Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Tee Higgins
(04-24-2020, 08:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I could see him getting traded for a late rounder. Do we really need him now?

It depends.  How well insulated against sending UDFA receivers out there do we want to be?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They said he was not that fast, but could go up and get the jump ball and contort his body to make catches. Kind of sounds like Auden Tate. Tell me he's better.

He’s as close to AJ Green as any WR in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They said he was not that fast, but could go up and get the jump ball and contort his body to make catches. Kind of sounds like Auden Tate. Tell me he's better.

Tied with Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins for Clemson TD record in only 37 games.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:52 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He’s as close to AJ Green as any WR in this draft.

You can't go wrong with Clemson WRs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:33 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm very happy with it.  I like the idea of drafting a weapon for Burrow right away.  He's a good hedge against our perpetually injured receivers and hopefully can be a future WR1.

Same here and he is a Bengals fan so...

Very happy with the Tee Higgins pick. Cool dude, has class like AJ his favorite player.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:54 AM)pledgi Wrote: Tied with Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins for Clemson TD record in only 37 games.  

This is a big deal man.

(04-25-2020, 12:54 AM)McC Wrote: You can't go wrong with Clemson WRs.

We will see how Mike Williams comes a long but yeah, they are usually pretty great lately.

Not betting against Tee with Smokin' Joe throwing to him.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:06 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Lacks separation but knows how to play the football. Burrow will know how to get him the ball.

He gets separation vertically.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:06 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here and he is a Bengals fan so...

Very happy with the Tee Higgins pick. Cool dude, has class like AJ his favorite player.

It's great to see the kid so excited to be a Bengal. I hit him up on Twitter assuring him that he really does play like AJ 2.0 and that AJ, TJ, and Ocho will help him reach his NFL potential.  
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 10:26 PM)grampahol Wrote: Green, Higgins, Boyd and Ross? Gonna make it easy for Mixon to find holes to run through with those 4 running lose . Now just imagine if Sample actually learns how to be a real TE on top of it..  

Which TEs are left n this draft? LOL 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Steal
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...Higgins ran a 4.39 and Tate ran a 4.68. speed aside Higgins is a big leap up, and that is coming from the leader of the Auden Tate fan club.

When did Higgins run a 4,39? He ran 4.54 at his pro day bc he skipped out on combine. You’re thinking of his teammate LB Simmons whit ran the 4.39
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
It's a refreshing to see a player that is sincerely happy to be a Bengal
I feel that will be contagious and a real catalyst in changing
The culture.
It's apparent ZT is lpoking to get dynamic plays out of the
Passing game which will help give Mixon more running lanes
Higgie is the one of the best vertical threats in the draft
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:15 PM)Trademark Wrote: Solid get, what a pick ! Dude is a beast!

I don't want to be negative Nancy, but I worry about his production against the best competition.  He only got 4 receptions for 33 yards against OSU.  He had 3 catches for 52 yards against LSU.  He got fat stats pounding a lot of duds in his conference.  I like the guy, but I was bummed at the numbers he put up on his pro day...mid 4.5s is ok, but a very pedestrian 31" vertical doesn't show for much explosiveness.  I wanted Mims because I thought he could generate near immediate separation and he was a stud the week of the Senior Bowl, all while learning new routes.

I know his (Mims) WR coach is now on the Bengal's coaching staff, so if they didn't want him I will trust the process.  I can't help thinking though that we took another Finesse WR when the bully (Claypool) ended up on the steelers.  

I will say this:  by his route running and hands, Higgins is the most comparable to AJ Green in this draft of what was remaining and maybe that is what they wanted.  He also has a ton of production.  
Reply/Quote
Well, with AJ and Tyler on the field, Tee should not see any doubles and should be able to run wild.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't want to be negative Nancy, but I worry about his production against the best competition.  He only got 4 receptions for 33 yards against OSU.  He had 3 catches for 52 yards against LSU.  He got fat stats pounding a lot of duds in his conference.  I like the guy, but I was bummed at the numbers he put up on his pro day...mid 4.5s is ok, but a very pedestrian 31" vertical doesn't show for much explosiveness.  I wanted Mims because I thought he could generate near immediate separation and he was a stud the week of the Senior Bowl, all while learning new routes.

I know his (Mims) WR coach is now on the Bengal's coaching staff, so if they didn't want him I will trust the process.  I can't help thinking though that we took another Finesse WR when the bully (Claypool) ended up on the steelers.  

I will say this:  by his route running and hands, Higgins is the most comparable to AJ Green in this draft of what was remaining and maybe that is what they wanted.  He also has a ton of production.  

Here's the thing; what gaudy numbers did Mims put up against good competition? What team in the Big 12 has a good defense? (none of them)

What did Higgins do against Alabama the previous year?

And everyone talks about the NC, this year: average out his stats from the NC, ad you have 48 catches, for 832 yards.

If he puts up that kind of production, with AJ and Boyd in front of him, why are we complaining?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:24 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Here's the thing; what gaudy numbers did Mims put up against good competition? What team in the Big 12 has a good defense? (none of them)

What did Higgins do against Alabama the previous year?

And everyone talks about the NC, this year: average out his stats from the NC, ad you have 48 catches, for 832 yards.

If he puts up that kind of production, with AJ and Boyd in front of him, why are we complaining?

Like I said, I don't hate the pick....it is just a concern of mine and the fact is that he isn't an immediate separation generator.  It takes him a bit to "get up to speed".  We have a lot of guys like that.  The quickest in a phone booth, by far, is Ross who has been unreliable and may not be here beyond next season (I hope that is not the case).

When I saw Mims breaking ankles and rocketing of the LOS at the Senior Bowl week, I was salivating.  Higgins is a heck of a talent, but I was hoping for someone that had a bit more suddenness.  That's all.  I don't mean to sound like that is complaining.  We are killing the draft so far and I am beyond excited.  

Start round 4 with ADG and our LB corps went from mostly duds to 4 studs in one offseason.  The WR room is better and deeper.  Maybe a mauling guard like Simpson in Rd 5 and get some late round athletes that are raw (McTelvin Agim, DT and Casey Toohill, EDGE?) and we will be ready to roll. 

Joe
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Was way higher on Higgins over Mims. Guys who mirrors AJ Green very well, which probably doesn't say a lot about Aj's long term future here. I think you now have Burrow's partner for the foreseeable future and gives us some insulation against AJ/Ross injuries.

Before the O line guys come in, I was one of them, I continue to say I don't think the team has as big of a concern at O line as we do. I think we get one day 3 but not tonight. I would guess LB here in the 3rd.

On OL, I agree. Johnson stepped up at OT and Jonah Williams plus we added a vet guard. They also may understand Price has not been fully healthy and other young guys. Hart was also much better in 2019.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:57 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: When did Higgins run a 4,39? He ran 4.54 at his pro day bc he skipped out on combine. You’re thinking of his teammate LB Simmons whit ran the 4.39

I wouldn't worry too much about the 40 time in this case. Here is a quote about DeAndre Hopkins back in 2013 when he came into the league...

"DeAndre Hopkins may have solidified himself as a first-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft during Clemson Pro Day on Thursday. Unofficially, he clocked in at 4.5 and a 4.41 in his two attempts at the 40-yard dash, which is a considerable improvement over the 4.57 he ran at the 2013 NFL Combine."
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Like I said, I don't hate the pick....it is just a concern of mine and the fact is that he isn't an immediate separation generator.  It takes him a bit to "get up to speed".  We have a lot of guys like that.  The quickest in a phone booth, by far, is Ross who has been unreliable and may not be here beyond next season (I hope that is not the case).

When I saw Mims breaking ankles and rocketing of the LOS at the Senior Bowl week, I was salivating.  Higgins is a heck of a talent, but I was hoping for someone that had a bit more suddenness.  That's all.  I don't mean to sound like that is complaining.  We are killing the draft so far and I am beyond excited.  

Start round 4 with ADG and our LB corps went from mostly duds to 4 studs in one offseason.  The WR room is better and deeper.  Maybe a mauling guard like Simpson in Rd 5 and get some late round athletes that are raw (McTelvin Agim, DT and Casey Toohill, EDGE?) and we will be ready to roll. 

Joe

Not saying it doesn't exist, but I haven't seen a single bit of tape where Mims is NOT extending his arm, pushing off the coverage man; that'll get called every single time in the pros, even the few times he BEAT his man, he still does it.

Then, there's the fact that of all the high-profile receivers this class (1st/2nd rounders projected), he easily had the most cupcake schedule, defense-wise.

Lastly, he's a Baylor WR; outside of Gordon, not a single one has done anything of note, in the league.

Agim went to the Broncos.

I'd be cool with anyone at this point; the rest of the draft will basically be depth and potential, so anyone is good for me.

Who I'd want though, is Bartch, Moss, ADG.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Tee's overall body of work is more impressive than Mims. I think Tee can step right in and contribute starting game 1; he has a smaller learning curve.
Reply/Quote