Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we see players kneel?
http://www.dailywire.com/news/21685/momentum-anthem-steelers-star-announces-entire-ben-shapiro

Well I guess the Steelers didn't like the bad blow back of not standing with Villanueva.

Nice touch by Rooney basically sticking Tomlin out holding the bag for the decision to not come out for the anthem. What a joke. Everyone knows that's not Tomlin's call only. Rooney should be taking the hot

Quote:MOMENTUM FOR THE ANTHEM: Steelers Star Announces That Entire Team Will Stand For Anthem

Ben ShapiroSeptember 28, 2017
Steelers' Alejandro Villanueva.
Screenshot via Twitter
On the same day the Denver Broncos players announced they would stand for the national anthem, Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncy announced that his team, too, would stand for the anthem. The Steelers were roundly excoriated last Sunday for failing to come on the field for the national anthem, and were even more roundly excoriated for extracting an apology from Army veteran Alejandro Villanueva, who came out to the field to stand for the anthem.

Pouncey explained, “I promise you one thing, this week we will all be standing out there for the national anthem. Trust me.” He added, “As far as I know it’s 100 percent participation. We love this country. It’s America. We know there are injustices in this world, but to me, personally, football is football and that’s what we need to approach it as.”

With the decisions from the Broncos and Steelers, President Trump will likely declare political victory: he’ll state that his push for a boycott of the NFL on the grounds of the anthem boycott pushed players into backing down. In reality, those players wouldn’t have been boycotting the anthem in the first place if Trump hadn’t called for the firing of players who do so. But Trump certainly picked the right issue, and made a politically smart play — and his opponents overreacted and handed him a massive victory. In any case, the Steelers' backdown just shows how foolish the players were to kneel or skip the anthem entirely as some show of solidarity against Trump — it was widely interpreted as a slap at the flag and the anthem itself.

The announcement comes two days after Steelers president Art Rooney II sent an open letter to the fans stating that the team never meant to boycott the anthem in the first place:

Pouncey concluded, “We respect our flag and we respect our military and everything that is a part of it. I think this week we are going to show that. We are sorry for all of our fans who are upset about the things that went down, and I think we’ll come together and all of this will be out the window.”
(09-28-2017, 08:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.dailywire.com/news/21685/momentum-anthem-steelers-star-announces-entire-ben-shapiro

Well I guess the Steelers didn't like the bad blow back of not standing with Villanueva.  

Nice touch by Rooney basically sticking Tomlin out holding the bag for the decision to not come out for the anthem.    What a joke.    Everyone knows that's not Tomlin's call only.  Rooney should be taking the hot

Great article. Trump winning!

But then you have this a-hole who still doesn't get it.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/21679/tennessee-titans-player-has-one-word-fans-hank-berrien

No one gives a damn about his reasons for disrespecting the flag. The act is selfish and it solves nothing.

Only a pipe dream but I would love to see a defunct NFL as a result of this. Let these players go and work at jobs in which they have a college degree in.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/09/28/packers-lock-arms-during-anthem-fans-chant-usa-usa/714555001/

Quote:Packers lock arms during anthem; fans chant 'USA, USA'

[Image: 636422501680858297-NFLAnthem-2-.Movie-Snapshot.jpg]

GREEN BAY - Chants of "U-S-A! U-S-A!" reverberated around Lambeau Field on Thursday as the Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears stood to observe the national anthem. Players and coaches from both teams locked arms on their respective sidelines. No one sat and no one kneeled.

The decision by the Packers to lock arms was meant as a display of unity, a message made public through a statement crafted by the players earlier this week. They encouraged fans to do the same, and while the anthem proved to be uneventful, the majority of spectators did not link arms with their neighbors.

"Well, it was an invitation to join us," Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. "The beauty is, it's a free country so they can choose to do it or not.

"The messaging of this, unfortunately, continues to need to be redirected. It's never been about the national anthem, it's never been about the military. We're all patriotic in the locker room. We love our troops. This is about something bigger than that: an invitation to show unity in the face of some divisiveness from the top in this country, and I'm proud of our guys. This has been a galvanizing situation for us."

[Image: 636422283919690269-DD-GB-PACKERS-VS-BEARS-00560.jpg]
Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Hundley and coach Mike McCarthy stand for the national anthem before the game against the Chicago Bears Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wis. (Photo: Danny Damiani/USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin)

Asked if he was glad no one booed during the anthem, Rodgers said, “We could hear some 'USA' chants as it started – which is fantastic. We could also hear some negativity being yelled during the anthem. Semantics there, right? What’s disrespectful to the anthem, yelling things during it or standing at attention with arms locked facing the flag? (I’ll) let you decide.”

The peaceful demonstration came four days after the Packers put forth something of a disjointed message during the national anthem prior to kickoff with the Cincinnati Bengals. Where certain teams around the league took unanimous action — the Dallas Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones locked arms and took a symbolic knee; the Jacksonville Jaguars and owners Shahid Khan locked arms in London — there were differing approaches in Green Bay.

For Bennett, who is at the epicenter of the Packers’ movement, the decision to sit was made in the moment because of what he felt at the time. And while he declined to reflect on his reasoning during a group interview this week, Bennett has vocalized his feelings about racial inequality and police brutality in the past, most notably after an incident involving his brother, Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett, and the Las Vegas Police Department went public in early September.

For Kendricks, the Milwaukee native and former Wisconsin star, sitting through the anthem reflected his support of Bennett and his displeasure with the actions of President Donald Trump, who Kendricks feels has shown disinterest in addressing recent natural disasters.

King, the youngest protester, said he reacted instinctively after contemplating both his age and rookie standing in the league prior to kickoff.

“It was crazy,” King said after beating the Bengals, “because here I am, I’m going into my first game starting, and I’m following (wide receiver) A.J. Green. And, of course, I know that. Before the game, I’m thinking about if I should kneel, and that says something there. Of course I’m focused on the game and everything, but in the back of my mind, I’m thinking, ‘What should I do in this situation?’ ”

In the echo chambers of social media, reactions ranged from sympathetic to sour, from indifferent to enraged. There were Packers fans who supported the movement and recognized perceived injustices cited by players.

Kathy Howell and Rabah Bellir, two Milwaukee residents in attendance Thursday, planned to link arms from their 300-level seats.

“What Rodgers wants us to do I'm going to do," Howell said. “I'm in support of peaceful protest.”

Teresa Beardsley, a Bears fan from Frankfort, Ind., said she would stand with her hand over her heart “because that’s who I am.”

But during the week there were others who likened Bennett, Kendricks and King to wealthy and unpatriotic brats, criticizing them for what some perceived to be inappropriate actions in the workplace since football is their job. Kendricks said the team saw signs in the stands against the Bengals that told protesting players to leave the organization.

“I mean if you look at the message, no one’s ever said anything negative about veterans or the military or anything like that,” Bennett said earlier this week.
“That’s never been what’s said. I think people are trying to avoid the conversation by changing the conversation. … People don’t want to talk about racism, they don’t want to talk about oppression... They want to be oblivious to it so they don’t want to deal with it, and then when it comes to sports people want to be even more distracted with what’s going on in the world. But this is a conversation you can’t avoid.”

But Thursday night came and went without disturbance. The fans may not have linked their arms, but the movement was peaceful nonetheless. 

Whatever social media posters promised as punishment for players, a Packers touchdown on the first drive was met with raucous cheers around the bowl.

[Image: hat.jpg]

Serious question:  Are certain, civilian hats suppose to stay on?  I really don't know.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-29-2017, 10:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/09/28/packers-lock-arms-during-anthem-fans-chant-usa-usa/714555001/

Serious question:  Are certain, civilian hats suppose to stay on?  I really don't know.

Wait, you mean all of this was a sign of unity between players, owners, coaches, and other staff over an attack on players?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-29-2017, 10:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Wait, you mean all of this was a sign of unity between players, owners, coaches, and other staff over an attack on players?

I know.  If SOMEONE would have just said that we could have avoided all this....  Mellow
(09-29-2017, 10:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/09/28/packers-lock-arms-during-anthem-fans-chant-usa-usa/714555001/

Ehh, I guess that's kosher if you consider him being "in uniform" assuming he's a veteran and that hat looks to be some sort of veteran hat.

Also, it was interesting hearing the crowd chant U-S-A as if Hacksaw Jim Duggan were taking on Nikoli Volkoff or something.
(09-29-2017, 11:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, I guess that's kosher if you consider him being "in uniform" assuming he's a veteran and that hat looks to be some sort of veteran hat.

Also, it was interesting hearing the crowd chant U-S-A as if Hacksaw Jim Duggan were taking on Nikoli Volkoff or something.

I think as a Starfleet member (see unit patch right shoulder) he is exempt.
(09-29-2017, 12:28 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think as a Starfleet member (see unit patch right shoulder) he is exempt.

I was wondering if that's what that was.
(09-29-2017, 10:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Wait, you mean all of this was a sign of unity between players, owners, coaches, and other staff over an attack on players?

Nope. Pretty sure it has something to do with hating the country, and loving Castro and Rocket Man.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

Nope. Pretty sure it has something to do with hating the country, and loving Castro and Rocket Man.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(09-26-2017, 01:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And those teams who either just stood there or stood there and locked arms will not see any fan blowback.

Even the Patriots in leftist Mass. got a round of boos.

Seems this has been correct.
(09-29-2017, 04:05 PM)jason Wrote: Nope. Pretty sure it has something to do with hating the country, and loving Castro and Rocket Man.

I mean, I do love me some Elton John
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-29-2017, 09:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Seems this has been correct.

The Packers got booed for standing there and locking arms.

I don't think you know what "correct" means.  Mellow
Figured this could go here:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/former-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-files-grievance-against-220307734--abc-news-topstories.html

Kaepernick files a grievance against the NFL

Quote:Geragos said in a statement given first to ABC News Sunday night that the grievance was filed "only after pursuing every possible avenue with all NFL teams and their executives."

Kaepernick's goal, he said, was just to be treated fairly and to return to playing football in the NFL, "the league he performed at the highest level for."
Think this will be hard to prove and it hurts that he opted out of his last contract. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-16-2017, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Figured this could go here:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/former-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-files-grievance-against-220307734--abc-news-topstories.html

Think this will be hard to prove and it hurts that he opted out of his last contract. 

Yeah, that isn't going to work. Worst part is that he has shot himself in the foot with some recent events in regards to QBs around the league.
(10-16-2017, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Figured this could go here:

(10-16-2017, 05:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, that isn't going to work. Worst part is that he has shot himself in the foot with some recent events in regards to QBs around the league.

Unless he has documentation showing collusion between the owners this lawsuit has zero chance of succeeding.  First, as has been pointed out, he opted out of his last contract.  Right away he's hurt his argument.  Secondly, saying he should be signed over "X" quarterback is a subjective argument.  While subjective arguments make for interesting GOAT debates over beer they don't win lawsuits.  The irony is that filling this lawsuit guarantees no one will sign him now, it will look like the lawsuit scared them into doing so.  Distraction times 10,000 gets amped up by a factor of five, he's radioactive now.
There's little doubt that Kaepernick has been blackballed from the league because of the kneeling, but alleging that there was a coordinated effort between the 32 owners is laughable.

He/His lawyers have just realized that no teams are going to sign him, and are going to take a parting shot.
He had a shot to play for Baltimore but girlfriend ruined that. His t shirt probably hurt him with Miami.
(09-29-2017, 01:12 AM)Vlad Wrote: Only a pipe dream but I would love to see a defunct NFL as a result of this. Let these players go and work at jobs in which they have a college degree in.

The NFL and it's teams employ, benefit, and provide charitable works for zounds of Americans who don't kneel during the anthem, so it's a bit of a shame to hear that you dream of a world where all those people lose their jobs/benefits so we can teach a handful of millionaires "a lesson."  Honest hard working Americans who have no control over the actions of the players.  American jobs.  I thought we cared about American jobs, but let's just can some estimated 100k+ American workers because you want to stick it to Colin Kaepernick. I'm sure they can all just go sulk in their giant mansions like Marshawn "sit during the Anthem" Lynch, right? That doesn't even bring up the idea that players who stand during the Anthem would lose their jobs.

Tough luck (insert your favorite player here)...some of your teammates ruined the NFL for everyone. Gee, what a dream you have there.
http://dailysnark.com/urban-meyers-wife-compared-colin-kaepernicks-decision-kneel-aaron-hernandezs-decision-murder/

Quote:Urban Meyer’s Wife Compares Colin Kaepernick To Aaron Hernandez On Twitter[Image: Meyer-Kaepernick.jpg]
Someone needs to take the Shelley Meyer’s phone because her tweeting could cost her husband, Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer some serious recruits.

Mrs. Meyer took to Twitter on Monday to take her jab at free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who filed a grievance against NFL owners for collusion, saying he needs to “suck it up because he made his decision to not be in the league when he decided to kneel during the playing of the National Anthem.

[Image: Shelley-Meyer-Kaepernick-696x698.jpg]
[Image: Shelley-Meyer-Kaepernick-696x698.jpg]
Then, as every Kaepernick hater has done, made an outrageous statement, downplaying the talent Kaepernick has.
Shelley claimed that she’d rather have Tim Tebow over Colin Kaepernick:

[Image: shelley-2.jpg]
[Image: shelley-2.jpg]
If that outrageous statement wasn’t bad enough, she replied to a Twitter user, basically comparing former New England Patriots Aaron Hernandez’s decision to kill someone to Kaepernick’s decision to kneel against racial and social injustices in America:

[Image: crazy.jpg]
[Image: crazy.jpg]
Unbelievable coming from Shelley Meyer, who’s husband coached Hernandez at the University of Florida.