Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who gets cut when Tez comes back ?
Who gets cut when Tez comes back ?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 08:51 AM)iamjed Wrote: Who gets cut when Tez comes back ?

What makes you think that Burdict is coming back?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This came around once before but I didn't see what became the consensus.  There are not many players with PS eligibility.  I would say the lowest rated LB would be Chris Carter, although we all liked his unique pass rushing abilities he is the one that is probably the least versatile doing other things.  Lamur would be next on my list.  

I don't really see another position group that I would go "light" on since the DBs are so critical on special teams.

That being said, I am in the camp that they will not rush him (or Ogbeuhi) and he could have several more weeks of preparation before a roster move is needed. 
Reply/Quote
It will be someone like Little when Burfict does return, whenever that may be.

I believe our very own Jim O has talked about this on here.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 08:58 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It will be someone like Little when Burfict does return, whenever that may be.

I believe our very own Jim O has talked about this on here.

Yeah, they'll cut someone who doesn't dress for games. Lamur and Carter are suiting up every Sunday. Little is as safe a cut as you can make, I think. He doesn't contribute on Sundays, and stands the best shot of being available for a resign if we need him.

Guys like Alford are tough to cut because there's a real shot they don't make it to the practice squad... We've hit the point in the season in which some teams are already forced to look to next year. They'll be looking to take flyers on any young talent that shakes free. Little has baggage that might keep him available. Alford, I think, is full of the kind of potential other teams will want to take for a spin.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 09:49 AM)gobobro Wrote: Yeah, they'll cut someone who doesn't dress for games. Lamur and Carter are suiting up every Sunday. Little is as safe a cut as you can make, I think. He doesn't contribute on Sundays, and stands the best shot of being available for a resign if we need him.

Guys like Alford are tough to cut because there's a real shot they don't make it to the practice squad... We've hit the point in the season in which some teams are already forced to look to next year. They'll be looking to take flyers on any young talent that shakes free. Little has baggage that might keep him available. Alford, I think, is full of the kind of potential other teams will want to take for a spin.

Alford has potential if his abilities can eventually translate to the NFL level.

Little has already had plenty of time, and while he looked okay in preseason, so did a lot of other mediocre or worse players. Assuming our WRs and D-line is healthy and at 100%, I wouldn't be surprised to see them end the Hunt experiment or more likely just cut Little.

As you said and I mentioned it in different threads, there's no possible way they cut someone that has been regularly active on game day. There are a few guys that I don't believe have been activated once, and Hunt and Little are two of them (that I can remember at least).
Reply/Quote
Hunt's disappointing. He seems to have everything but the passion to... to commit violence on the opponent? Whatever it is that drives defensive talent to be great, he just hasn't shown it.
Reply/Quote
Lapham suggested AJ Hawk. He doesn't play special teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 10:11 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Lapham suggested AJ Hawk.  He doesn't play special teams.

He doesn't play defense much either :snark:

Seriously though, here are the snap count percentages through 6 games of guys that haven't played 50% of defensive snaps.

Lamur - 43.6%
Hawk - 27.2%
Carter - 15%
Dawson - 2%

ST snaps....

Lamur - 62%
Hawk - 3.5%
Carter - 69%
Dawson - 64.3%

Hawk just isn't very useful. Dawson is obviously going to be kept around for future potential and the others have a strong ST presence. I can see where Hawk could be the odd man out if they do want to get rid of an LB instead of dline/WR when Burfict does return.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 10:18 AM)djs7685 Wrote: He doesn't play defense much either :snark:

Seriously though, here are the snap count percentages through 6 games of guys that haven't played 50% of defensive snaps.

Lamur - 43.6%
Hawk - 27.2%
Carter - 15%
Dawson - 2%

ST snaps....

Lamur - 62%
Hawk - 3.5%
Carter - 69%
Dawson - 64.3%

Hawk just isn't very useful. Dawson is obviously going to be kept around for future potential and the others have a strong ST presence. I can see where Hawk could be the odd man out if they do want to get rid of an LB instead of dline/WR when Burfict does return.

I read an article the other day that said, besides not being on the field very much, Hawk is ranked something like 120 out of 150 linebackers.  This is going to piss off a lot of OSU supporters, but I think his best days are behind him.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 10:18 AM)djs7685 Wrote: He doesn't play defense much either :snark:

Lamur - 43.6%
Hawk - 27.2%
Carter - 15%
Dawson - 2%

ST snaps....

Lamur - 62%
Hawk - 3.5%
Carter - 69%
Dawson - 64.3%

Hawk is doing about what I expected him to do when the team signed him.  
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 10:31 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Hawk is doing about what I expected him to do when the team signed him.  

I thought you were one that said it was a "good" signing and that he would actually be playing? I may be confusing you with somebody else though, so my apologies if that's wrong. I just could have sworn that you said that he's better than anyone other than Burfict out of our LBs.

FWIW, I thought he'd be better than he has been.
Reply/Quote
It will be a young LB whose contract is not guarenteed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Idc i just want Tez healthy
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 08:51 AM)iamjed Wrote: Who gets cut when Tez comes back ?

I would keep Little and let Chris Lewis Harris go. I thing Shaw could see a bigger role if necessary.
Reply/Quote
There's time.

I bet someone goes to IR and that may be the move, if anything. Hawk's experience would be nice if Vinny or Rey M went down before Vontaze was fully back, but that's about it. No Buckeye fans are going to shed a tear (myself included), he's just not great.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 10:30 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I read an article the other day that said, besides not being on the field very much, Hawk is ranked something like 120 out of 150 linebackers.  This is going to piss off a lot of OSU supporters, but I think his best days are behind him.

hes basically this years james harrison. Only in on obvious run downs. i guess he could be an option hate to see it but whatever helps the team the most.
Reply/Quote
Free agents just don't work out sometimes. I'm glad we're drafting well.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 08:54 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: What makes you think that Burdict is coming back?

Bingo.

The more things stay grey area the more I start to expect that high LB draft pick next year.
I don't want to be negative but all the smoke and mirrors since the initial surgery are concerning.
Reply/Quote
I would go with Hunt because he hasn't played at all this season and were pretty deep on the line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote