Poll: What's been more exhausting?
Chase vs Sewell debate
Hoopla around the jerseys
Others (please specify in comments)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's been more exhausting?
(04-26-2021, 11:10 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The Sewell guys are going to implode if he isn’t tge pick.

If he’s drafted before, they will implode because they didn’t trade up for him.

Either way I’m grilling a porterhouse and a potato and having a nice beer and watching it all unfold.
I think I'm more upset you chose a porterhouse over a NY strip.....
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 12:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think I'm more upset you chose a porterhouse over a NY strip.....

I like strips, but not as much as a good ribeye bone-in, and I have had both recently. Haven’t had a good porterhouse this year and decided to diversify.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 10:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit I'm mostly playing devil's advoate with the "Burrow should be the GM" talk (imagine that) but you have to look at the situation we are in.

We are a franchise with 0 SBs in 53 years and 0 playoff wins in 30 years and yet we are all very able to envision the Bengals winning a SB in the future and that is because of one thing and one thing alone...Joe Burrow.  I don't think Burrow will want out of Cincy if we take Sewell, but at the same time if we are hoping the guy is here for 15 years then what is so wild about making what he wants a priority?  And true, players aren't GMs and good players aren't good GMs (lookin' at you, John Denver in Elway), but come on...Burrow is all that matters.

i wont knee jerk react if we dont go OL @ 5....  But i would definatley need to see a draft pick there by day 2s end.. and an additional in day 3..

There will also be vet pick ups after the draft (some probly still have some medical issues)   

Right Burrow matters a lot.  But the debate is how best to help him lol.  I still think we need more picks over 1 potential Super star but thats me. Ill wait to see how it all plays out before i hate it or love it lol
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 04:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: HAHAHAHA, that's so cute Wes. You think that the Chase vs Sewell debate is just going to go away after the draft. You're clearly forgetting that they will then do their camps (who looks better?), preseason (who performs better?), and regular season, etc, etc.

The only way it's totally going to go away is if the Bengals pick does amazingly, the non-Bengals pick does terribly, Burrow stays healthy, and the Bengals have success as a team. Otherwise there's going to be some serious second guessing and what-if-ing.

If we go sewell: every time burrow gets sacked, someone is going to post chase's production versus whoever our worst receiver is.

If we go chase: every time burrow gets sacked someone is going to post how a deep threat is worthless if he can't run the length of the field in the 2 seconds burrow is vertical
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:04 PM)Benton Wrote: If we go sewell: every time burrow gets sacked, someone is going to post chase's production versus whoever our worst receiver is.

If we go chase: every time burrow gets sacked someone is going to post how a deep threat is worthless if he can't run the length of the field in the 2 seconds burrow is vertical

For the message boards... There is no win-win scenario unless chase and Seweii are both gone but then they will complain there too.

Really Who they pick is negated by the fact Zach is still coach.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 10:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Reiff said he'd be ok playing OG? I must have missed that.
I know he said he would be ok with playing RT.

(04-27-2021, 10:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Remember when there was no reason to replace Dalton until we fixed the online?  Oof.

I think we should just pick the guy Burrow wants
But unless the falcons take chase he's gotta be the pick.  Hell the idea of burrow chucking and ducking with Pitts sounds ok, too.  

Yeah I do, and after watching Burrow sit on a throne with a massive knee scar after starting his career 2-7-1, I wonder if those people were right.

And I guess we could have our QB play the role of a Doogie Howser style GM. Heck, maybe after his next knee injury, he can break out the scalpel and REALLY be Doogie Howser.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: For the message boards... There is no win-win scenario unless chase and Seweii are both gone but then they will complain there too.

Really Who they pick is negated by the fact Zach is still coach.

I would not be shocked if Atlanta trades back with Denver and Denver grabs QB #4.

Then Chase, Sewell and Pitts are available.

All the Chase or Sewell talk ends as we grab Pitts pissing off most of the board.

Me, all 3 are great choices so fine with any of them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 08:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree Chase, Sewell or Pitts works for me

Uniform debate I ignored, I could care less about uniforms. I care about winning, not looking pretty.

Here here! I'm pretty enough to worry about this team's new duds and they have had enough duds over the years..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 12:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think I'm more upset you chose a porterhouse over a NY strip.....

But a porterhouse has a strip in it...

Hard to beat a steak that is part fillet and part strip. The best steak I’ve ever had was probably the porterhouse from The Precinct.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I do, and after watching Burrow sit on a throne with a massive knee scar after starting his career 2-7-1, I wonder if those people were right.

And I guess we could have our QB play the role of a Doogie Howser style GM. Heck, maybe after his next knee injury, he can break out the scalpel and REALLY be Doogie Howser.

Now now.  He a man's man who says if you ain't scarred you ain't livin'.

BTW who thinks using throne imagery days is a good idea anyway?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 06:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Now now.  He a man's man who says if you ain't scarred you ain't livin'.

BTW who thinks using throne imagery days is a good idea anyway?

I couldn't care less about the throne or reading anything weird into that (which is such a 2021 Twitter thing to do).

I just know it looked corny. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 10:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I couldn't care less about the throne or reading anything weird into that (which is such a 2021 Twitter thing to do).

I just know it looked corny. Mellow

Corny and stupid.

The whole set was cheesy AF.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 10:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Corny and stupid.

The whole set was cheesy AF.

I agree, but they were just using what they had. That throne is from Mike Browns mancave.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree, but they were just using what they had. That throne is from Mike Browns mancave.

So...  it flushes too?!?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 01:32 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Curious to how the reactions would be if we went with Slater at 5.  There are arguments that could be made that he would be the safer pick with the more immediate impact and versatility (btw, not saying that I necessarily want us to do this).  

I think it would be a disaster.  IF QBs went 1-4, then there would be zero reason to sit at 5 and take him.  Even if Pitts went 4, taking Slater at 5 would be a major curveball,
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:04 PM)Benton Wrote: If we go sewell: every time burrow gets sacked, someone is going to post chase's production versus whoever our worst receiver is.

It's worth pointing out that drafting Sewell isn't going to guarantee Burrow doesn't get hurt.
Palmer got his knee shredded while having one of the best OLs in the league.
It just takes one bad hit, and it can come from anywhere.

Also, the dropoff from Sewell to the 2nd round OL is probably less of a dropoff compared to the difference between Chase and the 2nd round WRs, and then definitely less of a dropoff compared to the difference between Pitts and the other TEs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 01:32 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Curious to how the reactions would be if we went with Slater at 5.  There are arguments that could be made that he would be the safer pick with the more immediate impact and versatility (btw, not saying that I necessarily want us to do this).  

Kind of OT, but the name Dr. Z is a big one to live up to when talking NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree, but they were just using what they had. That throne is from Mike Browns mancave.

He'd never spring for one of those. They don't carry thrones at Big Lots anyways.
Reply/Quote
Other: The thought of Taylor returning.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kind of OT, but the name Dr. Z is a big one to live up to when talking NFL.

Lol, true. I’ve always thought that it would be assumed that it was named after him. Actually, it’s named after the maker of some of my personal favorite guitar amplifiers.
Reply/Quote