Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(06-04-2021, 05:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm hoping for the Switch Pro, some Zelda announcements for the 35th anniversary, a big update for Animal Crossing, and perhaps some big 3rd party announcements for the beefier hardware.

Of course, I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment.
ill try and find the full lineup

its stretched out over a long span this year

https://www.gamesradar.com/e3-2021-schedule/?scrlybrkr=315e3090
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 09:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: ill try and find the full lineup

its stretched out over a long span this year

https://www.gamesradar.com/e3-2021-schedule/?scrlybrkr=315e3090

Sheesh you weren't kidding about it being stretched out. Mellow

Looks like June 15th is the date to watch for me.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2021, 05:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm hoping for the Switch Pro, some Zelda announcements for the 35th anniversary, a big update for Animal Crossing, and perhaps some big 3rd party announcements for the beefier hardware.

Of course, I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment.

Don't worry, I'm over here waiting for Metroid news LOL

Never finished the last route on maddening mode in Fire Emblem. That should hold me over until the Legend of Mana remaster coming out on the 24thm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 06:43 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Don't worry, I'm over here waiting for Metroid news LOL

Sheesh, I don't envy you, if you're a big Metroid fan. Mellow

I've been keeping one eye out for MP4 as it might be something I'd pick up...but it's nothing but crickets on that front.

It's a similar feeling on BoTW 2, but that's "probably" more imminent. Who knows with Nintendo. Seems they've been even more tight lipped than usual since the pandemic started.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 11:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sheesh, I don't envy you, if you're a big Metroid fan. Mellow

I've been keeping one eye out for MP4 as it might be something I'd pick up...but it's nothing but crickets on that front.

It's a similar feeling on BoTW 2, but that's "probably" more imminent. Who knows with Nintendo. Seems they've been even more tight lipped than usual since the pandemic started.

Big metroid fan....although not enough to dig the Wii out of the basement to play through the Prime Trilogy so..... That's my biggest hope for e3, a Prime Trilogy remaster to dangle a carrot for the fans. If not, at least there is the timeless classic that is Super Metroid.

I'd be shocked if BotW 2 isn't the "one last title" segment in their presentation. I am also hoping for Switch Pro news, but they have said it's exclusively software for Nintendo this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2021, 11:50 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Big metroid fan....although not enough to dig the Wii out of the basement to play through the Prime Trilogy so..... That's my biggest hope for e3, a Prime Trilogy remaster to dangle a carrot for the fans. If not, at least there is the timeless classic that is Super Metroid.

I'd be shocked if BotW 2 isn't the "one last title" segment in their presentation. I am also hoping for Switch Pro news, but they have said it's exclusively software for Nintendo this year.

Yeah I'm surprised they havent thrown any bones to Metroid fans. I was expecting something after they announced the delay...but no dice. A port or maybe a new 2D style game in the style of maybe Megaman 11 would've been nice.

Kinda bummed to hear that last part. My OG Switch is getting ragged out. It's been running hot lately...probably from 3.5 years of dust. Plus the DLSS running Switch games at upwards of 4k and 60 fps sounds NICE.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 12:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I'm surprised they havent thrown any bones to Metroid fans. I was expecting something after they announced the delay...but no dice. A port or maybe a new 2D style game in the style of maybe Megaman 11 would've been nice.

Kinda bummed to hear that last part. My OG Switch is getting ragged out. It's been running hot lately...probably from 3.5 years of dust. Plus the DLSS running Switch games at upwards of 4k and 60 fps sounds NICE.

at least it looks like Sega will do Sonics Anniversary right
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 09:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: at least it looks like Sega will do Sonics Anniversary right

I love that Sega still produces high quality games. I was always more into Nintendo, but I think everyone my age owned a Genesis at some point. I even had the giant Sega CD attachment. Really wish I would've held on to it. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 02:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I love that Sega still produces high quality games. I was always more into Nintendo, but I think everyone my age owned a Genesis at some point. I even had the giant Sega CD attachment. Really wish I would've held on to it. Whatever

same i miss my Sega/CD/32x lol   and those FMV games
Reply/Quote
made an e3 Thread

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-E3-2021-and-Summer-Game-Fest
Reply/Quote
closing in on 150 hours in valhalla.. Havent hit the DLC yet... very close to then end though. lol I got my moneys worth at least.
Reply/Quote
Hades is amazing. Very deserving of the Game of the Year accolades.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2021, 03:34 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hades is amazing. Very deserving of the Game of the Year accolades.

What kind of game is it?
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2021, 04:06 PM)Stewy Wrote: What kind of game is it?

Hard to describe. It's a rouge-like, but there is progression. It's like DmC, Diablo and God of War had a indie Rouge like love child. It was less than 20 on the Nintendo eshop, so there has to be great deals on other consoles.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2021, 08:09 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hard to describe. It's a rouge-like, but there is progression. It's like DmC, Diablo and God of War had a indie Rouge like love child. It was less than 20 on the Nintendo eshop, so there has to be great deals on other consoles.

Not on Xbox or Playstation yet i think maybe August....

Looks interesting but ill just grab Diablo 2 instead i think.. And wait to see this on sale.

Oh nice it releases on Friday the 13th.... lol. (is a day 1 gamepass title as well.)
Reply/Quote
Its coming..... 8/24

**this year is gonna be expensive lol
Reply/Quote
not my normal music style but this video is so well put together... if you have played dark souls its worth a watch

Reply/Quote
Some Next Gen Update news.

Doom Eternal gets the patch for X/S support tomorrow 6/29

Greedfall gets upgraded to X/S on 6/30 with its launch of its DLC.

Reply/Quote
Finished Syndicate. In the end due to the grind I enjoyed Syndicate more than Unity even though Unity destroys it in both gameplay style and storyline.

Into Origins now (I only got past the introduction in Siwa originally) and I'm rather enjoying the story. Gameplay is meh I prefer the simpler styles of the older games. It's nice to actually be able to sneak around again which was kind of oddly gone from an Assassins game in Unity/Syndicate.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 01:47 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Finished Syndicate. In the end due to the grind I enjoyed Syndicate more than Unity even though Unity destroys it in both gameplay style and storyline.

Into Origins now (I only got past the introduction in Siwa originally) and I'm rather enjoying the story. Gameplay is meh I prefer the simpler styles of the older games. It's nice to actually be able to sneak around again which was kind of oddly gone from an Assassins game in Unity/Syndicate.

Origins is completely open for the most part on how you do it...   Take out the whole base by stealth you can run in a fight them all is also possible but harder lol..

Loved to newer gameplay style especially how the controls are set up   Much more of an RPG in the newer titles than just the action adventure games of the original formula.   
Reply/Quote