Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Bengals Why? Taylor Mays Is Back
He had a good game against Denver.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yes Reggie knows how free agency works. The top talent get signed before the scrubs...... That's why he's got to be wondering what is going on. Duh!

Are the Bengals the only team that can make him an offer?

What is stopping reggie from taking an offer from another team?

Get a clue.  Teams all over the league are signing lower level players when better free agents are still on the market.  So you honestly think Reggie is now mad at every team in the league for disrespecting him?  Or do you think he understands that free agency is complicated and he needs patience to get the best deal?
Reply/Quote
I never said he was wondering why the Bengals haven't signed him....... Did I? Yes, or No?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Am I imagining things or wasn't Mays doing pretty well at that LB/safety coverage position before he got injured his last year here? Honest question.

No he wasn't. 
He'd string together one or two acceptable plays before blowing it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are the Bengals the only team that can make him an offer?

What is stopping reggie from taking an offer from another team?

Get a clue.  Teams all over the league are signing lower level players when better free agents are still on the market.  So you honestly think Reggie is now mad at every team in the league for disrespecting him?  Or do you think he understands that free agency is complicated and he needs patience to get the best deal?

Didn't the Bengals already give him an offer and he rejected it?
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Am I imagining things or wasn't Mays doing pretty well at that LB/safety coverage position before he got injured his last year here? Honest question.

Depends on who you ask and what your qualifier of "pretty good" is. I send him make some plays that were absolutely amazing, then i'd watch him tackle the goal post. I think the reason he keeps getting chances is because he is an athletic freak of nature. The dude ran a 4.24 forty at the combine at 230 pounds, had a 61 inch verticle, a sub 7 second 3-cone drill, a 10.5 broad, and put up 24 reps with 24" arms.

You keep giving athletic ability like that chances hoping the light will flash on. He's up to about 240 now, hell teach him how to run and catch. I've enjoy watching him play almost as I've enjoyed folks complaining about him throughout the years
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/15/5807656/top-ten-potential-breakout-players-of-2014-linebacker-safety-taylor

the Bengals' staff adopted some of the concepts for Mays from a few of the Steelers' packages that they have with Troy Polamalu. For half of the regular season, this "rover" position worked relatively well and we saw a comfort level in Mays that wasn't recognizable the previous three years. He only had 19 total tackles on the year and wasn't spectacular in any way, but it was the most steady football we had seen out of him. An unfortunate shoulder injury disallowed Mays to continue to grow into the role the rest of the season. 
Reply/Quote
Head scratcher. I thought we made no attempt to keep him when he left.

Hopefully he made full use of the roids he was taking. At least I think his suspension was for performance enhancers.

With the quickness of this signing I've got to think they view him as a Lamur replacement.

Maybe he saw the deal Mark Barron got and will commit to playing LB.

Would have rather spent the money on Andre Smith or Karlos Dansby.
Reply/Quote
I had a feeling we were gonna make a move today. This is a sucky move though.
Reply/Quote
Take heart. Sometimes these ex-Bengal bottom feeder recalmations don't even make it though camp. See: Brandon Ghee, Dontay Moch.
Reply/Quote
St, lb/safety swing player

Whatever
Reply/Quote
It seems like we could've signed him after the draft if we didn't find a LB/S hybrid in the draft.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It seems like we could've signed him after the draft if we didn't find a LB/S hybrid in the draft.

He's suspended the 4 games we'd actually need him.
It's a laughable add at this stage. 
Now is when you try to actually get better. Not guys you could sign in September. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yes Reggie knows how free agency works. The top talent get signed before the scrubs...... That's why he's got to be wondering what is going on. Thank you for helping make my point. Shame to see Reggie fall behind the priority of Mays, Sims, Tate and such.

There is no priority with Nelson...The Bengals have moved on...It was stated as such last week... They offered...No agreement was reached...They both moved on...So the Bengals are now signing other players...What is so hard to understand about this?
Reply/Quote

My eyeballs told me that this was true but the stats aren't really there. Anyhow the guy is a backup. If someone is better than him then he won't make the roster. The epic overreactions on this board...YIKES
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It seems like we could've signed him after the draft if we didn't find a LB/S hybrid in the draft.

hell there's a good chance we could cut him if we do, without appearing to be in desperate need of one.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 03:26 PM)Stormborn Wrote: You ***** done ***** up

Hopefully he's just camp fodder, because he's about as useless as Brandon Tate. Hell hopefully both of them are just camp fodder, they both ***** suck.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 03:26 PM)Stormborn Wrote: You ***** done ***** up

Because the Bengals coaches and Front office know what they need more than we do...

Solid Special Teamer.

Can play cover Linebacker and S
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:52 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: My eyeballs told me that this was true but the stats aren't really there. Anyhow the guy is a backup. If someone is better than him then he won't make the roster. The epic overreactions on this board...YIKES

every year its the same people freak out over depth signings like they arent important but they are...

plus bengals dont like to enter the draft with too many glaring holes as it makes them easy to predict and we have less draft picks this year than we have had in a while
Reply/Quote