Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were folders stuffed with Trump's 'business plan' papers blank props?
http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Were-folders-of-Trump-s-business-plan-papers-10853328.php

Quote:When Donald Trump announced at Wednesday's press conference that he was moving complete control of all his businesses to his sons, he pointed to a pile of folders as evidence of the preparations being made.

Both he and his lawyer Sheri Dillion claimed that the bundled documents were just a part of the massive paperwork necessary to separate Trump from his business operations. Like her client, Dillon also pointed at pile.

After the session, reporters tried to examine the folders and the documents inside, but Trump staffers would not let them look at any of them.

Most of the papers were hidden, but some were visible. None had any sign of the page numbers, post-it notes or labels, that one might expect from a collection of legal documents.

As the Independent noted, the paper itself also appeared to be the wrong size, printed on A4 rather than legal size sheets, and appeared to have fallen like fresh sheets.

Despite Trump suggesting that each folder related to a different business, all the folders appeared to be blank.

View image on Twitter
[Image: C170qaqUAAAh_3B.jpg:small]

Quote:[/url]

Follow
[Image: ZPqhZ9E0_normal.jpg]Amy Berg 

@bergopolis
Not only are they blank, but if this were my set I would fire the propmaster for lack of realism. They are that fake.
8:51 PM - 11 Jan 2017

•  

•  10,65110,651 Retweets

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=819361200370614274] 23,20323,203 likes

The unmarked appearance of the documents did not go unnoticed by Twitter.
The president-elect's plan would hand over the management of his international real estate development, property management and licensing company based in New York to his sons. Trump assured reporters that while he's president, he would not discuss the businesses with his sons.

While Dillion, of the firm Morgan Lewis & Bockius, asserted that Trump is "not exploiting the office of the presidency for his personal benefit," the Office of Government Ethics says the arrangement does not go far enough. Instead, ethics experts say, Trump should sell off his businesses and put the proceeds in a blind trust overseen by an independent manager.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Total clown show. The damage that will be done to my country in the next four years hurts my heart.
Ultimately I think this will be a big part of the reason Trump won't serve four years.

It will most likely go to court in the first year, and a judge will most likely tell him to sell off, or to somehow separate himself. He either won't, and get impeached, or he will resign and go back to staying in hotels.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-13-2017, 04:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Ultimately I think this will be a big part of the reason Trump won't serve four years.

It will most likely go to court in the first year, and a judge will most likely tell him to sell off, or to somehow separate himself. He either won't, and get impeached, or he will resign and go back to staying in hotels.

I've said it before, within an hour of the inauguration you will see a brief filed in federal court about it. Because our courts can not work on situations that may occur, they can only rule on what has happened, once he takes the oath of office it is fair game. But rest assured that ever since he won the election there have been legal teams getting everything in order.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-13-2017, 05:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've said it before, within an hour of the inauguration you will see a brief filed in federal court about it. Because our courts can not work on situations that may occur, they can only rule on what has happened, once he takes the oath of office it is fair game. But rest assured that ever since he won the election there have been legal teams getting everything in order.

yeah but, then that puts pence in power...and im not sure which is worse

a crazy loon that has no idea what hes doing, or Pence

This is why the comparison between trump and hitler is striking

hitler was bad, no doubt about that, but the people under him, were much worse creatures
People suck
(01-13-2017, 06:05 PM)Griever Wrote: yeah but, then that puts pence in power...and im not sure which is worse

a crazy loon that has no idea what hes doing, or Pence

This is why the comparison between trump and hitler is striking

hitler was bad, no doubt about that, but the people under him, were much worse creatures

I don't disagree on the whole Pence being worse. I am 100% behind that, to be quite frank about it. Trump will put on a bigly show, but he won't be able to really do a lot of what he would like done. Pence knows more about governance and can make things happen, and his policy positions are frightening.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I forgot to really address the OP. Who cares? He had a table full of Trump goodies at his press conference. He is a salesman, he likes props. His will be the infomercial presidency. He is full of shit most of the time, but let's focus on the important stuff he is bull shitting us about. Whether or not the folders they were pointing to were real or just blank pages matters very little.

Why would anyone care about this? This is getting funnier everyday.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-13-2017, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would anyone care about this? This is getting funnier everyday.

Something about the past 30 or so years has people on edge about trusting Trump. I know, judging a man by his actions is pretty radical thinking, but it seems to be what is happening.
(01-13-2017, 09:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Something about the past 30 or so years has people on edge about trusting Trump. I know, judging a man by his actions is pretty radical thinking, but it seems to be what is happening.

What past action(s) would lead folks to care about whether folders pictured contained actual paperwork or not?

(01-13-2017, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would anyone care about this? This is getting funnier everyday.

Why would the president-elect waste time and money to set up a fake prop and then lie about it and act like they are real should be your question. 

OK Trump, say you signed some papers to turn your business over to your sons. No need to have fake paperwork and your lawyer from the Russian Law Firm of the Year blow smoke up our asses. 
(01-13-2017, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What past action(s) would lead folks to care about whether folders pictured contained actual paperwork or not?

Being a fraud and a con man?

His first press conference since election night and he is lying to the American people. Just a little foreshadowing. And the reason more than half the voters in the country voted against him.
(01-13-2017, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What past action(s) would lead folks to care about whether folders pictured contained actual paperwork or not?

You're basically asking why would people care if he is a liar. 

I guess I'm just wondering why he'd bother incorporating community theater-grade props into the situation.  Maybe every president pretended blank pieces of paper were documents pertinent to his oath of office and Trump just has the balls to admit it's all a farce (once he is caught, that is).
(01-13-2017, 09:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're basically asking why would people care if he is a liar. 

Basically, I am not. I asked why folks would care if the documents in the folder were actual paperwork or not. 

(01-13-2017, 09:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess I'm just wondering why he'd bother incorporating community theater-grade props into the situation.  Maybe every president pretended blank pieces of paper were documents pertinent to his oath of office and Trump just has the balls to admit it's all a farce (once he is caught, that is).

You ever see those speeches where the President is seated in front of all those books on the shelves in the background? You might be surprised why they chose to do that.

Anyways. I'm gonna leave you guys with this one. Keep up the good fight. 

(01-13-2017, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You ever see those speeches where the President is seated in front of all those books on the shelves in the background? You might be surprised why they chose to do that.

Yeah, I must have missed the part where said presidents insisted the fake books were very much real and eveidence that was pertinent to the situation at hand and then didn't let people touch the books. Checkmate.

Damn, you got me there.  Luckily I have a binder of blank computer paper in this folder that I'm going to insist proves not only that you are wrong, but that I have a huge penis and I had sex with Angelina Jolie 1000 times.
(01-13-2017, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Basically, I am not. I asked why folks would care if the documents in the folder were actual paperwork or not. 

According to the article, Trump indicated the paperwork in the stack of folders dealt with him turning over control of his business operations before assuming the presidency. If the papers are blank then they don't relate to transition of control of his businesses. So if he indicating the papers dealt with the transition, but they didn't, wouldn't that be a lie?
(01-13-2017, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You ever see those speeches where the President is seated in front of all those books on the shelves in the background? You might be surprised why they chose to do that.

Yeah, I heard the high road gets pretty congested this time of day. Luckily for you, the far left lane us for high horses only. 

Anyways. I'm gonna leave you guys with this one. Keep up the good fight

Will do comrade. For mother Russia. 

I mean USA! USA! USA!