Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again!
(12-27-2018, 11:34 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Why are so many people under the impression Tua is a pro caliber QB? He looks like just another Alabama system QB to me

One with a better arm.....my sentiments exactly.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If they are tanking for anyone I hope it is Trevor Lawrence.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 01:07 PM)MentalRage Wrote: If they are tanking for anyone I hope it is Trevor Lawrence.

Count me in.

Reply/Quote
We are seriously going to go 30+ years without a playoff win; as fans, we are insane. What exactly are we "fans" of again? Lol. There are many of us who don't live in Cincy or not even in Ohio, so they don't have a good "excuse".
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 01:07 PM)MentalRage Wrote: If they are tanking for anyone I hope it is Trevor Lawrence.

That’s more like it
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 01:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We are seriously going to go 30+ years without a playoff win; as fans, we are insane. What exactly are we "fans" of again? Lol. There are many of us who don't live in Cincy or not even in Ohio, so they don't have a good "excuse".

... I liked the helmets and thought the names “Bengals” and “Boomer” were cool when I was a toddler Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 07:36 PM)samhain Wrote: If Mike allows this to happen, he's not just giving his fanbase (what remains of it, anyway) a middle finger.  He's curb stomping it, tying it up with rope and duct tape, throwing it in a burlap sack, and tossing it in the river with a cinder block tied around it's ankles.  There will be zero casual fans left in this city. There will be more season ticket holders throwing in the towel.  Seeing the empty seats in PBS during the 2019 season will be the embarrassment of all embarrassments for this franchise, and that's saying something given the history.

Even the diehards will get tired of our yearly two Pittsburgh butt-kickings coupled with having to watch Baker Mayfield wiping his butt with our garbage staff's blank stares as he kicks our tails up and down the field on a regular basis.  

It's one thing to get attached to a team and support it through decades of embarrassment and bad times.  There's something to be said for sticking to the hand your dealt by birth and loyalty as opposed to hopping on a bandwagon elsewhere.  When, however, the owner of said franchise basically tells you he not only doesn't care about expanding his fanbase, but that the current fans can piss off, too, then maybe it's time to let that franchise die a natural death or plague another god-forsaken city.

It's pretty obvious he doesn't care about the fans.  It's time the fans stopped caring about him or his lousy 'product.'  The only reason I came back to the forum after I said I was done with the team last year was because I missed you guys.  I will always love what the Bengals were when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s.  But that is not what they are now and frankly what they are now is not worth wasting time on.

I'll still hang around here from time to time, but until there are major changes in the organization I am not wasting anything on the team itself.
Reply/Quote

Me too. Build the lines, then get Trevor.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 03:55 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Me too.  Build the lines, then get Trevor.

Abso-friggin-lutely down with this.

Reply/Quote
Who?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The terms lazy and complacent come to mind...
Reply/Quote
It is amazing how one person can ruin the sport lives of so many people.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:10 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: So, it appears that the speculation 'holic posted earlier is true.  Son of Paul is letting Mediocre Merv dictate when it's time to hang up the headset.  My God......how in the hell can one man be so inept and clueless about running a football team? Seriously Mikey?

https://thebiglead.com/2018/12/23/cincinatti-bengals-marvin-lewis-decide-when-he-wants-to-stop-coaching/

If this isn’t proof that Mike Brown really loves shitting on the fans I don’t know what is. It’s sad that a man can be so petty against the people who keep him wealthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 03:17 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: ... I liked the helmets and thought the names “Bengals” and “Boomer” were cool when I was a toddler Ninja

Same here except I was 6 and from outside of Pittsburgh with an anti-Steelers family because my ol man could never handle the collective ignorance of local fandom.

I also later found I have a soft spot for backing the underdog.  I have all of Art Garfunkel's albums and like 2 of Paul Simon's.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 10:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Same here except I was 6 and from outside of Pittsburgh with an anti-Steelers family because my ol man could never handle the collective ignorance of local fandom.

I also later found I have a soft spot for backing the underdog.  I have all of Art Garfunkel's albums and like 2 of Paul Simon's.

I didn't even know Art had any albums.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

OK, then clearly they are Losing for Lawrence. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 10:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Same here except I was 6 and from outside of Pittsburgh with an anti-Steelers family because my ol man could never handle the collective ignorance of local fandom.

No John Oates albums?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 12:30 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: No John Oates albums?

I have an autographed and framed John Oates on the wall here. 

(12-28-2018, 11:39 AM)McC Wrote: I didn't even know Art had any albums.

His 80s and onward stuff didn't do much, but he made 4 albums in the 70s and two went gold and two went platinum.  Also, between Art and Paul, Artie actually has the bigger worldwide hit with Bright Eyes in 1979.  The more you know, eh?

Amusingly, my walls have a slew of "second banana" autographed LPs on them.  Garfunkel, Oates, Peter Criss, Denny Laine and Jim Messina.  I guess the secret to being buddy-buddy with rockers is to curry favor with the "other guys."  Silver medals, abound, eh?

Anyways, back to the yearly "Why isn't Marvin Lewis getting fired?" thread.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 01:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have an autographed and framed John Oates on the wall here. 

His 80s and onward stuff didn't do much, but he made 4 albums in the 70s and two went gold and two went platinum.  Also, between Art and Paul, Artie actually has the bigger worldwide hit with Bright Eyes in 1979.  The more you know, eh?

Amusingly, my walls have a slew of "second banana" autographed LPs on them.  Garfunkel, Oates, Peter Criss, Denny Laine and Jim Messina.  I guess the secret to being buddy-buddy with rockers is to curry favor with the "other guys."  Silver medals, abound, eh?

Anyways, back to the yearly "Why isn't Marvin Lewis getting fired?" thread.

Now we see why you're a Bengals fan. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 01:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Now we see why you're a Bengals fan. Mellow

Please, the Bengals haven't even been "the Garfunkel" of the NFL since 1988. Our one-n-done finishes make us "Andrew Ridgeley" or "Denny Zaeger" at best. We could also say 2005 and 2015 were the types of "bad luck, coulda done it" years that made us "Pete Best" though.
Reply/Quote