Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the team, Jonah Williams!
(04-26-2019, 05:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You stole my point.  Smirk

That's the best part of it. I'd take the best o-lineman in the draft over the 3rd best LB (based on where they were drafted). So imo, the Steelers did us a favor. In the process, they paid a hefty price.

True, but Lap also said if Williams were available, they'd sprint to the podium...and they kinda did. 

I base that on some things that have been said (that Williams was very high on our board, etc) and how quickly we made that selection. Either way, I'd rather have the best Tackle than any LB. The only bad thing I can say is that IF Jawan Taylor is available with out next pick, a Devin Bush/Jawan Taylor combo to start the draft would've been amazing.

There are still good LB's available too though.

I’d definitely want a an upgrade at tackle especially a future franchise LT at 11. Add in he’ll be starting off the bat and this is a no brainer. I’d rather beef up the offense now a days over the D, especially the QBs blind side. If they can somehow strike gold at LB rest of draft whooohoooo
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 05:55 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I’d definitely want a an upgrade at tackle especially a future franchise LT at 11. Add in he’ll be starting off the bat and this is a no brainer. I’d rather beef up the offense now a days over the D, especially the QBs blind side. If they can somehow strike gold at LB rest of draft whooohoooo

No doubt. It's all about the trenches for me.   :andy:
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 05:55 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I’d definitely want a an upgrade at tackle especially a future franchise LT at 11. Add in he’ll be starting off the bat and this is a no brainer. I’d rather beef up the offense now a days over the D, especially the QBs blind side. If they can somehow strike gold at LB rest of draft whooohoooo

Teams that win in the playoffs have good offensive line. I did a study based on PFF rankings and something like 7 of the top 10 lines made the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I think we will be seeing all sorts of OL combinations in pre-season as they look for the best set-up.

It says something about the future leadership of our team that the 3 players that Williams mentioned as reaching out after the draft were Andy Dalton (as expected), Billy Price, and Joe Mixon

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Solid pick.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:30 PM)pally Wrote: I think we will be seeing all sorts of OL combinations in pre-season as they look for the best set-up.

It says something about the future leadership of our team that the 3 players that Williams mentioned as reaching out after the draft were Andy Dalton (as expected), Billy Price, and Joe Mixon

Gotta admit, sure do love seeing a guy like Mixon who had that terrible off the field incident becoming a leader and a great man so quickly afterwards. God don't care who you were, he cares who you are.
Reply/Quote
Are ya ready for the preseason injury that wipes out the 2019 season yet? Jeeez I hope that doesn't happen. If he ever gets injured I hope its during a down season for the entire team after we have plenty of Oline depth. (not that I think we'll ever have great Oline depth..)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Have been gone for a moment but this pick made me happy.

Was driving listening on radio and realized some players were definitely falling and that an OL had not even been drafted yet.

Did not really have time to analyze prospects but knew we got our choice of any we wanted. Started driving faster to get home and read up on him.

Anyway, know we need LB help desperately but would not pass on Cody Ford if he falls to us and move him to OG.

Then we can attack defense with next 3 picks.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Last night was a home run & I'm hoping tonight is the same.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 08:00 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Last night was a home run & I'm hoping tonight is the same.

[Image: Christian-Bale-Disappointed.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 12:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK,

This guy has a new fan, love his analysis and to the point style

I have followed The Huddle Report for over 10 years, he is a pretty good scout. Read his report on Drew Sample, it is hilarious. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:34 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I have followed The Huddle Report for over 10 years, he is a pretty good scout. Read his report on Drew Sample, it is hilarious. 

Here is the link. I believe the report has been posted in another thread and of course those who do not like the selection are still griping...

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/blog/?p=783
Reply/Quote