Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Jermaine Burton!
Speed!
Reply/Quote
John Ross had speed too
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:42 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: John Ross had speed too

So does Tyreek Hill. See I can do it too!
Reply/Quote
This kid will provide another layer to the offense we haven't seen. If Chase and Walters can kick his ass enough to keep him straight, we are better at WR than we were last season.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Solid pick and this helps tremendously if Higgins has another Hammy issue
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Speed!

Bengals needed to tap into what is called one of the strongest WR draft classes ever.  In round 3 they got one.  Pick announced by TJ Houz who said he has been training this kid for a long time.  So a WR trained by Bengals WR TJ.  I'll say Houz because I never could spell TJ's name.   OT, DT and WR sounds like a good draft to me.  ESPN thinks they are great picks.   GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:42 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: John Ross had speed too

That's your expert comparison?

Reply/Quote
I think Burton will be a solid wr. Solid route running. Great hands. Great runner. Seems to have some ‘dog’ in him— hopefully not too much. But I think him and Chase will be a great duo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: That's your expert comparison?

If someone making a post and just says “speed”. Then it’s the only comparison I need. Listed no other attributes other than speed! So yes. My expert opinion. Move along now.
Reply/Quote
I'm excited! With teams focusing on Chase he can run wild and find the open spots deep!

It does confuse me when we still have Tee and I'm hoping one of the tight ends (Sanders!) still available for our next pick!

Zac was excited and he knows better than I do, so I'm pumped!
Reply/Quote
Zacs reaction was telling. He has got a lot he needs to work on, character concerns mainly, o field stuff can be costly as well but he’s got talent we can use.
Reply/Quote
It pulls a safety to his side.

I am hoping year one his plays a role similar to Chris Henry, minus the off field stuff and bad luck with trucks.
Reply/Quote
We took this clown and allowed the Steelers to get Hines Ward 2.0. We will rue this pick.

I hope to god I am wrong.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm excited! With teams focusing on Chase he can run wild and find the open spots deep!

It does confuse me when we still have Tee and I'm hoping one of the tight ends (Sanders!) still available for our next pick!

Zac was excited and he knows better than I do, so I'm pumped!

Very talented kid who has some maturity issues. Stupid action when TN fans stormed field. Also transferred 6 times in 8 years or something like that. He started at Georgia as freshman before transferring to Alabama (for reasons unknown) so he must the very talented.
I wonder if he knows Mims and maybe he also vouched for him?

From a guy named Matt Harmon on X…
Jermaine Burton #ReceptionPerception profile just went live on the site.

Some highlights:
- 75% success rate vs. man coverage
- 77.3% success rate vs. press coverage
- Among prospects on the site right now, both are top-3 in the class.

He has first-round WR talent. If he had a clean off-field profile, he would be in the conversation for WR4 across the industry.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:46 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: If someone making a post and just says “speed”. Then it’s the only comparison I need. Listed no other attributes other than speed! So yes. My expert opinion.  Move along now.

I'm not attacking you.  I want to add though, Speed and trained by TJ.   TJ Houz announced pick saying he has been training this kid a lot of years.  I say Houz because I never could spell TJ's last name.  So Speed, but I like the trained for years by Bengals WR TJ.   So there is that besides just the speed part. Also ESPN said great pick. TJ was a great Bengals, Carson Palmer went to him often on 3rd down. Such a great route runner. TJ loved the pick as he announced it, and said he has been training this pick for years. Trained by TJ sounds very good.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Very talented kid who has some maturity issues. Stupid action when TN fans stormed field. Also transferred 6 times in 8 years or something like that. He started at Georgia as freshman before transferring to Alabama (for reasons unknown) so he must the very talented.
I wonder if he knows Mims and maybe he also vouched for him?

From a guy named Matt Harmon on X…
Jermaine Burton #ReceptionPerception profile just went live on the site.

Some highlights:
- 75% success rate vs. man coverage
- 77.3% success rate vs. press coverage
- Among prospects on the site right now, both are top-3 in the class.

He has first-round WR talent. If he had a clean off-field profile, he would be in the conversation for WR4 across the industry.

0% drop rate as well
Reply/Quote
Burton is a physical WR for his size with a good contested catch rate so he fits the Bengals profile.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:53 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm not attacking you.  I want to add though, Speed and trained by TJ.   TJ Houz announced pick saying he has been training this kid a lot of years.  I say Houz because I never could spell TJ's last name.  So Speed, but I like the trained for years by Bengals WR TJ.   So there is that besides just the speed part. Also ESPN said great pick. 

I’m not a fan of the pick, I’m a little salty. lol. I was hoping for the guy the Steelers took. Let’s hope it works out. Not a fan of guys with character issues.
Reply/Quote

3 picks so far 3 high end athletes.

Reply/Quote