Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with this?
The NFL is reviewing the hit and Burfict should expect a FedEx package soon. I'm so glad we're this much closer to professional flag football! ****'s sake.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:18 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: The NFL is reviewing the hit and Burfict should expect a FedEx package soon. I'm so glad we're this much closer to professional flag football! ****'s sake.

The sad part is, he even told the entire world he was gonna go low this season to avoid penalties for going high.  He even met with Goddumbass....if it was gonna be an issue, they should have addressed it then. Now I know what Jets fans mean when they call it "roughing the Brady".

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If anyone here has a problem with this, then you just admitted the VonOlhoffen hit was dirty.

Reply/Quote
Truthfully I was surprised he didn't get flagged for sacking Brady. I mean, Vontaze Burfict - the NFL's problem child - hitting Tom Brady, who is coddled like he's a toddler on the field.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: If anyone here has a problem with this, then you just admitted the VonOlhoffen hit was dirty.

Not even close to the same hit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not even close to the same hit.

True. Burfict didn't roll or wrap his arm around the knee/leg (like Voh) did. He just pushed through the back of the knee. 

If he would have rolled or hit from the side, i'd be shaking my head at how dirty it was. I don't have a problem with the way he actually did it. 

If it had been against AJ Green i'd feel the same way. Not necessary, but not dirty.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:09 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: First...Faulk is correct, your serious man crush on Burfict has reached Brad V Pat level of just bat shit crazy.

Secondly, so where is the issue? If you hit a guy high, it's a flag, that means you have to hit him low. Guy turns, ball is thrown (Watch you see it fly passed him) and Burfict goes low so as not to draw a flag.

No flag...so...why are we discussing this outside of you having some man crush on the guy?

I thought he was Brad?  He's not? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

Same same but different.

Reply/Quote

(10-17-2016, 01:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True. Burfict didn't roll or wrap his arm around the knee/leg (like Voh) did. He just pushed through the back of the knee. 

If he would have rolled or hit from the side, i'd be shaking my head at how dirty it was. I don't have a problem with the way he actually did it. 

If it had been against AJ Green i'd feel the same way. Not necessary, but not dirty.

Right.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:14 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Truthfully I was surprised he didn't get flagged for sacking Brady. I mean, Vontaze Burfict - the NFL's problem child - hitting Tom Brady, who is coddled like he's a toddler on the field.

You mean the same Tom Brady that was suspended 4 games and the Patriots fined hard??
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Makes no sense to start a thread about crying about low clean hits if you felt Steelers were being attacked for low clean hits years ago.

Help us understand why you panties are soiled over this hit. You did start this stupid thread.
 Don't confuse me saying that I know the frustration of being flagged for going high, then flagged for going low as an admission that this wasn't a cheap shot. It was and clearly everyone outside of Cincinnati agrees.  

(10-17-2016, 11:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: Missing in all of this, is that Brady pump faked to Bennett first....that's why Jones was all over him, and Burfict hit him.  Burfict even apologized for the hit....it's a non story.
A fake pump isn't a free pass to hit a defender early and cheaply. He apologized because he realized how screwed he is and he's trying to cover his ass. 

(10-17-2016, 11:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: The sad part is, he even told the entire world he was gonna go low this season to avoid penalties for going high.  He even met with Goddumbass....if it was gonna be an issue, they should have addressed it then. Now I know what Jets fans mean when they call it "roughing the Brady".

It seems most Bengal fans in this thread are wrongly excusing this as him hitting low instead of high. A damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. You'd have a point if the TE would have actually caught or had a chance to catch the ball. Burfict was about a month and a half early. The ball wasn't near the TE therefore this is him diving at his knees. This was egregious. Fine is going to be epic and suspension should be on the table too. 

Edit....
The ball wasn't even thrown to Bennet. Jeebus, it's worse than I thought. He hit him for NO REASON. 

Smack talk aside for 5 minutes...tell me how you can seriously defend that? 
Reply/Quote
Since every comment from Bengals fans on every article that I read talks about Burfict "going low,"  I think that this needs its own post.....

When talking about "going low" you are referring to TACKLING a player, as in HE HAS THE BALL AND YOU ARE TRYING TO BRING HIM DOWN. This IS NOT the case here. Not only did Bennett not have the ball, he wasn't even the target of the pass.

And biting on a pump fake does not give you free reign to take a shot at someones knees because you thought that he was going to get the ball.  

Got it? 

Just about every single Bengals fan in America seems confused by this. 

Think of it as a PSA from your truly.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 08:36 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Since every comment from Bengals fans on every article that I read talks about Burfict "going low,"  I think that this needs its own post.....

When talking about "going low" you are referring to TACKLING a player, as in HE HAS THE BALL AND YOU ARE TRYING TO BRING HIM DOWN. This IS NOT the case here. Not only did Bennett not have the ball, he wasn't even the target of the pass.

And biting on a pump fake does not give you free reign to take a shot at someones knees because you thought that he was going to get the ball.  

Got it? 

Just about every single Bengals fan in America seems confused by this. 

Think of it as a PSA from your truly.  Wink

From your truly WHAT or do we even wanna know?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 08:45 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: From your truly WHAT or do we even wanna know?

When you cannot dispute facts, whip out your Spelling Police badge.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 07:57 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote:  

Smack talk aside for 5 minutes...tell me how you can seriously defend that? 

All the rest of your post i was pretty much, "meh". 

Then i read this and it sent me into a frothy rage  Rant . 

The last thing i ever want to see in my life is a Steelers fan asking that question. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: All the rest of your post i was pretty much, "meh". 

The last thing i ever want to see in my life is a Steelers fan asking that question. 

What do you want me to defend?

Mitchell? He's made some cheap shots for sure. He's a liability. He drew another PF Sunday when he stupidly gave the RB a little extra shove when he was OOB.

Shazier? Yep, I don't understand why that wasn't a penalty.

Burfict? Tackle of Leveon last year was clean. Sack of Ben was clean although he gave him a little extra business when he was getting up, but meh.

Wallace? Hot head who shouldn't have fisted that guy. Also remember a cheap shot on one of Denvers players last year that Yizners tried to defend. 

Is that good enough or are you going to quiz me on every single personal foul call going back to 2000? 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: All the rest of your post i was pretty much, "meh". 

Oh and if an anonymous fan on a MB sends you into a frothy rage, you need to be medicated.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:09 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Is that good enough or are you going to quiz me on every single personal foul call going back to 2000? 

Make in 1983 when Keith Gary tried to rip Ken Anderson's head off and you got a deal.  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
Ruh-roh

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/788157960010825728/video/1
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:10 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Oh and if an anonymous fan on a MB sends you into a frothy rage, you need to be medicated.  Wink

Hmmmm. You got anything?  Big Grin

Reply/Quote