Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample!
(09-24-2019, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's a rough time for all fans, both optimistic and pessimistic.  No matter how one chooses to articulate and display their thoughts and feelings about what is shaping up to be a bad season, we do need to keep a few things in mind.  We are all fans of the same team, or else we wouldn't be here.  And with the previous statement being true, fans of other teams are likely happy for our misery, and we need to stay peaceful amongst ourselves.  As Bengal fans, all we have is eachother, nobody else gives a damn about the Bengals but us.

With that in mind, I ask everyone to have a little understanding for how their fellow fans choose to respond to the teams failures.  Don't respond with vitriol, don't make things personal. Maybe show a bit of resilience, toughen up a little bit, let some things roll by.  
[Image: tumblr_opea5a7cDY1w6atg6o5_400.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 08:43 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Some fans on this board post that we're really 2-1. Possibly they are typing in their sleep while dreaming of Kenny Anderson to Cris Collinsworth.

Personally, I'd rather live in reality where 0-3 is just what it is, 0-3.

We are 2-1 in moral victories. When the league finally recognizes that as a stat, we will be winning Super Bowls faster than the patriots
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 11:41 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: We are 2-1 in moral victories. When the league finally recognizes that as a stat, we will be winning Super Bowls faster than the patriots

"Just Missed It By Thaaat Much" is my favorite stat line.

Hopefully with rule changes and fingers crossed the NFL will finally give us our come uppence.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 06:41 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Just Missed It By Thaaat Much" is my favorite stat line.

Hopefully with rule changes and fingers crossed the NFL will finally give us our come uppence.

9 moral victories should get us into the playoffs I think.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 06:41 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Just Missed It By Thaaat Much" is my favorite stat line.

I can understand why fans of a team will remember shoulda-won games/seasons for their own team, but where is the appreciation for teams that go through the same stuff?  How many people here remember that a mere 3 years ago the Raiders and Dolphins went 12-4 and 10-6 respectively and went into the playoffs without their starting QBs who were tragically injured late in the season?  The 2016 Raiders and Dolphins were like the 2015 Bengals...they shoulda won!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 12:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can understand why fans of a team will remember shoulda-won games/seasons for their own team, but where is the appreciation for teams that go through the same stuff?  How many people here remember that a mere 3 years ago the Raiders and Dolphins went 12-4 and 10-6 respectively and went into the playoffs without their starting QBs who were tragically injured late in the season?  The 2016 Raiders and Dolphins were like the 2015 Bengals...they shoulda won!

Difference between us and those teams, is they have won a playoff game in the last 30 years. We are the loveable losers of the nfl. It goes to show you we have the worst owner in the nfl. He would rather run a business than win a playoff game
Reply/Quote
Drew Sample had his best game this week and looked good as a blocker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Drew Sample had his best game this week and looked good as a blocker.

Yes, saw the same thing. Good for Drew, think he will really help this team out as the season goes on.
Reply/Quote
May as well play Sample more. I think Uzomah is just an average TE. Nothing more.

Eifert appears rusty too.

Develop Sample.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 03:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: May as well play Sample more. I think Uzomah is just an average TE. Nothing more.

Eifert appears rusty too.

Develop Sample.

I'd like to see more of him.  He made a nice 20 (ish) yard grab in the 49ers game, and held on while taking a solid shot.  I'd like to see if that is the type of toughness we can continue to expect from him, or if that was just an adrenalin moment.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:03 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Difference between us and those teams, is they have won a playoff game in the last 30 years. We are the loveable losers of the nfl. It goes to show you we have the worst owner in the nfl. He would rather run a business than win a playoff game

Put Finley in and sit Dalton,we are O-3 with andy and he does not know to rally players as a leader would or maybe put the game on your shoulders and win the stinkin thing.He is not a leader,he is a loser.And we will lose against the stoolers because of him.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 07:58 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would suggest blocking the negative posters so you don’t have read their posts. A lot of people do this to improve their site experience.

I'm hoping I don't need to do that but I probably will. Only person I have blocked right now is that Freddy Toaster guy, can't believe is allowed to post here. I still see his posts because he trolls every single thread and then people quote him and respond back.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 08:43 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Some fans on this board post that we're really 2-1.

No they don't.

That is a complete lie.

A strawman you created just to make yourself look superior for "living in reality"

If I am wrong post a link to prove it.  Otherwise please stop with these type of garbage posts.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 04:01 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I'm hoping I don't need to do that but I probably will. Only person I have blocked right now is that Freddy Toaster guy, can't believe is allowed to post here. I still see his posts because he trolls every single thread and then people quote him and respond back.

Claims to have a problem with overly negative posters.

ONLY person he blocks is me.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 03:49 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Put Finley in and sit Dalton,we are O-3 with andy and he does not know to rally players as a leader would or maybe put the game on your shoulders and win the stinkin thing.He is not a leader,he is a loser.And we will lose against the stoolers because of him.

Haven't you heard that we're the lovable losers?

Don't be tarnishing our rep now by being all bitter.

We gotta be warm and snuggly loveable losers.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 05:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Haven't you heard that we're the lovable losers?

I laughed...
My wife laughed...
The Toaster laughed....
I shot the Toaster...
Damn Decepticons….

Is Fred a Decepticon…………….
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 04:01 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I'm hoping I don't need to do that but I probably will. Only person I have blocked right now is that Freddy Toaster guy, can't believe is allowed to post here. I still see his posts because he trolls every single thread and then people quote him and respond back.

Fred makes it interesting, won't block the guy. Never blocked a poster. Just get them riled up enough to be banned lol

Fred actually has a lot of great stats and stays positive for the most part. 

It is the constant whining and bitching dudes I cannot handle. Those are the ones I have been tempted to block.

(09-25-2019, 05:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Claims to have a problem with overly negative posters.

ONLY person he blocks is me.

Hilarious

Freddy Toaster ha

(09-25-2019, 05:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Haven't you heard that we're the lovable losers?

People need to grow thicker skin.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fred makes it interesting, won't block the guy. Never blocked a poster. Just get them riled up enough to be banned lol

Fred actually has a lot of great stats and stays positive for the most part. 

It is the constant whining and bitching dudes I cannot handle. Those are the ones I have been tempted to block.

Freddy Toaster ha

People need to grow thicker skin.

Yeah, I don't have him blocked cause he's negative I have him blocked cause he trolls every thread on the board, I was just naming who I had blocked since he's the only one. I think I'll wait to see what happens with the MNF game this week, I have a feeling if we lose the board will be in full meltdown mode and there's probably some whinners I'll need to mute. Here's to hoping we turn this ship around and at least make things interesting in the AFC North!  ThumbsUp
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 03:49 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Put Finley in and sit Dalton,we are O-3 with andy and he does not know to rally players as a leader would or maybe put the game on your shoulders and win the stinkin thing.He is not a leader,he is a loser.And we will lose against the stoolers because of him.

I love when people call Dalton a loser. Dude has a winning record as a starter at every level. Even in the NFL. Even with the team struggling the last few years he STILL has a winning record.

I get people wanting to move on from Dalton. And there's enough stuff to legitimately criticize Dalton for, so I don't know why people need to make shit up about the man.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Drew Sample had his best game this week and looked good as a blocker.

He did have his best game as a run blocker and that's probably the biggest reason why he was drafted but his best overall game was actually against SF. 

Pretty much across the board he's been really good in pass pro but poor in run blocking. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote