Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Bengals Why? Taylor Mays Is Back
So.....you cut a guy, to make room for another guy that you.....cut. Then, you replace the second cut guy, with the first cut guy. Makes perfect sense Mellow

Does this mean we will re-sign Lamur in a couple of years to replace the then cut again Taylor Mays? WTF

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 05:19 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: So.....you cut a guy, to make room for another guy that you.....cut. Then, you replace the second cut guy, with the first cut guy. Makes perfect sense Mellow

Does this mean we will re-sign Lamur in a couple of years to replace the then cut again Taylor Mays? WTF

What? who did we cut peoples contracts expiring isnt the same thing.
Reply/Quote
This isn't even a boom/bust signing. More like a thud/plunk signing.

Why not go swing for the fences with Greg Hardy at this point.....
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
This is some class-A stupid Bengal sh*t right here. Makes NO sense at all.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 04:50 PM)spazz70 Wrote: There is no priority with Nelson...The Bengals have moved on...It was stated as such last week... They offered...No agreement was reached...They both moved on...So the Bengals are now signing other players...What is so hard to understand about this?

What's so hard for me to understand why the Bengals would be so quick to move on from a probowl player? At a position it took nearly all of Marvin's tenure to properly fill? And are prepared to replace a center fielder, coverage free safety, with a in the box strong safety with limited coverage/range? When we've always needed 3 staring quality safety's for this scheme....

I'm not sure I understand where the confusion is....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 05:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: What's so hard for me to understand why the Bengals would be so quick to move on from a probowl player? At a position it took nearly all of Marvin's tenure to properly fill? And are prepared to replace a center fielder, coverage free safety, with a in the box strong safety with limited coverage/range? When we've always needed 3 staring quality safety's for this scheme....

I'm not sure I understand where the confusion is....

The confusion is where you got the idea that Iloka does not have good cover skills.

Sometimes you seem completely detached from reality.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 05:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What? who did we cut peoples contracts expiring isnt the same thing.

Same thing.....would it make it better if I said let walk, then let another one walk because they both were lackluster at best, then let one walk back?  It's a technicality, but you get the gist, right?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 05:27 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This is some class-A stupid Bengal sh*t right here. Makes NO sense at all.

makes perfect sense if you dont concuss yourself with a knee jerk reaction and think about it.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 03:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This is what I figure too, and I normally wouldn't mind the signing... but I don't understand the need to sign a suspended guy right now.

Hopefully league minimum, no guaranteed money.

Just hope this doesn't mean the Bengals are done looking for any LB improvements for the year. (It probably does.)

Same. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 05:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: every year its the same people freak out over depth signings like they arent important but they are...

plus bengals dont like to enter the draft with too many glaring holes as it makes them easy to predict and we have less draft picks this year than we have had in a while

Taylor Mays doesn't fill any kind of hole for us. He doesn't cover up our need for a coverage LB. The guy was cut 3 times last year. No one is fooled by him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 05:43 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Same thing.....would it make it better if I said let walk, then let another one walk because they both were lackluster at best, then let one walk back?  It's a technicality, but you get the gist, right?

Let me jog some memories... Bengals didnt want Mays to leave they offered him a contract the year he left in free agency.

He got a slightly better deal somewhere else

Now we are getting him back.

to me letting someone walk is not even offering a contract

A Player choosing to sign elsewhere is different. you cant hold them down and force them to sign (without a tag) but for depth players Tags arent used.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 05:50 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Taylor Mays doesn't fill any kind of hole for us. He doesn't cover up our need for a coverage LB. The guy was cut 3 times last year. No one is fooled by him.

Without T Mays we dont beat peyton on MNF 2 years ago.

I dont see him starting but its a great insurrance signing. Sometimes i think im one of the only people that actually think about things instead of just reacting.

Hes filled in at saftey for us in the past.
He can play coverage linebacker or MonsterBacker whatever we called it. (s/Lb hybrid)

Hes a Special Team gunner. (lost dennard in that role as he moves up the CB totem poll.)

Hes suspended for the first 4 games so he doesnt hurt our roster count till week 5.

at that point the bengals have to cut someone it could very will be him if everyone is healthy but the coaches know what they have in T Mays and he has played in the system.

If someone gets hurt early then we already have a guy ready to come in week 5.

we arent talking about blockbuster contracts here that we couldnt walk away from.
Reply/Quote
I guess this means we aren't even going to kick Dansby's tires. A guy who showed enthusiasm to come here (how often does that happen), but instead we sign the suspended player.

Along with not resigning Nelson, the best Safety on the team last season and all time Bengal great.

And why is AJ Hawk still here?

DreK can be replaced for 7.5m i can guarantee that.

Buy Margus a plane ticket home, now?

I..i'm so confused

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 05:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The confusion is where you got the idea that Iloka does not have good cover skills.

Sometimes you seem completely detached from reality.

Good, but not Nelson cover skills.

Last two years Nelson has 27 Pdef and 12 INT.
In Iloka's career he has 20 Pdef and 5 INT.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I am a little troubled by this. It seems to me like the Bengals success came when they began shying away from signing players with character question marks. We eventually had one of the best character locker rooms in the entire NFL. But lately they seem to be reverting to their old philosophy of talent/potential trumps character.

Adam Jones
Vontaze Burfict
now Taylor Mays

I dont believe I like it.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 03:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: So when we "need" Mays the most he'll be suspended... Makes no sense to have prioritized this signing. Reggie has to wonder how he's fallen behind in priority to Sims, Tate, Mays etc... Just disrespectful for what he brought to the defense.

Let's review: Marvy is still the HC, right? Nuff said! Sick
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 06:20 PM)Beaker Wrote: I am a little troubled by this. It seems to me like the Bengals success came when they began shying away from signing players with character question marks. We eventually had one of the best character locker rooms in the entire NFL. But lately they seem to be reverting to their old philosophy of talent/potential trumps character.

Adam Jones
Vontaze Burfict
now Taylor Mays

I dont believe I like it.

What is the character concern with Burfict?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 06:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Good, but not Nelson cover skills.

Last two years Nelson has 27 Pdef and 12 INT.
In Iloka's career he has 20 Pdef and 5 INT.

I haven't really looked into it but looking and Pass Deflections and Interceptions is a twisted way to decide who is better in coverage, that is like saying :

Richard Sherman 14 PD and 2 INT
Marcus Williams 10 PD and 6 INT

Also your not taking into account how they are being used, how many times have you seen Iloka in open field waiting for an interception? Nelson is playing center field and making plays but that doesn't automatically make him better in coverage.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 05:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: makes perfect sense if you dont concuss yourself with a knee jerk reaction and think about it.

You're going to hurt your back carrying this guy's water.

He's suspended for 4 games and he's not a good football player anyway.

Depth is great unless you mistake putting a bunch of crappy football players on a 53 man roster with "depth." It seems you've fallen for the trap.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
So, I've seen people talk about Mays being a St guy. Who exactly would he be starting over to be on STs?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote