Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who gets cut when Tez comes back ?
I know this is a message board where opinions are different and debate is needed, but please keep things civil.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 04:00 PM)tigerseye Wrote: I think hunt and little are depth and alford is just potiential at this point. During the season I think depth trumps potiential. He would clear wavers to the ps.

Who gets cut from PS to make room for Alford ?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 05:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't get it? You are the one saying a guy who is inactive for 7 games, ineffective every other time he plays is going to make the team outta nowhere and get 35 snaps. 

He was in position to make the play. He let the TE prevent that. That's considered a win block by the TE. 
You can't say Thompson got "washed out" then say Hunt did a good job. 
They both lost their blocks there. Make a ***** play. 

That's right.  He is inactive for at least seven games and it was a close finish between him and Clarke.  Although I like Clarke, I am still somewhat surprised they went with him over Hunt.  However, given the fact that Hunt was coming off an injury and he would be up for a contract at the end of the season, I understand it.

And yes, I do believe he would step in and get 35 snaps if Dunlap were out injured.  It is his best position and he could leave the rest of the line intact. 

I can say Thompson got washed out, when that is what happened.  He was pushed 3 yards upfield.  Hunt was not moved out of his spot.  If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

As far as making a play goes, in his limited action last year after injury, he did get the only sack of Luck from our defense. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 11:41 PM)SFmajor Wrote: Who gets cut from PS to make room for Alford ?

I'd say the one of the two running backs. I'd keep Watson I thought he had better feet and explosion, but Wilder is more versitle for the PS playing RB, FB, and LB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
When we consistently put two WRs on the inactive list, it has to come down to one of those guys. That's an indicator of the depth we have at that position.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
listened to Lap & Hoard yesterday    Lap is sure Little will be cut when Tez is back      hopefully we stay healthy at WR and we wont need him
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 05:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He shouldn't just turn the play back inside when blocked by a TE. He should end the play. 
It's a zone run. The cut back is always supposed to be there. He shouldn't be negated by a TE that easily. 

Oh look  #1 is back.
It was specific to the game at hand when I originally posted them.
Again, I never said those specific 8 plays. 
His career says he sucks. But hey, whatever . 

Go on more about how formations don't matter when running. 

I don't get it? You are the one saying a guy who is inactive for 7 games, ineffective every other time he plays is going to make the team outta nowhere and get 35 snaps. 

He was in position to make the play. He let the TE prevent that. That's considered a win block by the TE. 
You can't say Thompson got "washed out" then say Hunt did a good job. 
They both lost their blocks there. Make a ***** play. 

In relation to running the football, as we were discussing in the other thread you are referring to? Where the QB is under center presnap: IT DOES NOT MATTER when running the football. You keep saying it does, but have nothing to back that up. Nobody in their right mind would agree with you. Nobody does agree with you. Running the football is running the football regardless if it is out of the shotgun or not. IT DOES NOT MATTER.

It's cute that you bring up stuff from another thread in this one... you know, the one where you slithered out on your belly with no ability to back up what you were saying? I suspect the same end result here.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 08:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That's right.  He is inactive for at least seven games and it was a close finish between him and Clarke.  Although I like Clarke, I am still somewhat surprised they went with him over Hunt.  However, given the fact that Hunt was coming off an injury and he would be up for a contract at the end of the season, I understand it.

And yes, I do believe he would step in and get 35 snaps if Dunlap were out injured.  It is his best position and he could leave the rest of the line intact. 

I can say Thompson got washed out, when that is what happened.  He was pushed 3 yards upfield.  Hunt was not moved out of his spot.  If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

As far as making a play goes, in his limited action last year after injury, he did get the only sack of Luck from our defense. 

^ I have had plenty of heated disagreements with SHRacerX, but each subject is different & should be taken on it's own merit. I 100% agree with is opinions above.
Reply/Quote
Greg Little it is! /endthread
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 05:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He shouldn't just turn the play back inside when blocked by a TE. He should end the play. 
It's a zone run. The cut back is always supposed to be there. He shouldn't be negated by a TE that easily. 

If you give a DE a negative grade when he neutralizes the block enough to turn a run back inside then you are going to have negative grades for every DE in the league.

How many DEs make the tackle on every outside run when the RB cuts back inside?
Reply/Quote
I think it will be Gregg little

Reply/Quote