s not odd it’s actually quite normal n expected. Calm down no one said anything about world war.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:22 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: It’s pretty normal to complain after several years of failure , that’s not odd it’s actually quite normal n expected.  Calm down no one said anything about world war.

Again..... you lack certain skills. It is called hyperbole. It is fine to complain. It is tedious when you do it ad nauseam with no end in sight.... about the same things that have been said 100x.

Necro, troll, just stop
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like IF a lot of posters were GM for 28 years, that a good percentage would have been able to win 1 playoff game by now.

I mean EVERY TEAM in the league has won 1 since we last have...and all but like 3-4 teams have won 5+. Some upwards of 20.

Well if you feel that way, you should've said so... Maybe use those same exact words.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:36 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: That is the problem with the boards right now. It's been taken over by a few negative mass posters and everything is anti-team.... I used to like the knowledge and discussions, now I check in less and less. This isn't a spot for fans, its a spot for people who think they are better managers than the team and back it up with thread/post counts....

(09-23-2019, 11:12 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I 100% agree with this, it's why I don't come to the board as much as I'd like too, it's just so negative here. I'm not saying I'm perfect and definitely have my opinons on what changes should be made but I don't post 50 times a day letting everyone know.

I would suggest blocking the negative posters so you don’t have read their posts. A lot of people do this to improve their site experience.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: From the limited play I've seen from him I like what I see.

You need to emphasize LIMITED and is the reason people are upset with the pick. I view people have the right to complain and if the want to vent go ahead. It is obvious the Brown family cares more about profit for the family and less about winning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:19 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Yeah I am about done. I will start looking for other forums about the team. I have been with this collective since before the move, but it is all about Bengals Bashing.... and that is not what I am looking to do.

You should check out a forum of any of the other 0-3 teams.  We are a bunch of chipper Cheaters compared to other forum posters. Also you can do the Facebook thing for the Bengals but I'm pretty sure any Facebook discusdion is legally required to turn into a debate about politics and kids these days after a few posts. 
Reply/Quote
Start Game

As a fan, when you win you cheer.
As a fan, when you lose you whine.

As a player, when you win you shine.
As a player, when you snooze you lose.

Game Over

--- Bengalitis
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:36 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Again..... you lack certain skills. It is called hyperbole. It is fine to complain. It is tedious when you do it ad nauseam with no end in sight.... about the same things that have been said 100x.

Necro, troll, just stop

That's the thing with me as well

I've bitched, a lot, about this team, coaches, owner all the way back to 05 on the mother ship. But damn ! we get it already

Do we really need 50 threads all saying the same thing, it gets old quick !
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: From the limited play I've seen from him  I like what I see.

who is Drew Sample?? LOL...
its not looking good so far...and pisses me off watching the Bills Rookie TE drafted after Sample I believe  KILL us all day
The scouting and drafting Dept needs a complete overhaul. How many HUGE early rd busts do we have to endure ? I could do better with my yearly draft guides I buy before each draft.  Shit just subcontract out to Mel Kiper...anything is better then what we are doing now
Reply/Quote
The entire lineup at TE has not looked great this year. Sample has been invisible on limited snaps. C.J. Uzomah has looked bad after playing well last year. Eifert is looking like they're unpacking him from bubble wrap for limited snaps. It's unclear whether the TE just doesn't have a big role in this offense, they're just not producing, or they haven't been able to get to that page of the playbook yet.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:55 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Your grasp on math and logic differ.... Why do you just think you can because of years gone by?  That isnt correct. We havent been in a world war in some time... so that means I can start one?

What unique qualifications do current Bengals Management have other than being born into Paul Browns family?

There is a certain way the league does things with amount of scouts and setup of front office, etc...that the Bengals don't do. Tom Coughlin recognized this when he interviewed here in 2003 and questioned if he could win in this structure and wanted to bring in a GM and more scouts supposedly.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 08:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You should check out a forum of any of the other 0-3 teams.  We are a bunch of chipper Cheaters compared to other forum posters. Also you can do the Facebook thing for the Bengals but I'm pretty sure any Facebook discusdion is legally required to turn into a debate about politics and kids these days after a few posts. 

Agreed. Some team fanbases expect Super Bowls EVERY year and if their team starts 1-2 or 2-1 even they complain.

Here we lose to Seattle by 1 and celebrate it like a win!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. Some team fanbases expect Super Bowls EVERY year and if their team starts 1-2 or 2-1 even they complain.

I pop by other message boards to lurk and "people watch" and this seems to be about the only one where every other post isn't some 4-letter insult or some sort of cliched "compare player X to a woman" sort of post.  For all the doom and gloom we post around here at least every other post in the gameday thread isn't about Dalton being a **** who needs to shove a tampon in his *****.

Some boards are worse than others with the Chicago Bears and Philadelphia Eagles boards being the worst as far as being outright crude and insult-filled, in my experience.  
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I pop by other message boards to lurk and "people watch" and this seems to be about the only one where every other post isn't some 4-letter insult or some sort of cliched "compare player X to a woman" sort of post.  For all the doom and gloom we post around here at least every other post in the gameday thread isn't about Dalton being a **** who needs to shove a tampon in his *****.

Some boards are worse than others with the Chicago Bears and Philadelphia Eagles boards being the worst as far as being outright crude and insult-filled, in my experience.  

We are civilized in our criticisms. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I pop by other message boards to lurk and "people watch" and this seems to be about the only one where every other post isn't some 4-letter insult or some sort of cliched "compare player X to a woman" sort of post.  For all the doom and gloom we post around here at least every other post in the gameday thread isn't about Dalton being a **** who needs to shove a tampon in his *****.

Damn I honestly thought we were the harshest. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We are civilized in our criticisms. 

Yeah , we usually don’t call each other names. I’ve been called a few names by homers which I find odd , it’s not like I’m picking on their mother. Just a player on the team whom they probably never met.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 06:41 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yeah , we usually don’t call each other names.  I’ve been called a few names by homers which I find odd , it’s not like I’m picking on their mother.   Just a player on the team whom they probably never met.

It's a rough time for all fans, both optimistic and pessimistic.  No matter how one chooses to articulate and display their thoughts and feelings about what is shaping up to be a bad season, we do need to keep a few things in mind.  We are all fans of the same team, or else we wouldn't be here.  And with the previous statement being true, fans of other teams are likely happy for our misery, and we need to stay peaceful amongst ourselves.  As Bengal fans, all we have is eachother, nobody else gives a damn about the Bengals but us.

With that in mind, I ask everyone to have a little understanding for how their fellow fans choose to respond to the teams failures.  Don't respond with vitriol, don't make things personal. Maybe show a bit of resilience, toughen up a little bit, let some things roll by.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. Some team fanbases expect Super Bowls EVERY year and if their team starts 1-2 or 2-1 even they complain.

Some fans on this board post that we're really 2-1. Possibly they are typing in their sleep while dreaming of Kenny Anderson to Cris Collinsworth.

Personally, I'd rather live in reality where 0-3 is just what it is, 0-3.

Reply/Quote