Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Erick All!
Tight end from Iowa that will be a hell of a pick if he can stay healthy!

Early round talent but just had the health concerns!

I've seen comps to Michael Mayer but a better route runner!

I wanted a tight end earlier but he'll make up for it if he can stay healthy and I like our other picks, so I can't complain!

Who-Dey!
Reply/Quote
ESPN loves this pick.
Reply/Quote
Great Pick, Tight End U sends another to the NFL, this guy is a major sleeper and he doesn't have to play right away, tight end 1 of the future

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good God this draft has sucked.

We got some former team captains, though.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
What injuries has he had?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of drafting the injury-prone. You think we would have learned from Eifert.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:02 PM)Big Boss Wrote: What injuries has he had?

Per nfldraftbuzz,
" His collegiate tenure was hampered by significant injuries, including a spinal issue and an ACL tear, raising red flags about his ability to endure the physical demands of a full NFL season."
Reply/Quote
The one guy I hoped they didn't take after I saw them bring him in for a 30 visit.

His NFL Combine Profile pic looks like Dave Chapelle's Prince impersonation.

- Spine surgery
- 2023 Torn ACL ended his season
- Not ultra productive.
- No special gifts athletically.
- Projected 5th-6th rounder
- Iowa's offense was garbage & wasn't a stuf when he was playing with a ton of talent at UM.

If this was the 6th Comp pick, I'm absolutely behind it and geeked.... 4th rounder?! I'm absolutely disgusted.

I'm all for this kid having a monster career with the Bengals and want him to be healthy and succeed. If he gets even 200 yards & 1 TD this season I'll get a custom All Jersey and pimp that on gamedays as penance..... But my god, this is too many physical issues to use a 4th on.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:02 PM)Big Boss Wrote: What injuries has he had?

They reported back injury with surgery and torn ACL.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not a fan of drafting the injury-prone. You think we would have learned from Eifert.

Eifert never had injuries in school. I cannot blame them for drafting him.

All, on the other hand, is a total luxury at this stage in the draft while there are better or just as good prospects there at TE WITHOUT having spinal and lower body surgeries that ended seasons. This is absurd.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:04 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Per nfldraftbuzz,
" His collegiate tenure was hampered by significant injuries, including a spinal issue and an ACL tear, raising red flags about his ability to endure the physical demands of a full NFL season."

Spine surgery is a big Yikes.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I love this pick because I feel like we finally have the prototypical type of tight end of the division that I've always wanted. CJ was kind of like that and he was great in our Super Bowl run, so I think All will be a lot better.

You need a safety to cover him because a backer can't but then who do you have to cover Chase, Higgins, Burton, and whoever else?

I'm liking our squad!

Reply/Quote
BTW for those who don't know, he's from Fairfield

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/erick-all/3200414c-4c00-4828-f0d3-e53762691665

"If he checks out medically, he has enough talent to compete for a spot as a TE3 on a roster."

So what I want sold on is that he has elite upside as a balanced TE if his significant injury history isn't an issue. He was their guy and he checked out, I just hope the upside is worth the risk. I do like the motor and fighting through adversity.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Spine surgery is a big Yikes.

Depends on what it was.  If it was a micro-discectomy than to me it's a non issue.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Good God this draft has sucked.

We got some former team captains, though.

Jenkins is a keeper.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love this pick because I feel like we finally have the prototypical type of tight end of the division that I've always wanted. CJ was kind of like that and he was great in our Super Bowl run, so I think All will be a lot better.

You need a safety to cover him because a backer can't but then who do you have to cover Chase, Higgins, Burton, and whoever else?

I'm liking our squad!

If he can stay healthy, the Bengals have a steal.

If he did not have an injury history, he would have been drafted much higher. He was putting together a great season before he got hurt. 

But if they drafted Glass Joe...

The Bengals are swinging for the fences!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 02:12 PM)phil413 Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/erick-all/3200414c-4c00-4828-f0d3-e53762691665

"If he checks out medically, he has enough talent to compete for a spot as a TE3 on a roster."

So what I want sold on is that he has elite upside as a balanced TE if his significant injury history isn't an issue.  He was their guy and he checked out, I just hope the upside is worth the risk.  I do like the motor and fighting through adversity.

Virtually NO UPSIDE or standout traits on this kid. This was a massive reach and throwaway pick.

Mind boggling choice. I bet he doesn't see 200 yards this season. Special teamer until his body crumbles week 5.
Reply/Quote
Stover would have been a solid pick at TE.

Reply/Quote
I don't like his 13.8% drop percentage and we know almost nothing about his athleticism due to his injury recovery, but if he stays healthy, he seems to be a good player.

Not sure I would have taken this risk in the 4th, but if he works out, it'll be worth it.
Reply/Quote