Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why can't he stop insulting them
The history of Joe Biden insulting minorities spans well over 40 years and continues to the day. Below are a few examples. So my question is Why can't he stop:

1977 (On Desegregation)
“Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this.”

JUL 06 (On Indians)
“You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking,”
FEB 07 (On what makes Obama different than the rest)
“You got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

SEP 14 (On unfair business owners being Jews)
“I mean these Shylocks who took advantage of, um, these women and men while overseas.”

AUG 19 (On how smart poor kids can be)
“We should challenge students in these schools. We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

SEP 19 (On the Black’s ability to rear children)
We bring social workers into homes of parents to help them deal with how to raise their children. It’s not that they don’t want to help, they don’t want — they don’t know quite what to do.

MAY 20 (On Black’a cognitive ability to select a POTUS)
“Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

JUN 20 (On a Civil Rights Icon)
“Even Dr. King’s assassination did not have the worldwide impact that George Floyd’s death did,”

JUL 20 (On Asians)
"He’s blaming everything on the Chinese. And people don’t make a distinction. As you well know from a South Korean and someone from Beijing. They make no distinction. It’s Asia. And that’s the way and he’s just using it as a wedge."

AUG 20 (On lack of diversity within Blacks)
"And by the way, what you all know but most people don't know, unlike the African American community with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.

SEP 20 (On why he could stay quarantined)
“The reason I was able to stay sequestered in my home was because some black woman was able to stack the grocery shelves,”
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like him because he tells it like it is and speaks his mind
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like him because he tells it like it is and speaks his mind

I'm glad you like Trump!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: SEP 20 (On why he could stay quarantined)
“The reason I was able to stay sequestered in my home was because some black woman was able to stack the grocery shelves,”

Based on the way you edited this comment I am assuming most of these others were also taken out of context.

For anyone interested in the truth instead of just being a good parrot for the right wing echo chamber here is the full quote.

"They're saying, 'Jeez, the reason I was able to stay sequestered in my home is because some Black woman was able to stack the grocery shelf. Or I got a young Hispanic out there, these DREAMers are out there, 60,000 of them acting as first responders and nurses and docs'," he said.

"Or all of a sudden people are realizing, 'My Lord, these people have done so much. Not just Black, white, across the board, have done so much for me. We can do this. We can get things done.' And I think they're ready."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on the way you edited this comment I am assuming most of these others were also taken out of context.
And we have our answer..
It's because he's "taken out of context"

BTW, how did I edit the sentence? It's not like I changed what he said. For instance changing you to we.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I like him because he tells it like it is and speaks his mind

Yeah, well some wouldn't like these comments, but worse yet; there are those that would excuse them.

Reply/Quote
Oh, so you just copy shit without researching it and post it.

Shocking.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:33 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Oh, so you just copy shit without researching it and post it.

Shocking.

We now have another reason he won't stop.

Folks will attack those that bring his comments to light. 

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For anyone interested in the truth instead of just being a good parrot

So then you admit that's bad when "journalists" take small portions of what was said, and present it as if something else was said?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: BTW, how did I edit the sentence? It's not like I changed what he said. For instance changing you to we.

You changed the entire meaning of his comments by leaving out the part where he said "Not just Black, white, across the board"  And also the part about Doctors and Nurses instead of just stocking store shelves.

And I never changed "you" to "we".  When discussing good genes Trump said "WE are not that different"  He clearly included himself in the "good genes" comment.
Reply/Quote
Eh, this is an attempt at "don't take Trump's words literally".

We also have to "look at what's in his heart" and worry about what he does not what he says and don't worry when he does something because, well there will be a reason for that too.

We get it, you're just gonna defend Trump from being "misunderstood" even if you don't support or vote for him.

[Image: knight-on-horse.jpg]

I'm sure if he knew he'd give a little thumbs up and that winning Trump smile and then hurry away so he didn't have to touch you.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So then you admit that's bad when "journalists" take small portions of what was said, and present it as if something else was said?

Yes, of course, I never like for anyone to take a comment out of context.

You with me on condemning Bfine for doing it?  
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You changed the entire meaning of his comments by leaving out the part where he said "Not just Black, white, across the board"  And also the part about Doctors and Nurses instead of just stocking store shelves.

And I never changed "you" to "we".  When discussing good genes Trump said "WE are not that different"  He clearly included himself in the "good genes" comment.

I quoted the sentence and used his exact words, 

As to you

Fredtoast Wrote:For example last week he told a group of his supporters that "We have superior genes".

But we're closing in on another reason Biden won't stop. 

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, this is an attempt at "don't take Trump's words literally".

We also have to "look at what's in his heart" and worry about what he does not what he says and don't worry when he does something because, well there will be a reason for that too.

We get it, you're just gonna defend Trump from being "misunderstood" even if you don't support or vote for him.

[Image: knight-on-horse.jpg]

I'm sure if he knew he'd give a little thumbs up and that winning Trump smile and then hurry away so he didn't have to touch you.   Smirk

Another reason he won't stop:

Deflection. 

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, well some wouldn't like these comments, but worse yet; there are those that would excuse them.

I'm sure there are some that will excuse his racist remarks, and they shouldn't. Biden should be taken to task on them. He's still a better option than Trump, though, so it is what it is.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I quoted the sentence and used his exact words, 

As to you

I quoted the sentence and used the exact quote also.  When discussing the "good genes" Trump said "WE are not that different".  So he obviously included himself in the good gene pool.

Just like with the above Biden quote you think you can take a comment out of context and change the meaning.  I quote the full text.  you only quote the part that fits your argument.
Reply/Quote
Good question. I don’t know. Biden does say some cringe worthy shit. One of the reason’s why I wish I had two better options to choose from this election.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 05:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm sure there are some that will excuse his racist remarks, and they shouldn't. Biden should be taken to task on them. He's still a better option than Trump, though, so it is what it is.

This is exactly how I feel. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I quoted the sentence and used the exact quote also.  When discussing the "good genes" Trump said "WE are not that different".  So he obviously included himself in the good gene pool.

Just like with the above Biden quote you think you can take a comment out of context and change the meaning.  I quote the full text.  you only quote the part that fits your argument.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Why-does-he-refuse-to-condemn-them?pid=921229#pid921229

If you're not even going to pretend to be honest; I see no reason to continue

Above is a link to your post. You did not quote the full text and you changed the words.

Now look at the post immediately following you. That dude quoted the full text. Perhaps you just wish you were me.

But you have stumbled on another reason why he won't quit. There will be those that enable him through hypocrisy. 

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 05:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm sure there are some that will excuse his racist remarks, and they shouldn't. Biden should be taken to task on them. He's still a better option than Trump, though, so it is what it is.

I thought Trump missed a huge opportunity to fire back the other night when Biden called him a racist during the debate. 

Reply/Quote