Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will We Make a Trade Today?
NFL trading deadline expires today. Bengals have a 5-3 record with a multitude of needs.

Jags would move Dante Fowler, Jr. we need edge rushers.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We will not. Once we get a competent GM and an owner who actually wants to win, maybe we would do something like that. But until that day, we're left to burn with the guys we've got.
Reply/Quote
I would expect nothing less than to have the same personnel return for the game against New Orleans....both players and staff.
Reply/Quote
Draft picks to the Bengals are gold. I think we are probably in line for some 6th round comp picks next year. So at best we will maybe give up a late round pick, but not likely.
Reply/Quote
Not happening. We’ll go to war with what we have.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 11:46 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: NFL trading deadline expires today. Bengals have a 5-3 record with a multitude of needs.

Jags would move Dante Fowler, Jr. we need edge rushers.

No we don't.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Cmon Mike Brown.. make it happen!!!!! Holy **** its 10pm here and im actually up hoping to see some bengals trading news..
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No we don't.

Agreed. Hardly a priority. RG and LB should be at the top of the list.

Doubt we’re going to make any trades though.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No we don't.

Yes we do. It’s not the only thing we need, but it’s a need.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. Hardly a priority. RG and LB should be at the top of the list.

Yeah, most teams rarely make a trade during the season in the NFL. With the Bengals, you're more likely to see Bigfoot winning the lottery while riding the Loch Ness Monster before all of you are hit by lightning 3 times before they make a trade mid-season.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:07 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yes we do. It’s not the only thing we need, but it’s a need.

I'm going to have to disagree, and say that lack of edge rushers is pretty far back on the list of needs right now.  Defensively, the problems seem to be in stopping the run, and covering receivers.  The pass rush is working fine, the coverage is allowing guys to be instantly open.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 11:50 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: I would expect nothing less than to have the same personnel return for the game against New Orleans....both players and staff.

we will have at least 1 personnel change when Lawson goes to IR.  Someone has to replace him.  Doubt it will be via a trade though

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. Hardly a priority. RG TE and LB should be at the top of the list.

Fixed  Rock On
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:07 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yes we do. It’s not the only thing we need, but it’s a need.

We just locked Dunlap up for 3 more years, and Hubbard has looked really good so far.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:15 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Fixed  Rock On

TE is super thin but we still have Uzomah. Franks proved he can make some plays too. Also have Lengel.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: TE is super thin but we still have Uzomah. Franks proved he can make some plays too. Also have Lengel.

Uzomah is developing into a good player, but he's still yet to prove he can be clutch.  The other two are hardly battle tested.  I'd feel much more comfortable with a veteran brought in.  Not just for steady hands under pressure, but for experience blocking in big games.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: TE is super thin but we still have Uzomah. Franks proved he can make some plays too. Also have Lengel.

Uzomah has 2/3 less production then our starting TE. Capable backup for sure, but in no way a game changer. I'd take a TE over RG or LB at the moment....but guess it would depend on the TE & LB. I think the LBs have been abysmal, so if we can potentially get one of those it would be really enticing. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uzomah is developing into a good player, but he's still yet to prove he can be clutch.  The other two are hardly battle tested.  I'd feel much more comfortable with a veteran brought in.  Not just for steady hands under pressure, but for experience blocking in big games.

I’d rather have help on the OL or LB. It could get ugly if Boling misses any significant amount of time. And I never want to see Hardy Nickerson on the field again.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:31 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Uzomah has 2/3 less production then our starting TE. Capable backup for sure, but in no way a game changer. I'd take a TE over RG or LB at the moment....but guess it would depend on the TE & LB. I think the LBs have been abysmal, so if we can potentially get one of those it would be really enticing. 

Our starting TE was an absolute stud, and probably top 5 as far as pass catchers go. That’s not easily replaced.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d rather have help on the OL or LB. It could get ugly if Boling misses any significant amount of time. And I never want to see Hardy Nickerson on the field again.

I'm not saying that OL and LB aren't greater needs, but I'm far from comfortable with our current TE situation.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote