Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Who’s the guy you want in the first.
(03-25-2023, 07:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: What would they do with him?  They have Sewell and Decker.

Somebody else pointed that out. I changed to still working it by throwing in our second.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
No love for Joe (just the) Tippman?
I keep seeing the Wisconsin guard a few spots above our pick.
Guards tend to fall in drafts. WI lineman..

I could see the tackles taken as they are a high commodity.
I think we'll be picking from a guard, tight end, running back or possibly a corner, boom/bust edge player, or DT.
But those first 3 positions tend to fall in 1st rounds of drafts. Safeties too, but we got a couple last year and I heard someone say this isn't as good of a year for safeties.

We're definitley sitting at a BPA spot. Hard to tell how things will fall in the second half of the 1st round.
We could use a guard as our backups are terrible.
Are we really sold on our starting left guard (and our RG is coming off a big injury)?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Now's your chance to influence the organization. I'm sure they'll take any tweets into consideration. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Darnell Wright-ROT-Tennessee
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 12:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote:
Now's your chance to influence the organization. I'm sure they'll take any tweets into consideration.  Hilarious

(03-27-2023, 05:41 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Darnell Wright-ROT-Tennessee

Wright is my guy, but if he is gone, I am warming up to the other Darnell who is also a badazz blocker.
Reply/Quote
Years like these are fun because the core of the roster is solidly in place for 2023 and the Bengals are just looking to find good players.

There really isn't a wrong answer at #28 position group wise.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I admittedly geek out over RBs like Robinson and Gibbs and equally get excited about TEs such as Mayer and Washington, but I'm now all in on protecting Burrow. Keep Mixon and draft a TE in rounds 2-4.

At pick 28 I think there is a likelihood Darnell Wright or Anton Harrison are available. Draft one to play RT.
Reply/Quote
Darnell Washington - man among boys.  Devastating blocker both inline and in space.  Great hands.  Just a great target for third down and the red zone.  His film is amazing.   Saw him catch a pass facing the QB on the edge and the safety ran full tilt into him for the tackle with a 5 yard sprinting start.   The safety bounced a full 3-5 yards backwards and looked dazed.

I think between Jonah, Carmen and Ford we will have a good starting right tackle with good depth.  The line is good for this year.

I'd follow that with Tajae Spears in the 2nd (won't be there in the 3rd).  Guy can do it all.   I have not seen it, but I hear his blitz pickups are good and I've seen his running and catching.   He is elite at both with amazing acceleration.  

Karl Brooks in the 3rd as a 3 technique

Hunter Luepke fullback out of North Dakota State.   Good runner, great receiver and a stud blocker.   Our running game would be amazing.  And both he and Spears can block or catch so not as predictable as it might seem with both on the field.

and BPA for the last 3 picks.

That would check all my necessary boxes really.   I want our offense to be unstoppable.  Add Washington, Spears and Luepke to our current offense and offseason acquisitions and it will be really, really hard to stop us
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 02:20 PM)3wt Wrote: Darnell Washington - man among boys.  Devastating blocker both inline and in space.  Great hands.  Just a great target for third down and the red zone.  His film is amazing.   Saw him catch a pass facing the QB on the edge and the safety ran full tilt into him for the tackle with a 5 yard sprinting start.   The safety bounced a full 3-5 yards backwards and looked dazed.

I think between Jonah, Carmen and Ford we will have a good starting right tackle with good depth.  The line is good for this year.

I'd follow that with Tajae Spears in the 2nd (won't be there in the 3rd).  Guy can do it all.   I have not seen it, but I hear his blitz pickups are good and I've seen his running and catching.   He is elite at both with amazing acceleration.  

Karl Brooks in the 3rd as a 3 technique

Hunter Luepke fullback out of North Dakota State.   Good runner, great receiver and a stud blocker.   Our running game would be amazing.  And both he and Spears can block or catch so not as predictable as it might seem with both on the field.

and BPA for the last 3 picks.

That would check all my necessary boxes really.   I want our offense to be unstoppable.  Add Washington, Spears and Luepke to our current offense and offseason acquisitions and it will be really, really hard to stop us

Feel the same about Darnell Washington, he is my pick right now if Darnell Wright is gone. The upside is truly the sky with him, he 
would immediately help with blocking and like you said, he has great hands, he just needs to work on his route tree. Just saw we are 
talking to Tyjae Spears who is also my guy after Bijan. 

You may be right and Spears won't make it to the 3rd where I was thinking of before. Need a 3-tech, all for Brooks. I think we ought 
to draft a Corner in this deep class before a FB though. Agree with everything else. Nice post.
Reply/Quote
My top realistic 10 are:
1. Darnell Wright
2. Calijah Kancey
3. Deonte Banks
4. Emmanuel Forbes
5. Michael Mayer
6. Dalton Kincaid
7. Anton Harrison
8. Bijan Robinson 
9. Jahmyr Gibbs
10. Zay Flowers

I'd start listening to trade offers if #1, #2 and #3 are not there.

This is assuming Broderick Jones and Jaxon Smith-Njigba are gone.

I also like Darnell Washington, but I am just worried that TE is already a slowly developing position in terms of year 1 impact, and Washington is raw enough as a receiver that I wonder if he'd have any impact on the passing game at all in year 1. For that reason, he fell just off the list at #11.

Obviously if a Paris Johnson Jr or Peter Skoronski is there, they'd be top of the list, but I kind of filtered my list down to who I think could potentially be there.
Reply/Quote
Tried to find a better thread to put this, but this was the first one I found that I thought was relevant.

With just 2 weeks to the draft, I have to say I still think these early picks are still so completely up in the air when it comes to trying to guess which position or especially player.

Last year, it was arguably easier to predict, as we knew the Bengals needed a safety for impending Bates departure.
This year, I think it could go quite a few ways.
CB - Awuzie and Jones are in a contract year, plus Awuzie is recovering from big injury. A starting CB of the future may be a good selection.

TE - Irv Smith also in a contract year, and he's not been great even before. I wouldn't be surprised if the team just considers Smith a stopgap and wants to find their long-term TE in the draft. TE2 never got filled, so I expect TE to get taken no later than Round 4...but how early will it be?

OT - Bengals still have Jonah, but he's in a contract year, as is Ford. Collins can't stay healthy and wasn't overly good when he played last year. Carman hasn't played on the right side. But do the Bengals think they have their long-term RT on the roster? Do they even have room to add another OT with so many already on the roster?

DL - Bengals added Basham for the edge, but they have him, Reader, and Tupou in contract years. They also might feel an added pass rusher is what they need to really turn this defense into an above-average pass rush. It's easy to say just keep Reader for NT, but he's expensive and might not be able to be kept with impending Burrow, Chase, and Higgins(?) extensions in the works. Who plays NT after this year?

RB - All signs point to Mixon not being on the team next year, if not this year. He carries too high of a cap hit for a non-rush-focal team and he can't pass block. With essentially the RB depth being Trayveon Williams and Chris Evans, the Bengals are highly expected to take a RB early. How early will that be, especially given how RB has been devalued across the league?

WR - A dark horse in the race, but they haven't yet gotten Higgins extended, and they likely aren't keeping Boyd after this season. Both are in contract years. Bengals might choose to prep a year early for a departure of a starter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 11:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Tried to find a better thread to put this, but this was the first one I found that I thought was relevant.

With just 2 weeks to the draft, I have to say I still think these early picks are still so completely up in the air when it comes to trying to guess which position or especially player.

Last year, it was arguably easier to predict, as we knew the Bengals needed a safety for impending Bates departure.
This year, I think it could go quite a few ways.
CB - Awuzie and Jones are in a contract year, plus Awuzie is recovering from big injury. A starting CB of the future may be a good selection.

TE - Irv Smith also in a contract year, and he's not been great even before. I wouldn't be surprised if the team just considers Smith a stopgap and wants to find their long-term TE in the draft. TE2 never got filled, so I expect TE to get taken no later than Round 4...but how early will it be?

OT - Bengals still have Jonah, but he's in a contract year, as is Ford. Collins can't stay healthy and wasn't overly good when he played last year. Carman hasn't played on the right side. But do the Bengals think they have their long-term RT on the roster? Do they even have room to add another OT with so many already on the roster?

DL - Bengals added Basham for the edge, but they have him, Reader, and Tupou in contract years. They also might feel an added pass rusher is what they need to really turn this defense into an above-average pass rush. It's easy to say just keep Reader for NT, but he's expensive and might not be able to be kept with impending Burrow, Chase, and Higgins(?) extensions in the works. Who plays NT after this year?

RB - All signs point to Mixon not being on the team next year, if not this year. He carries too high of a cap hit for a non-rush-focal team and he can't pass block. With essentially the RB depth being Trayveon Williams and Chris Evans, the Bengals are highly expected to take a RB early. How early will that be, especially given how RB has been devalued across the league?

WR - A dark horse in the race, but they haven't yet gotten Higgins extended, and they likely aren't keeping Boyd after this season. Both are in contract years. Bengals might choose to prep a year early for a departure of a starter.

It may just come down to which player falls to them (or gets close enough for a small trade up to go get them) that has the best and clearest first round Traits.

I remember some Analysts saying that Dax Hill had Top 15 traits but slipped to the later part of round one because he was a Safety and other NFL Teams (besides the Ravens at pick 14 with Kyle Hamilton) were prioritizing other positions.

The Bengals may have a player or two at each position that you mention and just wait to see if one of their guys slips to their pick or gets close enough for a small trade up should only one of their guys remain on the Board at some point.
Reply/Quote
Assuming Kancey isn’t there, dawand jones and it’s not close
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 01:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Assuming Kancey isn’t there, dawand jones and it’s not close

Even with Jones avoiding all drills? Nah, that is a big no no for me in the first. But if we take him I will assume Pollack has looked at him
and would be okay with the pick...

In the 2nd Round lol

My guy right now is Darnell Washington, followed by the other Darnell, but if Bijan Robinson falls to us I think he is the pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 12:54 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

It may just come down to which player falls to them (or gets close enough for a small trade up to go get them) that has the best and clearest first round Traits.

I remember some Analysts saying that Dax Hill had Top 15 traits but slipped to the later part of round one because he was a Safety and other NFL Teams (besides the Ravens at pick 14 with Kyle Hamilton) were prioritizing other positions.

The Bengals may have a player or two at each position that you mention and just wait to see if one of their guys slips to their pick or gets close enough for a small trade up should only one of their guys remain on the Board at some point.

It very well could, but it makes it damn hard for me and others to try to predict in mocks haha
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Even with Jones avoiding all drills? Nah, that is a big no no for me in the first. But if we take him I will assume Pollack has looked at him
and would be okay with the pick...

In the 2nd Round lol

My guy right now is Darnell Washington, followed by the other Darnell, but if Bijan Robinson falls to us I think he is the pick.

For me personally, it's:
Deonte Banks
Emmanuel Forbes (needs to add weight back though)
Michael Mayer
Darnell Washington

I'd be willing to gamble on Kancey being close to Atkins/Donald, but I'm not sure the coaches/FO will want a small DT like that, especially if mainly wanting an heir to Reader.
If Bijan Robinson, Cam Smith, or one of Broderick Jones/Paris Johnson/Peter Skoronski happens to fall, I'd probably go that route instead though.
Quentin Johnston, JSN, or Jordan Addison also appealing.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 02:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For me personally, it's:
Deonte Banks
Emmanuel Forbes (needs to add weight back though)
Michael Mayer
Darnell Washington

I'd be willing to gamble on Kancey being close to Atkins/Donald, but I'm not sure the coaches/FO will want a small DT like that, especially if mainly wanting an heir to Reader.
If Bijan Robinson, Cam Smith, or one of Broderick Jones/Paris Johnson/Peter Skoronski happens to fall, I'd probably go that route instead though.
Quentin Johnston, JSN, or Jordan Addison also appealing.

Nice, just assuming Banks doesn't fall to us, would LOVE that pick. Forbes is so small, I would wait till the 2nd or trade down out
of the first and pick him. I would be okay with Kancey, but the short arms concern me. Would be awesome if any of those guys fell
to us, Cam Smith, Broderick, Paris, Skoronski, Quentin, JSN or Addison but I find it highly unlikely. So I am just going off of my fave
that should fall to us and that is DW even though I like Mayer.

I like all the guys you mentioned. Just did my 3rd mock, check it out, I like it a heck of a lot better than my 2nd...
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, just assuming Banks doesn't fall to us, would LOVE that pick. Forbes is so small, I would wait till the 2nd or trade down out
of the first and pick him. I would be okay with Kancey, but the short arms concern me. Would be awesome if any of those guys fell
to us, Cam Smith, Broderick, Paris, Skoronski, Quentin, JSN or Addison but I find it highly unlikely. So I am just going off of my fave
that should fall to us and that is DW even though I like Mayer.

I like all the guys you mentioned. Just did my 3rd mock, check it out, I like it a heck of a lot better than my 2nd...

Forbes is small right now but he played at 180 in college.
6'1" and 180 is fine to be.

Dude averaged 50 tackles, 7 PDs, and 5 INTs each season in college.
My main worry with Forbes other than getting back to a good playing weight is can it be coached out of him to not have to always try to go for the big play and risk allowing huge gains if that gamble doesn't pay off?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Darnell Wright
Trade back
Michael Mayer
Darnell Washington
Deonte Banks
Emmanuel Forbes
Mazi Smith

Trade back Targets in Order
Darnell Washington
Mathew Bergeron
Dalton Kincaid
Jahmyr Gibbs
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 02:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Forbes is small right now but he played at 180 in college.
6'1" and 180 is fine to be.

Dude averaged 50 tackles, 7 PDs, and 5 INTs each season in college.
My main worry with Forbes other than getting back to a good playing weight is can it be coached out of him to not have to always try to go for the big play and risk allowing huge gains if that gamble doesn't pay off?

180 pounds is still light and he was only 166 pounds the last time he was weighed. Good player though, Forbes actually played a lot
like CTB did in college, as you say really aggressive. CTB seemed to iron that out of his game as a rookie. I just would rather trade back
and pick Forbes because of the weight concerns. 166 pounds is crazy light even for a Corner.
Reply/Quote