Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think the next HC will be, not who do you want it to be...
My honest opinion is that Brown ends up hiring a coordinator that coordinated a good offense/defense this past season and that has no head coaching experience. Which one that ends up being, I couldn't tell you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 11:39 AM)jj22 Wrote: They got Dorsey and it's the best move the Browns have made in a decade. I think this move will bring them out the gutter. I have to applaud the move. They are headed in the right direction.

Yeah I am surprised he took this one. Wonder if there is a short leash on Hue or if Haslam is just worried he will quickly be hired here and hen he has to face him and possible look stupid.
Reply/Quote
Just throwing this out there... Is there a former Bengals player that would be a good HC?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 11:32 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Just throwing this out there...  Is there a former Bengals player that would be a good HC?

Usually average players make better coaches, so its possible. Mike Brown doesn't part on the best terms with our better players. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
matt patricias face after that bootleg by cutler..... I want a coach who looks disgusted by good plays against their team instead of clappy.
Reply/Quote
He's a Cincinnati native
He's a member of MENSA
He's worked at OSU
He's got a smoking hot wife........................................

He is Tom Herman

Psych, we don't pay like the Longhorns
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My honest opinion is that Brown ends up hiring a coordinator that coordinated a good offense/defense this past season and that has no head coaching experience. Which one that ends up being, I couldn't tell you.

I'm with you and I really think it's going to be Patricia from New England and I am all good with that. They guy looks pissed every time his team fails to make a play, and his players love him and play hard for him. If he can come in here and pick his staff, it might be a good fit.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Lewis or Guenther.

This ownership is not original enough to come up with anything else.
Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 02:33 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The more I start to think about this, the more I think Mike Vrabel will be our next coach.

He's played in New England, has done a great job as DC in Houston and has some Ohio ties being a Buckeye.

He's highly thought of around the league and I think he would put together a pretty good staff as well.

And even more important, he saw firsthand the difference that a good rookie QB can make on a team.

This could be a good pick

Please hire someone outside of organization who comes from a super bowl winning background and give him authority to hire his own staff.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 12:27 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm with you and I really think it's going to be Patricia from New England and I am all good with that. They guy looks pissed every time his team fails to make a play, and his players love him and play hard for him. If he can come in here and pick his staff, it might be a good fit.

From the way you guys talk about him, I'm starting to want it to be Patricia, too.

(12-12-2017, 10:12 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Lewis or Guenther.

This ownership is not original enough to come up with anything else.

The hiring of Merv says otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 11:50 AM)Synric Wrote: Jay Gruden

I would love this..... if Washington let’s him go I would hope Mike is on the phone with him quicksmart.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 12:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would love this.....   if Washington let’s him go I would hope Mike is on the phone with him quicksmart.

NO FORMER BENGAL COACHES! :angry:
Reply/Quote
Mo Egger suggested Todd Haley, and I honestly don't hate that suggestion. Tired of being Pittsburgh's *****? Want to play with their intensity? Poach one of their coaches.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 12:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would love this.....   if Washington let’s him go I would hope Mike is on the phone with him quicksmart.

(12-12-2017, 12:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: NO FORMER BENGAL COACHES! :angry:

I would also like to see Jay Gruden back in Cincy. He knows the Front Office, the coaching staff, and alot of the players. Jay is a good offense coach that I believe has a decent eye for talent. Also...while his brother is in the booth the Bengals get another scout for free lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
When trying to figure out who the Bengals might be interested in if Marvin doesn't return, and keeping it fairly realistic, I could see any of these guys getting interviews:

(It seems like Hue is staying in Cleveland, but even if that changes and he's let fo, I still don't think he'll be in consideration here, despite the conjecture otherwise.)

Paul Guenther
Bill Lazor
Pat Shurmur
Frank Reich
Todd Haley
Pete Carmichael
Matt LeFleur
Jay Gruden (if fired)
Vance Joseph (if fired)

Just curious, out of this list, who would be your pick?
Reply/Quote
I just want an outside hire. This organization desperately needs fresh blood.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When trying to figure out who the Bengals might be interested in if Marvin doesn't return, and keeping it fairly realistic, I could see any of these guys getting interviews:

(It seems like Hue is staying in Cleveland, but even if that changes and he's let fo, I still don't think he'll be in consideration here, despite the conjecture otherwise.)

Paul Guenther
Bill Lazor
Pat Shurmur
Frank Reich
Todd Haley
Pete Carmichael
Matt LeFleur
Jay Gruden (if fired)
Vance Joseph (if fired)

Darkhorse! Darrin Simmons

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 11:07 PM)Utts Wrote: No way these guys hold those jobs this long, unless they are good at what the do. Belichick is not going to accept anything less than excellence. I'm not saying they ARE Belicheck, just saying they have great credentials as HC candidates.

By those standards, all these guys had great credentials as well:

Romeo Crennel: 28-55 (.337) as HC
Josh McDaniels: 11-17 (.393) as HC - Rams offense finished dead last with him as OC
Charlie Weiss: 41-49 (.456) as HC at Notre Dame and Kansas - Notre Dame loved him so much they paid $19 million buyout to have him not coach
Eric Mangini: 33-47 (.413) as HC
Rob Ryan: Never promoted to HC - Mediocre at best as a DC
Bill O'Brien: 31-30 (.508) as NFL HC - 15-9 (.625) as HC at Penn State
George Godsey: Awful as OC in Houston
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When trying to figure out who the Bengals might be interested in if Marvin doesn't return, and keeping it fairly realistic, I could see any of these guys getting interviews:

Paul Guenther
Bill Lazor
Pat Shurmur
Frank Reich
Todd Haley
Pete Carmichael
Matt LeFleur
Jay Gruden (if fired)
Vance Joseph (if fired)

Pleeeeeeease let this happen. He's familar with the team, the key players, Mike Brown, and he's the offensive mind we need. 

Plus he's been a HC...a decent one at that, while dealing with a meddling owner.

He'd be the only current or former Bengals coach I'd be interested in, outside of Zimmer, but of course Zimmer is staying put.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote