Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What are you most disappointed it 1st presason
Without a doubt it the continued bad play off our oline..our draft picks from last year and before just have not improved.. and way too many penalties ... figured they would show improvement especially against 2nd team defense but nope...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I stayed till half time - none of our starters played right so we are complaining about 2nd and 3rd stringers?

Our 2nd string QB got a concussion they played 90% of the game with 3rd string QB

Chris Evans looked good on special teams - sucked his run got called back but Moss clearly was holding.

Dax Hill our 1st round pick looked solid should of had a pick.

That's all I got.. rough game but that's what happens when it's all back ups
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I stayed till half time - none of our starters played right so we are complaining about 2nd and 3rd stringers?

Our 2nd string QB got a concussion they played 90% of the game with 3rd string QB

Chris Evans looked good on special teams - sucked his run got called back but Moss clearly was holding.

Dax Hill our 1st round pick looked solid should of had a pick.

That's all I got.. rough game but that's what happens when it's all back ups

the underlining problem is most of the Oline that started played alot last year and you tell me how well they played ?
Reply/Quote
Penalty's. The number 1 drive killer.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Allen's concussion was probably the biggest disappointment, but he should be good to hold a clipboard in the regular season.

Carman didn't really inspire confidence at LG. He wasn't a disaster, but looked shaky several times.

T's looked bad. I don't even think Adeniji is worth a PS spot, at this point.

Outside WR's were bad, also. They couldn't win any one on one's til we had Pryor against the 4th string. Lassiter looked like another CFA turned practice Jerry Rice who can't get it done in games.

ADG can't get off blocks at all. He also seemed to make a business decision on a run early in the red zone. That kind of honked me off.
Reply/Quote
Seeing the team play THAT undisciplined was infuriating. Backups or no, the standards have to be higher. Also seeing both Prince and Adeniji get embarrassed BY BACKUPS was ridiculous and calls the judgement of the coaches into question - why are these goobers still on the team?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 12:05 AM)Joelist Wrote: Seeing the team play THAT undisciplined was infuriating. Backups or no, the standards have to be higher. Also seeing both Prince and Adeniji get embarrassed BY BACKUPS was ridiculous and calls the judgement of the coaches into question - why are these goobers still on the team?
 im a patient person when it comes to Oline improving but i agree.. when two lineman that you have had on this team for 2 plus years play that bad.. wow.. coaching staff ie Pollack can you hear me.. come on man..:)
Reply/Quote
penalties and missed tackles for sure. Those are correctable mistakes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Penalties.Lack of improvement in OL backups.Looked like a replay from last year.
Reply/Quote
When the team is trotting out Brandon Allen and Trent Taylor as the number one WR, it's on you if you're disappointed with anything... What'd you think was gonna happen?

I must admit Jackson Carman is making it really hard to believe in him though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 12:51 AM)jason Wrote: When the team is trotting out Brandon Allen and Trent Taylor as the number one WR, it's on you if you're disappointed with anything... What'd you think was gonna happen?

Right? Our premium picks (Dax & Carter) looked good at least. Now I just want to see CTB.

Reply/Quote
Carman needs work still.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Looked like the Bengals may have still been intoxicated from their success last year and Az was more ready to play tonight.

Should serve as a good wake up call for Bengals though.                          

Definitely were quite a few positives to get excited about as well though in

Carter, Gunter, Dax, Evans, Pryor, and  Evan "Cash Money" Mcphearson.

Just got to get the O-line going and believe the rest will fall into place.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Did anyone besides Trey Hill get in at Center? He definitely doesn’t seem like the answer to be Karras’ backup.

Reply/Quote
Thad Moss

Jackson Carman

Joseph Ossai

Allan George
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The penalties were disappointing but I'm far and away most disappointed by Jackson Carman. A 2nd round pick, presumptive starter on a revamped Oline against nothing but 2nd and 3rd stringers.

He should have dominated this game. But instead he looked like he belonged with the line he was trotted out with, which included Prince and Adeniji at the tackle spots.
Reply/Quote
B Allen 6 year vet got every snap he wanted in training camp so far and was trash. This is what happens when you have too much loyalty to a player Zac. You do not get better or even try to improve the spot cause YOUR guy is already on the team and has his spot no matter how badly he plays. Not going to win it all if you are not trying to improve at every single spot on the roster without bias.
Reply/Quote
On defense
QB contain, Redzone, and dealing with sudden changes

On Offense
Offensive line, Tos, and Moss.

Special Teams
Punt Coverage
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't know if it's fair to Carmen, because of playing with backups, but I didn't like his play. His footwork was pretty weak, I thought.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 02:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did anyone besides Trey Hill get in at Center? He definitely doesn’t seem like the answer to be Karras’ backup.

Every center on the roster except Karas played

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote