Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What exactly is Joe Biden supposed to have done wrong in business dealings
(10-29-2020, 04:35 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am fine with anyone from poor to ultra rich paying the least amount of taxes allowed by law.

People need to be complaining about the tax laws and stop complaining about what the rich pay in taxes as long as it's all legal.

People are also allowed to own businesses in foreign countries and they also have to follow those countries tax laws.

So what’s the big deal here with the Biden’s?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 04:32 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: If he owned a factory in China that produces his products that are then sold in the USA I could see your point.  I don't know what businesses or types of businesses he owns in China.

You mean like Ivanka's clothing line?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:27 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Isn't it rather difficult bashing nepotism when the president has his son, daughter, and son in law working for him in the highest office of the land?

Or is this one of those 'it's only bad if the other side does it' deals we see in politics so often?
Who knew this Thread would go so quickly to "but Trump"

I didn't bash nepotism; I simply suggested Joe may know a little more than "nothing" about Hunter being a multi-millionaire foreign business magnate.

Of course Trump is employing his kin, but he's not hiding it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 03:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I usually don't do this sort of thing, but since the other thread got locked lets step away from just attacking the hypocrisy of the right on this issue..

Instead I really want to see what they claim Biden has done wrong.

I saw the Carlson/Tony B interview where Tuck's jaw dropped in amazement when Tony B claimed Jim Biden (Joe's brother) used the term "plausible denial" but I just could not figure out why they never said what he was supposed to be denying.

Kudos for trying to keep your thread on task, but that ship has sailed.

I've never said Biden has done anything "wrong". I just don't believe him when he feigns like he hasn't

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It just flies in the face of "America First".

Why would Trump even do business in China if he was all about "America First".  shouldn't he be investing all his money in the United States if he really believes in "America First".

Trump even threatened huge tariffs on any US company that created jobs overseas at the exact same time that his company was investing money to create jobs in China.

His payment of more taxes in China is evidence that he is nothing but a bullshitting hypocrite who criticizes other people for doing exactly what he is doing.

Understand now?

You do realize there's a difference between "America First" and "America Only", right? 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You do realize there's a difference between "America First" and "America Only", right? 

No.

I guess Trump could put his first dollar in the United States than his next $10 million in China and that would still mean "America First" to you.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course Trump is employing his kin, but he's not hiding it.

Joe is not hiding anything either.

Trump is the one hiding his tax returns.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.

I guess Trump could put his first dollar in the United States than his next $10 million in China and that would still mean "America First" to you.

No, it wouldn't, but putting something FIRST almost always implies that there's something else, something coming SECOND and possibly more things coming in THIRD and FOURTH. But, kudos to you for admitting your lack of knowledge. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've never said Biden has done anything "wrong".

Then what is the "mainstream media" hiding?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Joe is not hiding anything either.

Trump is the one hiding his tax returns.

DAMNIT!! After you tried so hard not to point to the Right's hypocrisy and make this another "cause Trump" thread.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then what is the "mainstream media" hiding?

How are we supposed to know?

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then what is the "mainstream media" hiding?

News stories critical of Joe Biden?  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knew this Thread would go so quickly to "but Trump"

I didn't bash nepotism; I simply suggested Joe may know a little more than "nothing" about Hunter being a multi-millionaire foreign business magnate.

Yeah, especially since this story is coming from Trump surrogates and Trump is using it to attack Biden.

Who knew how quickly you would resort to your “but Trump” retort? Everybody.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 06:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: News stories critical of Joe Biden?  

What exactly is the criticism?  That is what I keep asking.

The only think I have heard is that Joe Biden might have had some connection with legitimate business deals in China.  How is that criticism when there is nothing wrong with doing business with China?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knew this Thread would go so quickly to "but Trump"

Doesn't answer my original question, but I wasn't expecting to have it answered anyway.

In response - I helped my daughter get a job awhile back. I had no clue what she did or how well she did it - I only know that she held the job until she didn't. Just as I'm sure you don't know all the ins and outs of your children's lives, one cannot expect Biden to know anything that isn't public knowledge either.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No,

Okay then, where do you draw the line?

My argument would be that if you say "America First" then that means you do all you can to help America.  

When Trump criticizes companies for sending jobs overseas he doesn't say they are putting "America First" if they only send 50% of their jobs overseas.  Instead he says he would punish any company for sending ANY jobs overseas.

He is a bullshitting hypocrite and it amazes me how much some people will bend over backwards and use all sorts of semantic arguments to defend him.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How are we supposed to know?

You can't accuse someone of hiding something if you don't even know there is something to hide.

That would be like me constantly attacking you for refusing to share the information on all of your criminal activity.

It is amazing what Fox News can convince people to get upset over.
Reply/Quote
Just a side note here recounting two recent experiences.

Three weeks ago I was listening to the Brian Kilmeade radio show. My boy Brian was SMOKIN' on the Biden story, all the Chinese connections, millions of dollars to Hunter, callers were demanding to know how he was getting away with it; people would go crazy if this happened to Trump, etc.

Then Chris Wallace came on, supposedly to announce a new show they would do together, it was like someone dropped an ice cold bucket of journalistic standards on the discussion. Klimeade was firing all these questions at the honorable Wallace, and getting answers like "still no evidence of wrong doing" and "likely nothing there," and "so far just rumors," and "not prosecutable." The energy of the show dropped just like that. Left me wondering how a show featuring those two would keep a Fox audience. That was three weeks ago.

Then today I was driving to Johnstown and BOOM Kilmeade was on the Hunter Laptop story. One caller kept repeating "given what we know," "Given what we know," meaning we know the laptop proves the Chinese gave Hunter millions and 10% was earmarked for Joe, who usually gets HALF of Hunter's money but not this time etc. Media storm if Trump did this!! etc. Incredulous angry callers could not figure out why the FBI or someone was not moving on this!

LOL only the deep state could keep a story like this out of the MSM this long!
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 07:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't accuse someone of hiding something if you don't even know there is something to hide.

That would be like me constantly attacking you for refusing to share the information on all of your criminal activity.

It is amazing what Fox News can convince people to get upset over.

First off: Quit asserting that everyone is gullible because of Fox News. It does 0 to add to discussion. looks to divide, and makes you feel you are more open minded. But you can accuse someone of watching something if you don't even know they watch it. Hypocrisy.

I attempted to discuss the issue posed in your OP; yet the results have been predicable.

I can definitely form an opinion and have done so in every response in this thread as they all are qualified by  "I believe" or "In my opinion" 

Your example has no merit. It would be more like me being a housing inspector, while my son doesn't know which end of a hammer to use, yet he gets a contract to build government housing, and I say "I don't know anything about it". 

Folks would be rational to ask "Are you sure?" 

Reply/Quote
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/how-fake-persona-laid-groundwork-hunter-biden-conspiracy-deluge-n1245387

Quote:One month before a purported leak of files from Hunter Biden's laptop, a fake "intelligence" document about him went viral on the right-wing internet, asserting an elaborate conspiracy theory involving former Vice President Joe Biden's son and business in China.

The document, a 64-page composition that was later disseminated by close associates of President Donald Trump, appears to be the work of a fake "intelligence firm" called Typhoon Investigations, according to researchers and public documents.

The author of the document, a self-identified Swiss security analyst named Martin Aspen, is a fabricated identity, according to analysis by disinformation researchers, who also concluded that Aspen's profile picture was created with an artificial intelligence face generator. The intelligence firm that Aspen lists as his previous employer said that no one by that name had ever worked for the company and that no one by that name lives in Switzerland, according to public records and social media searches.

One of the original posters of the document, a blogger and professor named Christopher Balding, took credit for writing parts of it when asked about it and said Aspen does not exist.

Despite the document's questionable authorship and anonymous sourcing, its claims that Hunter Biden has a problematic connection to the Communist Party of China have been used by people who oppose the Chinese government, as well as by far-right influencers, to baselessly accuse candidate Joe Biden of being beholden to the Chinese government.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote