Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Jermaine Burton!
(05-01-2024, 08:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone want to actually talk about what the kid will bring as a player?

I think he'll be a big hit.

Personally w/ Charlie Jones, Yoshi, Uno, and Tee I hope he's our WR 5, but I doubt it, the kid has talent. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 09:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, no 5-1-3. Burton is supposedly going to wear 81.

[Image: no-sir-i-dont-like-it.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 06:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe the video is just grainy or I'm just not seeing it well, but I don't see more than a light push.
The person being contact barely even moves?
I hesitate to even say shove because that feels too strong of a word compared to what I see on video.
I couldn't really see much either to be honest. What he did was wrong, but the way people were reacting, clotheslining her or just went all thuggery on her, I am not seeing that.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 06:49 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Isaac said on her intitial TikTok post that he "smacked her in the head as she walked past him",, then clarified to someone's reply that he "pushed her head as she tried to avoid him". She then made her account private. 

Not great either way and a stupid action by him,, but some on here and social media are acting like he went full Joe Mixon on her. 

It's hard to tell from the video because it's such poor quality.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 09:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, no 5-1-3. Burton is supposedly going to wear 81.

Lame. Damn it.

Where did you see that? He is still listed without a number on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

This is why it was a great pick. Jermaine allows Ja'Marr to work in the Slot where he could be the best of all time IMO.

So many Slot WR's now a days, but rare to find ones like Ja'Marr, Justin J and Jermaine who can also play outside and be dominant.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 10:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Lame. Damn it.

Where did you see that? He is still listed without a number on the roster.

The rookie numbers are all over online.

Amarius Mims - #71
Kris Jenkins Jr - #90
Jermaine Burton - #81
McKinnley Jackson - #68
Erick All - #83
Josh Newton - #28
Cedric Johnson - #52
Tanner McLachlan - #84
Daijahn Anthony - #33
Matt Lee - #62

Reply/Quote
Given the hoopla, I want this kid brought field restrained like Hannibal Lecter. I'd play it up on social media, posting pics of feeding him red meat in a cage and whatnot.

The kid is going to ball, and I see others feeding off of his energy.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
No “513”.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 06:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do you think Burton intended to do? 

Which one had the provocation to strike?

Anything after "They are both 100% wrong' is mitigating Burton's actions and I'm not here to do that. 

If we want to go further down this rabbit hole. Mixon contacted the female he struck and personally apologized along with issuing statements of his wrong doing. 
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-football/joe-mixon-reaches-settlement-with-oklahoma-woman-he-punched-in-2014

Does anyone have anything that shows Burton has done likewise? 

We do know he has forgiven himself:
https://www.outkick.com/sports/jermaine-burton-breaks-silence-on-hitting-female-tennessee-fan-offers-cowardly-comments

and blamed the SEC

So, if in your book, the force of the blow makes no difference, then why do you have an issue with Mixon at all?  After all, Plummer slapped him, first.  Doesn't that just make Mixon shattering her face nothing more than self-defense?  After all, he could have been seriously injured by that slap if he lost his balance and fell on the restaurant floor.  

Of course, we know that isn't the case, because you've railed on Joe for years.  
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 09:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, no 5-1-3. Burton is supposedly going to wear 81.

Dammit! There goes my shot at potentially making million$ as the hype man and marketing guru of the NFL's hottest new niche fan group, 5-1-3 Mafia!  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 09:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, no 5-1-3. Burton is supposedly going to wear 81.

This is outrageous. Someone at Bengals HQ needs to answer for this misdeed.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 10:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dammit! There goes my shot at potentially making million$ as the hype man and marketing guru of the NFL's hottest new niche fan group, 5-1-3 Mafia!  Ninja

Someone from Jackson, OH wouldn’t get it. Cool

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Someone from Jackson, OH wouldn’t get it. Cool

My son lives in 513, does that count?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 12:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My son lives in 513, does that count?

We’ll allow it.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 10:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dammit! There goes my shot at potentially making million$ as the hype man and marketing guru of the NFL's hottest new niche fan group, 5-1-3 Mafia!  Ninja

Not to mention 5+1+3=
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 08:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone want to actually talk about what the kid will bring as a player?

Jermaine Burton is really good.

First and foremost Burton played mostly the X receiver at Bama and showed a diverse release package against different coverages. I love how fast he eats up cushion vs off/zone coverages and then he's good at setting up defenders with his head and body at the stem. He is physical through route contact staying in position and on time. He tracks the ball well adjust to off target throws with excellent body control and makes catches with strong hands. Burton is also smart with a good understanding of coverages and the awareness/field vision to take advantage of soft spots in zone coverage.

Burton needs work in the short and intermediate parts of the field in the routes. He has some wasted movement with choppy steps when he drops his hips so inside choice routes aren't gonna be his thing in year one at least but he has the athleticism to work on that area. My biggest knock on Burton is while he is a physical player he has zero desire to block

In year one Burton will take most of his likely take most of his snaps on the boundary but will get some vertical slot routes like when the Bengals run the dagger concept (inside vertical route, outside dig, and a crosser from the other side the inside is a clear out route and the dig/crosser high low read) but what makes it special is Burton can also run the dig at a high level and Chase and definitely run the clear out route.

Edit: I think I brought up Burton once in the draft section but like everyone else did not think he would be on the Bengals board even if I had a high 2nd round grade on him. Behind Pearsall ahead of Legette and McConkey
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 04:27 PM)Synric Wrote: Jermaine Burton is really good.

First and foremost Burton played mostly the X receiver at Bama and showed a diverse release package against different coverages. I love how fast he eats up cushion vs off/zone coverages and then he's good at setting up defenders with his head and body at the stem. He is physical through route contact staying in position and on time. He tracks the ball well adjust to off target throws with excellent body control and makes catches with strong hands. Burton is also smart with a good understanding of coverages and the awareness/field vision to take advantage of soft spots in zone coverage.

Burton needs work in the short and intermediate parts of the field in the routes. He has some wasted movement with choppy steps when he drops his hips so inside choice routes aren't gonna be his thing in year one at least but he has the athleticism to work on that area. My biggest knock on Burton is while he is a physical player he has zero desire to block

In year one Burton will take most of his likely take most of his snaps on the boundary but will get some vertical slot routes like when the Bengals run the dagger concept (inside vertical route, outside dig, and a crosser from the other side the inside is a clear out route and the dig/crosser high low read) but what makes it special is Burton can also run the dig at a high level and Chase and definitely run the clear out route.

Edit: I think I brought up Burton once in the draft section but like everyone else did not think he would be on the Bengals board even if I had a high 2nd round grade on him. Behind Pearsall ahead of Legette and McConkey

Great post Synric, really appreciate the in depth anaysis of Jermaine Burton. I have to admit, I kind of stuck to my guys in Pearsall, Corley
and Leggette and didn't think much about Burton. Happy the coaches and scouts were paying attention, really like the pick if he can keep 
his head on right and learn to find the desire to block. This was the one reason I didn't expect us to draft him, our coaches really like our 
WR's to block on the outside.
Reply/Quote