Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didnt Zac drain the clock at end of OT
If your not going to play for the tie go for it on 4th and 16.
Reply/Quote
Said he didn’t want the steelers to time the snap with Wilcox struggling which is bs.

Drain the clock take the delay of game move us back 5 yards so the old man kicking it might not twat it straight in to the end zone
Reply/Quote
He’s not smart.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:46 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Said he didn’t want the steelers to time the snap with Wilcox struggling which is bs.

Drain the clock take the delay of game move us back 5 yards so the old man kicking it might not twat it straight in to the end zone

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense at all. Even snapping thr ball at 3/2 seconds makes it so they aren't timing the snap compared to 1/0. And you should trust your 50 year punter to get it off without the best snap
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:49 PM)TheFan Wrote: Yeah, that doesn't make any sense at all. Even snapping thr ball at 3/2 seconds makes it so they aren't timing the snap compared to 1/0. And you should trust your 50 year punter to get it off without the best snap

I think they were more afraid of a snap going over Huber's head, going wide, or being short...snaps the punter can't recover from.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:46 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Said he didn’t want the steelers to time the snap with Wilcox struggling which is bs.

Well, that makes sense, actually. I myself was very worried he would sail the ball over Huber's head. 

Huber also made a bad play on the bad snap on the field goal try. The reason they tried the field goal on 3rd down was in case of a bad snap. The snap was bad and yet Huber let it continue, with the football badly placed for McPearson.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:52 PM)pally Wrote: I think they were more afraid of a snap going over Huber's head, going wide, or being short...snaps the punter can't recover from.

What would snapping at 16 seconds vs 2 seconds change with that?
Reply/Quote

It's incredibly difficult to have faith in the Bengals when you've got the Head Coach of the team saying something like that. The Bengals have always been so good at blowing games, but that play is one of the least professional bits of coaching I can think of. So illogical it's unbelievable. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:53 PM)Nepa Wrote: Well, that makes sense, actually. I myself was very worried he would sail the ball over Huber's head. 

Huber also made a bad play on the bad snap on the field goal try. The reason they tried the field goal on 3rd down was in case of a bad snap. The snap was bad and yet Huber let it continue, with the football badly placed for McPearson.

It still makes zero sense... if that's the logic, snap it a couple of seconds earlier. Not so early you give the other team enough time for a whole extra play or two, which might (and did) result in them winning the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:53 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It's incredibly difficult to have faith in the Bengals when you've got the Head Coach of the team saying something like that. The Bengals have always been so good at blowing games, but that play is one of the least professional bits of coaching I can think of. So illogical it's unbelievable. 

He’s the coaching equivalent of a wet coffee fart.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If your not going to play for the tie go for it on 4th and 16.

I can only assume you questioned the fabric pattern of the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

One person lost this game today. JB gave us an Andy Dalton playoff-quality game. He'll have many more good than bad, but today was bad. Asking any other question as to why we left is just searching
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If your not going to play for the tie go for it on 4th and 16.

For that matter,why didn’t he Challenge the catch by Ja’Maar Chase,which would have been a touchdown,had he challenged it.Even the NFL rules analyst said it was a touchdown.And I’m not talking about the one where the tip
his toe was out of bounds.The ball broke the plain.His foot was on the goal line.
Reply/Quote
I genuinely hope that he called for them to run down the clock but Mitchell Wilcox, being unfamiliar with the long snapper role, got the yips and just snapped it too early.

Because any other explanation is COMPLETELY unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can only assume you questioned the fabric pattern of the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

One person lost this game today. JB gave us an Andy Dalton playoff-quality game. He'll have many more good than bad, but today was bad. Asking any other question as to why we left is just searching

338 yards and the game winning drive in regulation and OT. Yeah it wasn't Burrow's best game but he wasnt reason
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:53 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It's incredibly difficult to have faith in the Bengals when you've got the Head Coach of the team saying something like that. The Bengals have always been so good at blowing games, but that play is one of the least professional bits of coaching I can think of. So illogical it's unbelievable. 

It worked in terms of the long snapper not throwing it over Huber's head or into the ground. Taylor might have had zero confidence in the long snapper, so he figured let him totally surprise the Steelers and snap it as if it were a practice snap. Put it on the defense to hold them, rather than put the Steelers in field goal range because of a bad snap. 

But, I do wonder when Taylor realized that the long snapper was so bad. Because if he realized it earlier, then they wouldn't have kicked on third down, but gone for the touchdown. Don't they have a back up long snapper practicing?  Was it only when he snapped it so bad on the field goal try that Taylor realized the problem they had with him snapping?
Reply/Quote

Nope they get ball back at 50 wit 
The 45 to 50 secs left
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:06 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 338 yards and the game winning drive in regulation and OT. Yeah it wasn't Burrow's best game but he wasnt reason

So the reason was because we snapped the ball too early on a punt? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:06 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 338 yards and the game winning drive in regulation and OT. Yeah it wasn't Burrow's best game but he wasnt reason

How was Burrow not the primary reason we lost?  He turned the ball over 5 times.  It's nearly impossible to win with that many turnovers.  The Steelers literally scored 17 of their 23 points off Burrow turnovers, including a Pick 6.  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:04 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: For that matter,why didn’t he Challenge the catch by Ja’Maar Chase,which would have been a touchdown,had he challenged it.Even the NFL rules analyst said it was a touchdown.And I’m not talking about the one where the tip
his toe was out of bounds.The ball broke the plain.His foot was on the goal line.

The rules analyst said it way after the next play. No one seemed to think it was a touchdown at the time. Chase didn't give any indication. The announcers spoke as if he had just went out of bounds without breaking the line of play -- until after the next play. 

At any rate, that play turned out to be irrelevant. The Bengals scored with no time left on the clock for the Steelers to drive down and kick a field goal. the problem was no long snapper.
Reply/Quote

You’re conveniently leaving out the five turnovers. I get it, I love Burrow. Dude is awesome.

He is the main reason the Bengals lost today. Any mental gymnastics attempted to get past that is just silly, especially when one of those turnovers directly went for a score.
Reply/Quote