Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Beating Pittsburgh Matters
(07-24-2017, 09:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All anyone really need do to see that playing well enough to beat Pittsburgh is never going to be enough is watch tapes of the games. The Vinelink Lance McCallister put up of their Oline tackling our D-Line and taking them to the ground with no flags over and over again is proof that for the Bengals to beat Shitsburgh on a regular basis, they have to outplay them so badly that the refs cannot make up the difference. Until their is a new commissioner who is not a personal friend of the Roonies, the refs are going to give the Stealers all the calls. Sure, they flag them now and again when it doesn't matter, to make it "seem" like they are calling it down the line, but when a play matters, you can bet big money it's going Shitsburghs way.....
http://espn1530.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/watch-remember-how-many-times-steelers-15117710/

Then, in the irony to end all ironies...The Cheifs get flagged for holding that negates a score at the end of last year's playoff game against shittsburgh....it is only holding when it happens to them.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll weigh in on this, and I'll reflect to the same words that I've used so many times before. Winning is an attitude, it starts at the top, with the owner, and resonates throughout the organization. Until the front office gets hell-bent on winning a championship, the rest of the organization will continue to just do what is asked of them.

This is as accurate as it gets!

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 10:28 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: True, I don't trust the ownership at all. But right now, the worst thing the front office is doing is keeping Marvin employed. 

And who's head does that fall on?   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 03:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Players just gotta take over on the field..

what I don't get is

Steeler players knocking people out all over the league no issue..

someone knocks a steelers player out and now they are suspended...    

THIS is the preferential treatment I speak of XM.  I don't think the players are involved but I'm not putting anything past the owners and management. It's a whole lot easier to line management's pockets to call the low percentage play, and line referees pockets to fudge the penalties and such, then it would be to get players to become like the 1919 Chicago Black Sox.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 11:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, Falcons had the current best QB in the league throwing to one of the best WRs in the league within a modern NFL where a defender looks at a WR too hard and they get a 1st down and a big chunk of yardage.  I get it.  Nothing too crazy about trying that play.  It's particularly interesting to hear Bengals fans wonder why they threw the ball when we pin our latest playoff loss on being stupid enough to hand the ball to Jeremy Hill.  Different RBs, but you get my point.

With Seattle, well people never shut up about how awesome Russell Wilson is so roll him out and if nothing is open he runs for the corner of the endzone.  Standard stuff, he just forced the pass and it got picked.  It happens.  Nothing here seems too out of the ordinary to me, but we may never know.

The problem is that it most certainly does NOT have to stop.  Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown are immune to accountability.  Well, Mike Brown clearly is, and Marvin Lewis is his trusted boot-licking henchman.  We've known for years that the Bengals aren't an organization that holds itself to the same competitive standard that the Steelers do.  It sucks, but that's the way it is.  What other team can go 2-14 at home against a division rival and maintain such a consistent base of leadership?

Winning isn't as important to Mike Brown as it is to that damn Rooney clan.  We are plagued by indifference, not incompetence.

I think the Bengals made the absolutely correct choice in running the ball in that Hill pre-fumble playoff game.  The only question the Monday morning QBs could replay and argue, is WHO to hand the ball off to, not the fact that they were running it.

When yout ahead, playing against the clock, and especially way ahead like the Falcons were, HS coaches know to run, run, and then pass if you are in third and long after the two runs!

Something is rotten in Denmark and you all can keep wishing and hoping for this team in one hand, and crap in the other and see which one fills up quicker!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Dalton 'lead' bengals teams are 3 and 10 vs the Steelers in his 6 years

Under Marvin - Bengals are 8 and 22 vs Steelers.

I guess beating Pittsburgh doesn't matter all that much to the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 10:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Something is rotten in Denmark and you all can keep wishing and hoping for this team in one hand, and crap in the other and see which one fills up quicker!  Hilarious

THE NFL:  We don't want the Bengals to win.

Mike Brown:  Ok, well I'll make it even easier on you and never hire a GM, I'll keep bad and mediocre coaches way too long, I'll bet the farm on Akili Smith, I'll drive Sam Wyche and Boomer Esiason out of town AND if we ever get a coach who can't beat the Steelers I'll give him a lifetime contract.  Hell, I'll even never build an indoor practice facility just to hedge my bets!

All joking aside, if the NFL is trying to keep the Bengals down then Mike Brown is in on the fix.
Reply/Quote
It is how that over in the trying to beat the Achilles Heels for that of the Bengals. Steelers seem to be the #1 of theirs in the AFC North and the rest of the AFC if you ask me.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
Why beating Pittsburgh matters to me:

I'm a native Pittsburgher who's a Bengals fan and still lives in Pittsburgh. And no, my family is not Bengals fans.

So trust me when I say I never hear the end of it lol.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 10:15 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: And who's head does that fall on?   ThumbsUp

Hmm... Fair point.

But if I had to chose, I'd rather see Marvin go over Mike (provided Mike keeps doing what he has been doing the last few years: nothing  Cool)
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 10:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think the Bengals made the absolutely correct choice in running the ball in that Hill pre-fumble playoff game.  The only question the Monday morning QBs could replay and argue, is WHO to hand the ball off to, not the fact that they were running it.

It was absolutely the right call to run it, and truth be told, the last thing Lewis told Hill before he went out was to "get what he could get then go down... just hang onto the ball". That fumble is on nobody but "2 yard Jeremy"....
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 07:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: For the Cincinnati Bengals to get into the playoffs consistently and win once they get there, one mental obstacle exists.  This mental obstacle has hung over the Bengals like the Sword of Damocles for decades.  The obstacle of which I write used to be horrible.  They used to be the laughingstock of the entire NFL.  They were the perennial basement dwellers, the worst of the worst, and any team could beat them into a ketchup-like puddle of goo.  Even the Cleveland Browns could pound them into the turf on any given Sunday.

I'm talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Since the 1970s this hasn't been the case.  Pittsburgh has won more titles than anyone and since they are in the AFC North along with our beloved Bengals, it's time to talk about the Bengals' mental block about beating them.  Cincinnati fans share this.  Deep inside, we all know it's very seldom the Bengals beat the Steelers.  This has to change.  The black and yellow thugs are always in the Bengals' way and it's time to defeat this monster once and for all.  

The Cincinnati Bengals will not win a Super Bowl unless they look at the Steelers the way they look at the Browns:  An almost sure win.  I honestly think the Bengals play the Steelers scared even with the close call in the playoff game which the Bengals almost won.  The coaching staff either feeds off the players or doesn't prepare them well to face Pittsburgh and there's no reason for this.  I'm sick of it.  I'm sick of the excuses.  I'm sick of losing to those thugs.  I'm sick of their fans.  I hate their Terrible Towels.  

It's time for the Steelers to be scared.  Only the Cincinnati Bengals have the power to put them back where they were in the 1960s.  Last.

[Image: 15hbfc.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 08:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I bet there is.

Here's the rub Harly, there exists a prohibition against fixing games for gambling purposes, but that's where it ends which is why the NFL (and other leagues) are always litigating against allowing open gambling in the games, but there's a huge gaping loophole to allow game fixing when it comes to television revenue and ticket sales. As long as gambling is kept out of the equation the public never seems to pick up on other perceptions of game fixing to keep television viewers tuned in and the league, broadcasters and advertisers are acutely aware of how the public perceives the whole thing. 
Big money gambling is perceived as being much more shady and criminal in nature than say, CBS, FOX or any network engaging in match fixing to boost TV advertising revenue and ticket sales. It really is a matter of perception and laws. If the public were to believe that every game was fixed by shady, back room gamblers nobody would watch which is why the league is so keen on keeping that perception out of the public mind. 
Now, do they actively engage in these practices? I don't honestly know, but if I were to gamble on whether they do or don't I'd place my bets on do. 
I don't really trust anyone when it comes to money and especially don't trust them when it comes to millions and millions of dollars. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I am late to this thread but one poster nailed the Marvin problem.  2-14 at home against the Steelers.

Completely inexcusable and should have resulted in Marvin being fired no later than the 2015 playoff  meltdown.

We will almost certainly lose two games to Steelers this year and probably a third loss if we make the playoffs and play them in first round wild card game.

If we do not lose to the Steelers in the playoffs we will lose to Houston.

Would Urban Meyer or any other coach at OSU still be there with a 2-14 home record against Michigan. Fact of the matter is no other NFL team or any major college team would still have a coach with Marvin's record against main rival or bowl/playoff record.

Any Marvin defenders out there- if any are left- cannot come close to naming a similar situation.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll weigh in on this, and I'll reflect to the same words that I've used so many times before.  Winning is an attitude, it starts at the top, with the owner, and resonates throughout the organization.  Until the front office gets hell-bent on winning a championship, the rest of the organization will continue to just do what is asked of them.

Perfectly said and Marvin being a closet Steeler fan sure don't help either.

He treats them different than any other team. Any other coach would of been fired with his record against our main rival.

Especially always losing at home against them. Sure, the Steelers get all the calls but this is still terribly sad and inexcusable.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 12:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Perfectly said and Marvin being a closet Steeler fan sure don't help either.

He treats them different than any other team. Any other coach would of been fired with his record against our main rival.

Especially always losing at home against them. Sure, the Steelers get all the calls but this is still terribly sad and inexcusable.

H.S coaches are fired for less.

Reply/Quote
This years Stealers don't really worry me. The rapist is getting old, and, from his meeting he had about it with his lineman, I think Lawson is already in his head. Bell is going to be thinking about nothing but protecting his knees. I think the first time Paulie sends the house and Geno, Billings, Lawson or Willis, and Dunlap all come crashing in on him, all Bennie will be thinking about is getting rid of the jet....
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 02:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: H.S coaches are fired for less.

You know it Harley.

(07-25-2017, 03:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This years Stealers don't really worry me. The rapist is getting old, and, from his meeting he had about it with his lineman, I think Lawson is already in his head. Bell is going to be thinking about nothing but protecting his knees. I think the first time Paulie sends the house and Geno, Billings, Lawson or Willis, and Dunlap all come crashing in on him, all Bennie will be thinking about is getting rid of the jet....

Sure hope this is the case but you know the refs will be trying their best to help them out, especially against us.

Man, it sure would be nice to have just one game where the refs call it even. I bet we win going away if this happened.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 03:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, it sure would be nice to have just one game where the refs call it even.

Yes it would be, but I don't think we sell enough jerseys.

Reply/Quote
blaming the reffs is next level pathetic. what a joke
Reply/Quote