Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Bengals Why? Taylor Mays Is Back
(03-18-2016, 09:09 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Because he is not replacing Nelson...Is that simple enough?  He is or maybe, if he makes the team, a LB/S coverage guy...He would play nickel and dime packages supporting the run and covering the TE...Nothing to do with Nelson's position on the team...If they signed him and said he was going to be our starting FS next year then yeah that is a problem but that is not the case

They have moved on because Nelson is looking for on last big payday.....He still may come back..I am sure they have talked..FA is still going on in case you did not know and Nelson is still a FA...

I was talking about Shawn Williams. I don't care about Mays. I like the guy. I just think we should work on re-signing Reggie instead of these retreads that don't have much value and could be signed in May or after the draft (with whatever is left over after we re-sign our probowl player), because nobody wants them but us. That's just it. Nobody wants Tate, Mays, Sims, Winston and all these players they've prioritized over Nelson. Teams might not even want Nelson, but that's their lost, he at least was a probowler last season and we know his value to the team compared to some of our "must sign" scrubs.

If money is an issue, I'd sign Reggie and sacrifice Mays, Tate, Winston, and Sims..... You disagree and that's fine. Your entitled to your opinion. Same with WG. I'm arguing priorities.

When your broke, is it smart to keep buying used cars every 6 months to avoid buying a new car that you know you wouldn't have to replace for 7 years?.... At the end of those 7 years, you probably saved more money buying the new car. The players we keep re-signing can be replaced with UDFA's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 12:19 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote:  You know some players on the team were like, Seriously?! This guy again?!, when they saw he was back on the team.

Oooh.  I can play this game to.

You know all the players on the team agree with me and are not upset by this signing.
Reply/Quote
Fred nobody on the team agrees with you. I'm the only one who has a true pulse on the team dynamic!

I say they want Nelson back.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 12:42 PM)jj22 Wrote:  That's just it. Nobody wants Tate, Mays, Sims, Winston and all these players they've prioritized over Nelson. Teams might not even want Nelson, but that's their lost, he at least was a probowler last season and we know his value to the team compared to some of our "must sign" scrubs.

Ooh.  I can play this game to.

Since we have been winning so much and people have been bragging about what a deep roster the Bengals had you know other teams are anxious to sign players away from us.  We were smart to sign these guys before another team did.

But even though I know exactly what every other team is thinking I will only use it so support my argument about certain players, but completely ignore it with other players.  So basically I can use it to argue whichever side I want.  That is the benefit of knowing everything that every team is thinking.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ooh.  I can play this game to.

Since we have been winning so much and people have been bragging about what a deep roster the Bengals had you know other teams are anxious to sign players away from us.  We were smart to sign these guys before another team did.

But even though I know exactly what every other team is thinking I will only use it so support my argument about certain players, but completely ignore it with other players.  So basically I can use it to argue whichever side I want.  That is the benefit of knowing everything that every team is thinking.

Ahh, maybe you do know a little something about how this thing works.

I probably learned it from you years ago........ 

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 12:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Your boy is back !

Taylor asked me to share this picture with the majority in this thread:

[Image: taylormays_medium_medium.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 01:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Taylor asked me to share this picture with the majority in this thread:

Sure he did well on Venice Beach and used his trojans often.  

My problem with this addition is that the Bengals have become unfairly labeled as a dirty team and a target for refs. From what I recall Taylor did a lot of head hunting. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 01:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Taylor asked me to share this picture with the majority in this thread:

That pic is PEDerrific.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oooh.  I can play this game to.

You know all the players on the team agree with me and are not upset by this signing.

Maybe some... 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 01:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sure he did well on Venice Beach and used his trojans often.  

My problem with this addition is that the Bengals have become unfairly labeled as a dirty team and a target for refs. From what I recall Taylor did a lot of head hunting. 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 01:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sure he did well on Venice Beach and used his trojans often.  

Dude is jacked! He must be a fantastic football player! Am I right Margus Hunt?!
Reply/Quote
Fake muscles muscles are fake

Reply/Quote
I liked Taylor in the cover linebacker spot way better than I liked Lamur this year... Sign him to league minimum, and you have coverage backer insurance you can easily cut during the preseason if Dawson decides to put on his big boy pants.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are the one who said Mays was "roster filler".  So you were the one who said he was a bad player.

Then I said Zim would sign good players INSTEAD OF "roster filler".

So what did I fail to read and understand?  Seems like you are the one who is having problems.

Every team has roster fillers....Zimmer *may* have signed him to have a guy around to help him relay/convey the nuances of his scheme to guys new to Zim's philosophy.... can't believe I have to break it down this simply for you....wait....yes I can. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 02:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Every team has roster fillers..

So you are crying about the Bengals doing the same thing as every other team?
Reply/Quote

What a beast.  I'm only wondering which of our own players he is going to accidentally put on weekly concussion protocol this season!
Reply/Quote

Maybe they brought him back, just for that reason.
He will do Tez's dirty work, so nobody of value will be ejected.
Hockey has goons, why not NFL ?
Ninja
Reply/Quote
I just can't believe that Kanye is taking credit for his re-signing.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 02:00 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Fake muscles muscles are fake

There is a reason they are called performance enhancers.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'm going to join the voices who are saying we don't love this signing. I get that there is a positional need for Nickel LB but man, all I can think about is how Mays injured OUR OWN PLAYERS in camp and in games. Maybe he has better body control than he did back then. I sure hope so.

And yes, if I could go back and do it over I'd skip on Sims, Tate, and even Vinnie Rey if it gave us enough money for Reggie Nelson. Nelson was one of our best players against the Steelers and I hate the Steelers with a passion.

Reply/Quote