Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Do You Blame?
I thought Dre played a hell of a game for the most part.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Geno Atkins Holding call...

I believe Geno was held not holding... Should have pushed them back 10 no placed them on the 1
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Geno Atkins Holding call...

I believe Geno was held not holding... Should have pushed them back 10 no placed them on the 1

That call was a farce no doubt. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I blame the Steelers for being a better team and I blame Ben for being a HOF QB who has had our number since day one.

I do not blame the Bengals for shooting themselves in the foot or losing their cool because they didn't do either. And that in itself is a major big deal that will reveal itself at a later date, after all the silly anger has passed away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Geno Atkins Holding call...

Know doubt! I completely don't understand where that call came from??? Total BS!.

Tackling is high on the list for why we didn't win. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dre made a lot of big plays.  That 5 yard penalty hurt because it gave the Steelers a first down, but it was not what decided the game.

.....and it was a questionable call.  Furthermore, had the hold on MJ been called, you have offsetting penalties and it's still 3rd and 10.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I blame too many dropped passes and not enough pressure on Ben.

No real problem with the clock management.  First and ten at the eleven we might need as many as 8 plays to get into end zone.  Even with 2 time outs we needed to be careful with time.  We did not want to get in a position where we had to throw on short yardage situations.

I agree partly with this.  No pressure on Ben I think was the number one reason.  I don't think I saw even one pressure, but I'd have to re-watch the game to be sure.  
The problem I had with the clock management on what should have been our final drive was that even if you used all 8 plays, they had 2 time outs and they could've even spiked the ball if needed.  We weren't getting the ball back, as this was the last chance to win.
Either way, to allow the Steelers enough time, with 3 time outs, to drive it 40 yards (assuming they return to the 25) in 4 down territory, was a mistake.  Big Ben is just too good at that game and he beat us at it as he's done to many others over the years.

I mean, was anyone really surprised that they drove right down the field in that situation?  

Did anyone not look at the 1:18 remaining and think, "That's way too much time."? 
It was the first thing that went through my mind.

The silver lining in all of this, is that we play them the last game of the year and I hope to god it's for all the marbles.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought Dre played a hell of a game for the most part.

Agreed. Seems like he broke up a lot of deep passes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Refs are gonna ref for the Steelers, we all know that.

So them aside, I blame Marvin. 4th and 1 from the Steelers 40 and you punt. Then terrible clock management on the Bengals TD drive had Marvin written all over it.

EVERYONE on here start a thread to fire marvin and for sure Austin,he is a joke and marvin does not know how to call a game and adjust to clock management,the stoolers are laughing their asses off.what a stinkin joke this franchise is.please start yelling at the top of your lungs to fire his ass.you must never lose to the stoolers,what a joke,the nfl news pundits are all saying marvin blew this game by poor clock management and punting on 4th and 1.HE has to go and someone fire this Austin,the dc we had before was 10 times better than this idiot.the stoolers are laughing their ass off.we just gave them the division and you can blame marvin lewis for this
Reply/Quote
Marvin. He’s a Steelers’ fan. He probably has a Terrible Towel in his back pocket.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:09 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: The problem I had with the clock management on what should have been our final drive was that even if you used all 8 plays, they had 2 time outs and they could've even spiked the ball if needed.  We weren't getting the ball back, as this was the last chance to win.

We had score zero points the entire second half.  To suggest that we should have thrown away a few plays instead of trying to score a td is ridiculous.

What if we get a first down inside the one.  That is no place to be throwing every down.  We needed to make sure we had enough time to call running plays.
Reply/Quote
I blame myself. When I watch on TV or go to a game..we lose. When I listen to them on the radio, they win. Fear not fellow fans, I won't make that mistake again. From now on, Steeler Sundays will be spent gaming or fishing, with Dave on the radio.

I'm thinking of maybe performing ancient pagan rites and sacrifices to rid us of the evil spirits that roam the grounds of Heinz Field West. But I'm not sure a chicken or a goat is gonna get the job done. Bigger curses require bigger and better sacrifices. Maybe the Cincinnati Zoo has a rhino or an elephant they would be willing to part with?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:05 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I blame myself. When I watch on TV or go to a game..we lose. When I listen to them on the radio, they win. Fear not fellow fans, I won't make that mistake again. From now on, Steeler Sundays will be spent gaming or fishing, with Dave on the radio.

I'm thinking of maybe performing ancient pagan rites and sacrifices to rid us of the evil spirits that roam the grounds of Heinz Field West. But I'm not sure a chicken or a goat is gonna get the job done. Bigger curses require bigger and better sacrifices. Maybe the Cincinnati Zoo has a rhino or an elephant they would be willing to part with?

You.....it was you! Pissed

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 04:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We had score zero points the entire second half.  To suggest that we should have thrown away a few plays instead of trying to score a td is ridiculous.
I never said throw away a few plays, I said we could spike the ball and stop the clock if it came down to it which would mean we had probably gained a first down and were inside the two(?) and had burned both of our time outs by then.

Nevertheless, here's what a couple guys that played in that game had to say about the clock management.

“You can look at it now and say we could have taken up more time,” said Dalton. “but I don’t think teams will think about it in real time. It’s unfortunate we left too much time.”

“When they scored, to look up and see three dots (timeouts) by our name and 1:22, if they’re going to score, score now so they can give us some time,” Roethlisberger said.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:04 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The receivers could not catch the ball. Too much time left on the clock on the last TD allowing the Steelers to score. The Refs called a good game. I personally am going to blame Donald Trump. He did not make the Bengals great again. Sound ridiculous? Lets just say we got our asses whooped by the Steelers.

That is an easy question to answer,the super dumbass coaching staff,especially giggles marvin bad bad coach lewis.this Austin dude is terrible.he needs fired now,until all of you stop going down their and wasting your money,nothing will happen,its going to be another loseing season,i see an 8 and 8 team.the players are not good enough to win,just and 8 and 8 team,this 0-LINE IS average and our d-line is awlful.no sacks at all and Dalton gets hammered 5 fruging times.think about how insane that is. no killer instinct at all.they are going to lose bigtime to the chiefs,the saints,the stoolers last game,and probably the browns at their place.not enough good players.just average.its horrible to watch this team try to compete against top teams.they will lose to the chiefs by 3 plus scores.its going to be a blood bath.mike brown,please retire and take giggles with you.I want a real killer team in here and its not going to happen.50 losing seasons and counting.I so hate the stoolers and losing to them every year.what a stinkin joke this is.these so called players are so used to losing they just accept it and cash their big checks. ThumbsUp Hilarious the fans are the joke to them.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:20 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I never said throw away a few plays, I said we could spike the ball and stop the clock if it came down to it which would mean we had probably gained a first down and were inside the two(?) and had burned both of our time outs by then.

Nevertheless, here's what a couple guys that played in that game had to say about the clock management.

“You can look at it now and say we could have taken up more time,” said Dalton. “but I don’t think teams will think about it in real time. It’s unfortunate we left too much time.”

“When they scored, to look up and see three dots (timeouts) by our name and 1:22, if they’re going to score, score now so they can give us some time,” Roethlisberger said.

Right.  Dalton agrees with me.

Everyone is a coaching genius NOW after seeing how every played worked out, but in REAL TIME teams can't think like that.  That is why so many fans think they are smarter than NFL coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:20 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I never said throw away a few plays, I said we could spike the ball and stop the clock

Spiking the ball is throwing away a play.

Bet you thought the Steelers were going to get a TD when they were at our 1 yard line also, right?
Reply/Quote
Bottom line is that priority #1, 2 and 3 was to put the ball in the EZ and get that lead.

Thinking about how much time you're leaving would just hinder your offense.

Instead of blaming the offense that put us ahead, maybe we should be looking at the defense that couldn't get a stop.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right.  Dalton agrees with me.

Everyone is a coaching genius NOW after seeing how every played worked out, but in REAL TIME teams can't think like that.  That is why so many fans think they are smarter than NFL coaches.

Total agreement with you Fred
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bottom line is that priority #1, 2 and 3 was to put the ball in the EZ and get that lead.

Thinking about how much time you're leaving would just hinder your offense.

Instead of blaming the offense that put us ahead, maybe we should be looking at the defense that couldn't get a stop.

This is just mind blowing! Fans blaming the offense for scoring the go ahead TD when they had the Steeler's D on their heals! It was defense's job to shut them down and this week they failed, end of story!
Reply/Quote